I have some that could take out Portland, Corvallis and Salem.

Bioterror could empty the state of non-epics pretty easily if he wasn't stopped.

I'd say that the Astoria Epics going on a rampage would be the fastest.

5 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

@Voidus, @Edgedancer, @Kobold King, @Comatose, @Blackhoof, @WarriorMark16, @Quiver, @Aonar Faileas, @Blaze1616, @18th Shard, @Mckeedee123, @Mestiv, @RippleGylf

Hello, hello, however many of you are around. @TwiLyghtSansSparkles's (hopefully) temporary absence has made me realize something: if we want to give WHiO an ending other than the sad trailing-off of posts which seems likely now, action needs to be taken. As much I appreciate this RP for how it has improved my writing skills, given me an always-enjoyed place to joke around, and simply been a continually lovely story, I am not naive enough to assume that it would last forever. I am not definitively saying that now is the end. I don't want it to be. But I think that given the easily observable pattern of decreasing activity, even amongst prominent writers, steps need to be taken to do things the right way.

Since our beginnings, the goal of this RP has been a largely ambiguous, "Destroy Oregon." That worked really well when we had a constant buzz of activity, but now that we're struggling to settle just a few plotlines, creating a good, manageable closing for the big ones is what matters to send this awesome RP off the right away, if you all agree that's what needs to happen.

I don't want to go any further until I know where I stand. Thoughts?

I'm still here. (Been debating posting things for Frosty (already written, just not sure if I should post, since I'm wondering if I should wait until other people have reacted to Fatebreaker's post) and Eternity (not yet written, but could be done shortly) but don't really know where/how things are going.)

Eternity's powerful but not really in a destructive way. (Unless Upgrade got involved, then possibly, although it wouldn't be flashy.) Frostfire is more destructive, but also more limited.... Not really sure how I would directly contribute to Oregon's destruction. My characters might used as destabilizing forces, I suppose, pushing bigger Epics in their threads to do destructive things. 

Yeah, Astoria seems like the biggest concentration of state wide destruction. I think I mentioned before that Nighthound's death could kick up somewhat of a frenzy with them.

Though extending a bit on what Aonar said above, if Purple Phoenix ever gets around to mass producing Upgrade motivators, we can probably turn a significant part of the cast into WMDs.

Weirdly I think that if anything were going to revitalize the RP it'd be this, completely clearing out the characters (With perhaps a couple of exceptions) to allow some of the new players to play in a new setting without being held back by characters who just aren't progressing anymore.
Plus it would be storming fun to write :D

To sum up potential contributions from my end:
Bioterror can murder all of the everyone who's not an Epic if the Astoria Epics weren't focused on stopping him. And a good few Epics while he was at it if he went full on rampage mode. And if the Astoria Epics did go up against him then that'd still likely take out a good chunk of Astoria's populace at least with the aftermath.

Scribbler or MV if they went full corruption could do a fair number on Portland or the Dalles. Scribbler and Bloody Mary would be a horrendous combination of badness for everyone given how Scribblers powers ended up, though that'd be a tough team up.

Murphy has a potential way to level a good chunk of the city or if he were Upgraded then that could potentially be a good way to start this whole chain of events off, an upgraded version of supernatural improbability surging across the state.

Cornucopia has some potential to level Corvallis given that most of the city is supported by her and she has explosives all over the place.

PPPPPPPPPP/Saccharine could do some very serious damage if they had enough time but that'd probably be too long term for the RPs pace.

And in Salem of course we have about a thousand fairly powerful Epics with a lot of tension only vaguely held back from rampaging and killing everyone and each other.
*Whispers* What?
*More whispers*
Oh. Right. *sigh*
And of course the great and powerful Metronome could destroy all of the fractured states if he so pleased. :mellow:

On 26.6.2017 at 11:34 PM, Cognizantastic said:

The schism in the Empire of Light has been a plot point for a long while now, so I think it's entirely plausible that the current issues in Portland could finally cause the split that leads to Nighthound's death and a subsequent explosion of destruction from the Astorian Epics. My idea on how it might go down:

1. Chimera is beaten by Lightwards, who subjugates his creatures.
  2. Nighthound does something to irk Lightwards, who, ego bloated by a new death and a fresh victory, decides to end his impertinence once and for all.
  3. Even more amazing repeat of the street fight with scales tipped by dinosaur/chimeran warriors, Aldo & Cricket, etcetera — ATND.
  4. Astoria is even more destabilized, rampage begins.

