Because we need more Dark Elves in this game, I've decided to be a Dunmer! :o  He's of House Telvanhi, and his rank is Magister.   I'll stick with Domo for a name for now.   He's somewhat comical, grumpy, and very, very old.  However, asking his age would be unwise, and likely start a fight.  He's not necessarily competitive, but he does like hitting things.  He's also rather short for a Dunmer.

Guys, Magister sounds like Magestar!

Jayjay leaned back in her chair and inspected the envelope. She held it with only his glove-covered thumb and pointer finger, so she could minimize skin contact. The envelope probably wasn't poisoned, but it was better to be safe than sorry. She wafted the air over the envelope to her nose, and took a cautious sniff. It smelled like ordinary paper.

"Smells fine," Jayjay said. "Should be safe to open."

Not yet, Jayjay insisted. Some poisons are odorless. Make sure there are no stains.

Jayjay peered at the envelope, which was made of ordinary parchment. No stains. 

She took out her pocketknife and carefully opened the envelope flap. Inside was a piece of paper, which she gently eased out with her fingers. As she read it, her eyes widened.

"Summitmist Manor! I've been invited to Summitmist Manor!" Jayjay said. She got up and pranced around her meager room in excitement. "Summitmist Manor! Summitmist Manor! I've been invited to Summitmist Manor!"

Don't be foolish, Jayjay said. There's always a catch. Read over the invitation again.

"Partypooper," Jayjay muttered. Still, she read over the letter again. Once in a lifetime opportunity, Summitmist Manor, secrets, lucky few, riches of her dreams, experience she'd never forget. It was the coolest thing she'd ever been invited to in her life.

"I'm going," Jayjay said.

You shouldn't, Jayjay warned. It'll be dangerous.

"I don't care," Jayjay said. "This is too awesome to miss."

Edited by Arraenae
Formatting

7 hours ago, Master Elodin said:

Guilty looked around innocently. "So," he said calmly, "how is everyone?"

I've decided to change Domo's name to Thendir.  Domo is not the right name for this character, nor the right character for this personality.  Plus, Thendir decided he didn't like Domo anyway.  He's very changeable.

Thendir turned.  "I'm doing absolutely fine."  He replied, his lined face contorting into a grin.  Then, suddenly, like a reverse Cheshire Cat, the grin slowly disappeared, until all that was left was Thendir.  "Not that that's any of your business, kid."    Thendir turned away, mumbling to himself.  

"What a suspicious looking fellow."

Edited by Magestar

Woo, let's get this pre-game RP going!

Hael, I've decided to change my character into an Altmer, that okay with you?

For everyone else who doesn't know about the elder scrolls, Altmer are basically High Elves, the prettiest type of Elf and the strongest in magic. :P

They also have a massive superiority complex and can usually deliver some sick burns with sarcasm and snark, heh. Besides their prowess with magic, they have this unique ability to piss off every single person they meet who is not Altmer :P.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Helchon did not deign to look at the company around him. To tell the truth, he did not know why he had even come. This...invitation had no signature. Who was this person, to even presume to extend an invitation to an Altmeri?  

He would have laughed, incinerated the invitation, and sent some men to track down the sender and murder him in his sleep as a message. Routine for those who overestimated themselves.

And yet. His curiousity had overpowered him, and now he found himself in the company of…undesirables. There were two other Altmeri. Galerion, who had wisely reserved himself from the rabble around him, watching. He, perhaps, was the only being here Helchon approved of. The other Altmer...he would have spat at him if the action wasn’t so undignified. Sartinia. Wretch. There he sat on the ground, unkempt, an insult to his Altmeri heritage.

And what of the others? A Bosmer, cowering in the shadows. A pitiable representative of a race he usually tolerated. Two Dunmer. A laughable, short wizened one and another one with multicolored eyes standing awkwardly by himself. He could not find it in himself to hate these Dunmer. They were representative of their race, yes, but there was kindness in his heart. An Argonian watching from the shadows. Dismissed immediately. Two khajiit. One sleeping, the other one grinning at him. It was a sad, sad collection of individuals here today.

His eyes glazed over the others. They were not mer. They were not beast. They were... utterly beneath him. He did not care whether they were Redguard, Breton or Nord. They were simply beneath his notice. There were a lot of them, walking around, piping questions. Helchon utterly dismissed them.

As far as he was concerned, he had no competition at all for this mysterious promise that lay in the manor. He was altmer. The only Altmer of any capability. Yes. Helchon allowed himself a small smile. He could find in himself some emotion for those around him besides laughter. He could find it in himself to pity them for having to go against him.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

What a nice guy, eh? I'd love to RP with any of you, so approach me! My character's not going to lower himself to approach any of you, so approach me if you wanna chat! :D

Edited by Doc12

Adarjmei, a khajiit, is accepting the invite. Okay, so she wasnt the intended recipient but it seemed like a good thing to steal alongside some rich guys  gold, and the invite didnt have a name on it soo.... its hers now! Shes a kleptomaniac kitty and anyone who doesnt like that fact should glue their boots to their feet. 

(Its good pickpocketing practice- im not even kidding. Ask Hael. he pickpocketed the shoes off the feet of an entire city once. Seriously.)

Jayjay observed the other participants through her binoculars. There were several humanoid creatures, as well as one with a cat’s head. They looked friendly enough, except for that elf in the corner. He looked like a big grump. Still, Jayjay wanted to introduce herself, especially to the cat-creature.

Scout first, chat later, Jayjay reminded.

