Oathbringer at 100%

Yata

So exciting. This book series is most definitely my favorite ongoing series. Sanderson books are just so good his characters grab onto you and dont lwt go. Dalinar is my favorite character and seeing how this is going to be his book and it the bigest of the 3 I cant wait to dive into it next year and spend probley over a month in Roshar. I dont have the time I used to too many kids never seem to have time to read. Just want to thank Mr. Sanderson you are an amazing writer

3 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

I want to see the cover, when do they reveal it? I've always had that doubt.

As far as I know, the covers are among to the last things to work on, so probably we will see it, just some months before the release

33 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

I want to see the cover, when do they reveal it? I've always had that doubt.

I bet the cover is not even done yet. Probably sone rough Concepts but nothing concrete yet. I hope we get the cover then a inside flap like we had with Shallan and mabe even a 2nd back flap art of mabe of Adolin 

14 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

I bet the cover is not even done yet. Probably sone rough Concepts but nothing concrete yet. I hope we get the cover then a inside flap like we had with Shallan and mabe even a 2nd back flap art of mabe of Adolin 

I would love to see a cover with Dalinar and Adolin in it. Or maybe a back flap of either, and if it's possible, of both

Such good news!! Dalinar is also my favorite - he is unlike any character I've ever run across (admittedly I don't read as widely in genre as some of you do).

Re: the cover: I think we will be lucky to see it in August - - September is a better possibility, if the timeline is similar to Brandon's other books.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on these.) The WoK cover (Kaladin's flashback book) showed Eshonai and Dalinar. The WoR cover (Shallan's flashback book) showed Kaladin and Szeth. If that pattern holds, Dalinar will not be on the cover of Oathbringer.

So who do we think will be? Shallan? Jasnah? Adolin? Evi (Dalinar's wife, aka "shshsh")?

And if the pattern holds of showing a protagonist and an antagonist (or at least a seeming antagonist at the time), who would the other person be? Nalan? Taravangian? Mraise? It'd be cool if it was Nightwatcher - her curses could seem antagonistic from the protagonist's point of view.

We have 11 months to prepare for the release by rereading WoK and WoR, plus Edgedancer. :)

28 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

I would love to see a cover with Dalinar and Adolin in it. Or maybe a back flap of either, and if it's possible, of both

A cover with Dalinar and sons would be fantastic to me. After seeing the news that Oathbringer is done I was so pumped i just sent money to thw artist that I  commission to do SA art to do a new Adolin. Mabe I will ask him to do Dalinar and Adolin together 

10 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

A cover with Dalinar and sons would be fantastic to me. After seeing the news that Oathbringer is done I was so pumped i just sent money to thw artist that I  commission to do SA art to do a new Adolin. Mabe I will ask him to do Dalinar and Adolin together 

That would be the most awesome thing in the world. To have that cover in my shelf would be an honor.

1 hour ago, old aggie said:

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on these.) The WoK cover (Kaladin's flashback book) showed Eshonai and Dalinar. The WoR cover (Shallan's flashback book) showed Kaladin and Szeth. If that pattern holds, Dalinar will not be on the cover of Oathbringer.

So who do we think will be? Shallan? Jasnah? Adolin? Evi (Dalinar's wife, aka "shshsh")?

And if the pattern holds of showing a protagonist and an antagonist (or at least a seeming antagonist at the time), who would the other person be? Nalan? Taravangian? Mraise? It'd be cool if it was Nightwatcher - her curses could seem antagonistic from the protagonist's point of view.

I would love to see Adolin and Nale on the cover.  I think it could be really cool, and it should be set at Urithiru.  Adolin is set to be a major part of the story despite not having a POV early, after the murder of Sadeas, so if you're correct that Dalinar won't be on the cover himself (and it makes sense, if it's being planned that way), I think that's a fairly likely possibility.  Nale of course I'm less sure on, but he also seems set to take more prominence.

2 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I would love to see Adolin and Nale on the cover.  I think it could be really cool, and it should be set at Urithiru.  Adolin is set to be a major part of the story despite not having a POV early, after the murder of Sadeas, so if you're correct that Dalinar won't be on the cover himself (and it makes sense, if it's being planned that way), I think that's a fairly likely possibility.  Nale of course I'm less sure on, but he also seems set to take more prominence.

If we ever have a cover with Nale, I would love to see him with Lift or Szeth

3 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

That, and the fact that that is how Brandon refers to it in the Twitter post.

Well, obviously, haha. But publisher types do get a say on this sort of thing. Still, Oathbringer is a fantastic title so I'm not surprised it got OK'd fast.