I suppose that could work? I mean the chimeras and warriors wouldn't be terribly effective against Nighthound but at this point I can have him job the fight.

I also have a crazy idea for an Epic. Basically, he can change his personality (and at the same time, powers) at will, but this is done via choosing an element (fire, water, wind, earth, life and death). He had Schizophrenia as a kid, of course. So, his powers will adapt and will be pretty cool, but not game-changing (I won't make him OP). I already have a backstory, weakness, town he goes to and powers for him.

What do you guys think?

:)

On 6/15/2017 at 1:59 PM, Captains Domon said:

I actually was planning to do this, because at some point, Eugene will be introduced through Arthur.

Shattered will be his own story though. He'll be doing his own thing. (Also, he is inspired by Split, before anyone asks but he'll be much different)

I'm a little concerned about Shattered's personality disorder, and the number of powers he has.  Personally, I'd like to see how you other characters are handled before giving such a complicated character the go ahead (I'd also like some research, but maybe that's just me).

I agree that Arthur is the most interesting at the moment, and I thought we were trying to avoid direct connections with Phaedrus to avoid canon wrecking.  

On 6/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, Cognizantastic said:

@Voidus, @Edgedancer, @Kobold King, @Comatose, @Blackhoof, @WarriorMark16, @Quiver, @Aonar Faileas, @Blaze1616, @18th Shard, @Mckeedee123, @Mestiv, @RippleGylf

Hello, hello, however many of you are around. @TwiLyghtSansSparkles's (hopefully) temporary absence has made me realize something: if we want to give WHiO an ending other than the sad trailing-off of posts which seems likely now, action needs to be taken. As much I appreciate this RP for how it has improved my writing skills, given me an always-enjoyed place to joke around, and simply been a continually lovely story, I am not naive enough to assume that it would last forever. I am not definitively saying that now is the end. I don't want it to be. But I think that given the easily observable pattern of decreasing activity, even amongst prominent writers, steps need to be taken to do things the right way.

Since our beginnings, the goal of this RP has been a largely ambiguous, "Destroy Oregon." That worked really well when we had a constant buzz of activity, but now that we're struggling to settle just a few plotlines, creating a good, manageable closing for the big ones is what matters to send this awesome RP off the right away, if you all agree that's what needs to happen.

I don't want to go any further until I know where I stand. Thoughts?

I have a pretty firm outline for Corvallis.  I think I could destroy it in three-ish game days if I could get things moving. If people who aren't interested in writing, or don't have time, would be willing to let other people write their characters for the time being, or to at least let us know their intentions so we can use them as NPC's, we could get the ball rolling.  

On 6/25/2017 at 4:14 PM, Mestiv said:

Argon is quite  powerful but not in a destructive way. He can bring down a building or two, but not the entire state. I have no idea what to do with current state of the fanfic

I have some ideas for Argon and Summer.that I've been meaning to discuss with you, involving a plot point that starts at the end of the current game day.  I forget if I've spoken to you about it or not, but we should plot when you have time :).

On 6/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, Majestic said:

So apparently Upgrade is up for adoption. Just wondering who to talk to and even if I can.

Thanks guys :-)

Actually, I've already adopted him!

EDIT:

One thing I tried on MBI that might be helpful here is that we could make a list of open plotlines, and then go through and decide which ones can be 'summarized' (so we just provide a quick post providing a summary of what happens) and then which ones we think are important to RP out in full.  That might help move things along if we can get over some tricky points.  We could even leave some posting space to fill those scenes in later when people have time.  

4 hours ago, Comatose said:

I'm a little concerned about Shattered's personality disorder, and the number of powers he has.  Personally, I'd like to see how you other characters are handled before giving such a complicated character the go ahead (I'd also like some research, but maybe that's just me).

I agree that Arthur is the most interesting at the moment, and I thought we were trying to avoid direct connections with Phaedrus to avoid canon wrecking.  

I have a pretty firm outline for Corvallis.  I think I could destroy it in three-ish game days if I could get things moving. If people who aren't interested in writing, or don't have time, would be willing to let other people write their characters for the time being, or to at least let us know their intentions so we can use them as NPC's, we could get the ball rolling.  