“I know, I know,” Jayjay grumbled. “Don’t let them maneuver me into a corner.” She stood up from her perch on the rooftops and put her binoculars back in their case.

Jayjay cautiously walked along the ledge. It was about a third of a meter wide, more than enough room for her feet, but she still felt like she was walking on a tightrope. She’d never been on a ledge this narrow or this high before. She took a step forwards. Then another, and another, until she was speedwalking along the ledge.

Then her foot caught in something and she stumbled. Her binoculars flew out of her hand.

Jayjay felt herself vault in a forwards tuck. The world swished by in a blur. She rolled to absorb the impact -- away from the edge.

“Thanks,” Jayjay gasped. That had been way too close.

Don’t thank me, Jayjay said. Pay more attention to your surroundings.

“Still, you'll save me, right?” Jayjay asked.

Jayjay started to say something, but Jayjay interrupted to forestall the lecture. “Stop, I get it,” Jayjay said. “No, you won’t help me, I gotta learn for myself, school of the self-taught individual and all that.”

Shut up and pay attention, Jayjay said. She sounded unusually panicked. You need to get the binoculars back. Now. They've fallen on the Altmeri's head.

14 hours ago, Magestar said:

I've decided to change Domo's name to Thendir.  Domo is not the right name for this character, nor the right character for this personality.  Plus, Thendir decided he didn't like Domo anyway.  He's very changeable.

Thendir turned.  "I'm doing absolutely fine."  He replied, his lined face contorting into a grin.  Then, suddenly, like a reverse Cheshire Cat, the grin slowly disappeared, until all that was left was Thendir.  "Not that that's any of your business, kid."    Thendir turned away, mumbling to himself.  

"What a suspicious looking fellow."

Guilty was hurt. "That's not a very nice thing to say. I think that you're a rather grumpy mumbling person yourself." Guilty stomped away, muttering about people making fun of his name.

Helchon was not amused. 

There he had stood, the picture of austere separation, waitng patiently for the event to start, when someone had the audacity to drop something on his head! 

Of course, the object had not hit him, he would have to be a human to be so clumsy, but the very idea! Oh how he would have liked to crush the offending object in his hands, and to crush the offender with a well-placed destruction spell, but no. He slowly turned his head up to see the frightened orbs of a young human girl staring at him from the roof. He glanced back down at the object he held in his hands. Some kind of...device utilizing lenses. Bringing them to his eyes, he recoiled at how blurry they made the world. But now he understood. Those poor races. Without the aid of mer eyes, they have been forced to compensate with these. 

The girl was still staring at him. Sighing, Helchon extended his hand in a telekinesis spell, grabbing the girl in his mental grip and bringing her down to the ground. Releasing her, he ignored her grunt as she hit the floor. He knelt down to her level, and smiling coldly, handed her the device. "Take care not to lose this again, girl." He restrained a smirk at her reaction. Oh, he could be angry. It was well within his rights.But never let it be said the Altmer were cruel without reason!  Besides, this youngling was not worth the magicka it would take to wipe her off Nirn. Furthermore, that display of her incompetence had amused him. He could afford to be compassionate. 

Without waiting for her response, he turned on his heel and stalked away to another spot. By the Aedra...he should not have arrived so early...He sat himself down by a boulder and brought out a tome, deciding to at lest make some use of his time. 

Dear Aedra, let no one else approach me...

Isn't he sweet? Please approach me :P
Edited by Doc12

Because I lost a coin toss... I guess I'm supposed to sign up as Kjartan, as Nord who calls himself the Boot of Stendarr, hunting Daedra-worshippers, vampires, etcetera, in the name of Stendarr. Kjartan, of course, would be nothing without his Mus - a seemingly ordinary, grey-furred mouse, excellent at secreting itself about Kjartan's person, even while he's wearing armour. Kjartan defers to Mus's judgement, going so far to call Mus the Voice of Stendarr... 

I play too much Baldur's Gate, so sue me  I'll be on holiday mode for the course of this game, though. You've been warned.

One of the letters had found its way to a strange place: a heavily-armoured Nord, standing at an intersection, with a two-handed sword strapped prominently across his back.

Kjartan crumpled the letter in his gauntleted hand. A soft, quivering nose poked out of his sleeve - a few moments later, the rest of Mus made an appearance. "Well, what do you think?" he asked the mouse.

Mus gave a loud, emphatic squeak.

Kjartan nodded, solemnly. "You are right, my friend," he declared; his voice both loud and cheerful. "Indeed, there is a stink of evil about this letter! No doubt about it, Stendarr has spoken! We must investigate this party, at once! And when we find a den of stinking evil...it will meet our boot! We will kick it hard, in the name of Stendarr!"

Mus squeaked again, as Kjartan tossed the letter aside, without a second glance, and went to make all necessary preparations.

Edited by Kasimir

11 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Oh my. You didn't even know what you had said? Goodness gracious me! Of course that was in the quotation marks. I wouldn't dream of suggesting anything else!

*raises hands*

I don't want to start another flame war.

Although I wasn't under the impression that the word  tbbttotp . In it's precise and holy order was in my quotation marks

5 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

*raises hands*

I don't want to start another flame war.

Although I wasn't under the impression that the word  tbbttotp . In it's precise and holy order was in my quotation marks

. . . It's an acronym of what's in quotation marks.

Just now, Darkness Ascendant said:

but the acronym itself was not in the quotation marks yes?

Yes it was. An acronym is just a representation of a string of words. Its the same as the letters you used to represent it in the first place. There is no difference between your string of letters and mine. They are just two different representations of the same thing.