2017: The Bar

ThirdGen

5 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Plus I turn 16 and will be able to do stuff like drive and go on dates. (Not that anyone would ask me out, but I'll be able to.)

You got some kind of law that forbids people under 16 to go on dates? o.O I'm sure someone will ask you out!

Just now, Mestiv said:

You got some kind of law that forbids people under 16 to go on dates? o.O I'm sure someone will ask you out!

It's not a law here in the US, but many parents forbid their kids from dating until they're 16. Specifics vary. Mine said double-dates and supervised dates were fine at 14, but no single or unsupervised dates until I reached 16. I didn't go on a lot of dates back then, so all this really amounted to was my mom signing up as a chaperone at my homecoming dance freshman year (which I think was the only homecoming dance I went to). Other parents might say double-dates are fine at a certain age, but no single dates until 16 or 18. 

12 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

It's a Mormon rule... And if we're being technical, it means she can go on group dates and group dates only, now and forever, ahmen! And aaaaahhmeeeeen!

I mean, I totally waited till 16 to start dating, but after a couple months I kinda quit on the group dating. It was just SO hard to get a double. Getting folks together for a party wasn't ever too bad, but...yeah, worked out well for me. 

15 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

It's a Mormon rule... And if we're being technical, it means she can go on group dates and group dates only, now and forever, ahmen! And aaaaahhmeeeeen!

Actually, that's only while we're teenagers. Once we're older, it's actually encouraged to date more seriously and get married. But dating while you're younger is more to get a sense of what kind of people you like.

@Mestiv, one of the biggest reasons I wouldn't get asked out is because I don't even know enough people IRL.

Sorry for derailing . . .

22 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Actually, that's only while we're teenagers. Once we're older, it's actually encouraged to date more seriously and get married. But dating while you're younger is more to get a sense of what kind of people you like.

@Mestiv, one of the biggest reasons I wouldn't get asked out is because I don't even know enough people IRL.

Sorry for derailing . . .

Heh, if you're a grill, I'd ask you out, if only because you'd be the only person my age who likes Sanderson.

Edited by Jedal
100th Post. Lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Chaos locked this topic