Jon vs Cynder: Who is who?

Bromo_Sapien

Question

So i just reread the White Sand graphic novel and I'm a bit confused as to who is who. When Kenton introduces himself to Khriss and her party (I would reference a page number but I don't see any), the bald man in blue introduces himself as Professor Jon Acron and says that the man in all white with the goatee is Professor Cynder. However, a few pages before, as they are leaving the tent just after reviving Kenton, the man in white asks "What's he doing, Cynder?" and the man in blue replies, implying he is Cynder. This happens many times throughout the graphic novel:

• After the Kerztians attack Kenton and Khriss' party, the man in blue says "Jon Acron, for once, please shut up," after the man in white speaks, implying the goateed man in white is Jon.
  • Then, when they arrive in Kezare, the goateed man in white calls the man in blue Jon.
  • When they arrive in the Darksider enclave, the man in blue calls the goateed man in white Jon.
  • Finally, when the group is going around to the different Taisha, Khriss herself calls the man in blue Professor Cynder.

So I ask: Who is Professor Cynder and who is Professor Jon Acron?

2 answers to this question