I have some ideas for Argon and Summer.that I've been meaning to discuss with you, involving a plot point that starts at the end of the current game day.  I forget if I've spoken to you about it or not, but we should plot when you have time :).

Actually, I've already adopted him!

EDIT:

One thing I tried on MBI that might be helpful here is that we could make a list of open plotlines, and then go through and decide which ones can be 'summarized' (so we just provide a quick post providing a summary of what happens) and then which ones we think are important to RP out in full.  That might help move things along if we can get over some tricky points.  We could even leave some posting space to fill those scenes in later when people have time.  

I've noticed that most RP's are inactive. Hoping to move Salem along as I love the idea. However, I sort of need the go-ahead (plus I don't have any approved Epics yet). Was hoping to adopt Upgrade as his info was displayed on the "Adoptable Epic" page but it seems he's already taken, sadly...

Also have an idea for a group of human resistance fighters in Salem too. They're not like the Reckoners in that they prefer to loot buildings (banks, stores) and only kill Epics if they have to. Of course, they have to also be good at hiding or Soulcaster probably would have killed them all already.

So, that and Element (the schizophrenic one) are my main ideas. Now looking to adopt some different Epics, with Salem in mind.

Any other ideas?

All of my Portland epics can't really break anything. Astoria and Salem, maybe. Dallas, probably a little bit. I don't really tend to have epics that have much destructive capacities. 

I dunno if I'll be around here much but I can contribute a bit every now and then

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:36 AM, Majestic said:

I also have a crazy idea for an Epic. Basically, he can change his personality (and at the same time, powers) at will, but this is done via choosing an element (fire, water, wind, earth, life and death). He had Schizophrenia as a kid, of course. So, his powers will adapt and will be pretty cool, but not game-changing (I won't make him OP). I already have a backstory, weakness, town he goes to and powers for him.

What do you guys think?

Just reiterating haha. Could make him stronger to help destroy some stuff (hopefully Salem). Will provide more info if asked.

6 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Astoria: @Edgedancer. No explanation needed.

Let's see (tagging people relevant for their opinions as well):

Spoiler

The Metal's and Financier's day out: completely skipable

Dragoon/Backwave/Destroyer/Hellfire anti-city collaboration: It should be able to sum up the preparations and until we get an actual attack plan together. @Blackhoof

Eternity infiltrating the city: depends on where @Aonar Faileas actually wants to take him? (possibly negotiations with Winterspell and co to take the Metal out of the picture?)

Bioterror investigating possible traitor/leack: Depends if we actually want to find him anything important. @Voidus

Adventurer and Lockvault: Yeah don't think they're doing anything important right now. @Voidus

The whole Ragnarok/Antimatter situation: mostly self contained right now so I'll leave that to @WarriorMark16

Also, if you want to do the duty of going through the entirety of Portland, you have my vote. ;)

Edited by Edgedancer

7Sorry for the wait, my lungs have been attempting to escape through my throat, stopping only to set fire to my larynx on their way out. (I have a cold).

On 6/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, Majestic said:

What do you guys think?

Few issues I have, mostly that powers are given based on genetics, not personality so technically this would be an Epic with all those powers at the same time but some psychological trapping that prevents them from using them.o
Second, though less important is that there is a (sort of) schizophrenic Epic already (Purple Phoenix/ Protector/Penumbra/Planner/...) Though his is a result of his powers, not true schizophrenia. No reason there can't be another but something to keep in mind.

On 6/30/2017 at 3:28 PM, Majestic said:

I've noticed that most RP's are inactive. Hoping to move Salem along as I love the idea. However, I sort of need the go-ahead (plus I don't have any approved Epics yet). Was hoping to adopt Upgrade as his info was displayed on the "Adoptable Epic" page but it seems he's already taken, sadly...

Also have an idea for a group of human resistance fighters in Salem too. They're not like the Reckoners in that they prefer to loot buildings (banks, stores) and only kill Epics if they have to. Of course, they have to also be good at hiding or Soulcaster probably would have killed them all already.

So, that and Element (the schizophrenic one) are my main ideas. Now looking to adopt some different Epics, with Salem in mind.

Any other ideas?

Definitely happy to have more people in Salem.
For the human resistance fighters that'd be almost impossible given Sentry being able to see pretty much everywhere in the city, one might be able to survive for a couple of weeks if they were quite subtle but Salem is probably one of the better cities for people to live in anyway, they have a chance to compete with Epics directly if they want, there's electricity, food, entertainment. And Epics aren't really allowed to just go murdering people without reason.
Plus it has a constant influx of relatively powerful Epics so it'd also be one of the most dangerous places to rebel.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

7Sorry for the wait, my lungs have been attempting to escape through my throat, stopping only to set fire to my larynx on their way out. (I have a cold).

Few issues I have, mostly that powers are given based on genetics, not personality so technically this would be an Epic with all those powers at the same time but some psychological trapping that prevents them from using them.o
Second, though less important is that there is a (sort of) schizophrenic Epic already (Purple Phoenix/ Protector/Penumbra/Planner/...) Though his is a result of his powers, not true schizophrenia. No reason there can't be another but something to keep in mind.

Definitely happy to have more people in Salem.
For the human resistance fighters that'd be almost impossible given Sentry being able to see pretty much everywhere in the city, one might be able to survive for a couple of weeks if they were quite subtle but Salem is probably one of the better cities for people to live in anyway, they have a chance to compete with Epics directly if they want, there's electricity, food, entertainment. And Epics aren't really allowed to just go murdering people without reason.
Plus it has a constant influx of relatively powerful Epics so it'd also be one of the most dangerous places to rebel.

Very good points there, actually. I could probably adjust the Schizophrenic one (didn't realise there already were some others) so he does have those powers all at the same time, but they're just not as good, or there could be multiples of him with a different skill set / he has brothers and sisters with different skill sets.

As for the second post.... you're absolutely right. Another place, perhaps? Or, well, alternatively, I was kinda hoping the resistance people wouldn't last very long, because the final scene would be preeetty fun to write.

Anyways, I'm new, so I'm not the best person to think of these ideas :D

EDIT: Has anyone yet adopted Event Horizon? (I'm not obsessed I swear)

Edited by Majestic

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

I think so? Someone asked about him but that was over a year ago and never actually properly adopted him, so he should still be free.

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

I think so? Someone asked about him but that was over a year ago and never actually properly adopted him, so he should still be free.

Awesome! In that case... First chance to join in the RP!

:D

3 hours ago, Majestic said:

Very good points there, actually. I could probably adjust the Schizophrenic one (didn't realise there already were some others) so he does have those powers all at the same time, but they're just not as good, or there could be multiples of him with a different skill set / he has brothers and sisters with different skill sets.

As for the second post.... you're absolutely right. Another place, perhaps? Or, well, alternatively, I was kinda hoping the resistance people wouldn't last very long, because the final scene would be preeetty fun to write.

Anyways, I'm new, so I'm not the best person to think of these ideas :D

Siblings is possible, although if you still wanted all 6 elemental abilities I'd have to say the odds of 6 siblings all becoming Epics is relatively low, perhaps the ability to create an elemental of each type which uses the powers for him? Still lets you limit it to one powerset at a time that way, he has to swap the elemental out for another one to use different powers. This would also make it

If you're happy for them to be relatively new and not last very long then Salem should be fine, Sentry has very good visibility over the city but IIRC she can only view through one at a time so if these were some of the first occurrences they might be able to slip around unnoticed, especially if they set up a distraction elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Siblings is possible, although if you still wanted all 6 elemental abilities I'd have to say the odds of 6 siblings all becoming Epics is relatively low, perhaps the ability to create an elemental of each type which uses the powers for him? Still lets you limit it to one powerset at a time that way, he has to swap the elemental out for another one to use different powers. This would also make it

If you're happy for them to be relatively new and not last very long then Salem should be fine, Sentry has very good visibility over the city but IIRC she can only view through one at a time so if these were some of the first occurrences they might be able to slip around unnoticed, especially if they set up a distraction elsewhere.

Elemental beings sound cool (like the limit of only one at a time). And I'll find a way to prevent Sentry seeing straight away.

Taking over Event Horizon too. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Elemental beings sound cool (like the limit of only one at a time). And I'll find a way to prevent Sentry seeing straight away.

Taking over Event Horizon too. Cheers!

Yeah far as I can see no one else has written for Event Horizon so should be fine. Would appreciate a fuller profile for Elemental Epic before giving final thumbs up (Name, background, extent of powers, etc.) but with those restrictions I think he should be fine too.