The Honor Spren

You might not know this, (or you might not know me, in which case: hi, I'm Honor Spren) but I like to draw. I figured it could give me more motivation and help me improve if I posted all my art here. Feel free to ask questions and give critiques (or praise, you know. . . if you feel like it :ph34r:

First off, there's this picture I drew a month ago of this guy:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

It has issues, and I wasn't going to post any of my older art on here, but this is my most recent drawing of a male. Plus, it's my only drawing of a guy that I don't hate.

I got a new pack of prismacolor pencils a few days ago and the next two will be done with them. I love these pencils.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I realized that I almost never draw people of color, so this drawing is an attempt to help fix that. I'm not sure if I pulled it off very well. Also, if anyone is wondering why her legs are almost black, those are tights.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

This one is a drawing of my favorite OC, Eneless. It's also probably the best thing I've ever drawn. I'm especially proud of her hair and her magic. 

Bonus:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I have taken up zentangling again! It's basically cool looking doodling. 

Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

This is a rough draft of Thiglena. Her proportions are off, making her look older than I meant her to be. I tried to base her outfit off of steampunk, but it's so hard to find any reference photos that look practical, as opposed to lingerie with buckles . . .

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

image.jpeg

This is a rough draft of Thiglena. Her proportions are off, making her look older than I meant her to be. I tried to base her outfit off of steampunk, but it's so hard to find any reference photos that look practical, as opposed to lingerie with buckles . . .

I like her!

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hide contents

image.jpeg

That can't be steampunk! I mean, she's not even wearing any goggles!

Joking aside...your art looks good. I especially like the magic effect you used on Eneless.

...sorry. Not an art critic. But I like how each character has a different pose; tells the looker something about their personality right from the start.

13 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Your rough drafts are pretty storming good! I know a tonne of people on devart who doodle in the same style as you, and guess what?? The people love it!! Maybe u should come join devart!

On December 7, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Mesa the Ookla said:

Your rough drafts are pretty storming good! I know a tonne of people on devart who doodle in the same style as you, and guess what?? The people love it!! Maybe u should come join devart!

Thanks! I might join deviant art someday.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Here's my final draft of Thiglena. I like how I colored it, but something about her face seems off to me. Maybe it's her chin?

2 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Part of that was on purpose, since her head is at 3/4 view, but you're right. Her right eye (our right, her left) is kind of misshapen. Thank you for pointing it out; I'll fix that next time. :)

Really? I just happens that her left eye (our right) isn't the problem. Its her other eye. Bring it a lot closer to the nose because she isn't a dinosaur.  WithWith eyes on the sides of her head lol 

51 minutes ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

Really? I just happens that her left eye (our right) isn't the problem. Its her other eye. Bring it a lot closer to the nose because she isn't a dinosaur.  With eyes on the sides of her head lol 

Ohhhhhh, you're right, I hadn't even noticed that. I used to have a habit of making eyes too close together (which in my opinion looks even worse) so I guess in trying to fix that I've started to do the opposite. Thank you for the critique. 

13 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Ohhhhhh, you're right, I hadn't even noticed that. I used to have a habit of making eyes too close together (which in my opinion looks even worse) so I guess in trying to fix that I've started to do the opposite. Thank you for the critique. 

No worries, glad to have been help. :)

Edited by Mesa the Ookla

• 2 weeks later...

Some concept art for my character, Erif. I'm trying to work on faces, especially in profile view. No need to tell me all the flaws in this one, I am well aware of them and they are many. The only one I'm happy with is the one on the top right.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Edited by The Honor Spren

5 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

Some concept art for my character, Erif. I'm trying to work on faces, especially in profile view. No need to tell me all the flaws in this one, I am well aware of them and they are many. The only one I'm happy with is the one on the top left.

Hide contents

image.jpeg

The profile is not the only good one! I quite like the full front. 

What's Erif's story?

2 hours ago, bleeder said:

The profile is not the only good one! I quite like the full front. 

What's Erif's story?

*facepalm* I meant right. Storming colors, I thought I finally learned how to tell sides apart 7 years ago. <_< I really don't like the profile. 

As you could probably tell by the ears, he's not human. The name of his race, the Nemle, translates "the travelers." At this point in his timeline, he is at school, training to be an servant to one of the spirits that the Nemle have a contract with. He uses fire magic and is friends with Eneless and Thiglena.

I got a new pencil sharpener, a Staedtler Mars eraser, a colored pencil blender, and a set of Faber-Castell pens in my stocking today. :D All of which I used in this drawing:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

The brush pen was perfect for doing black hair, but I think I need to start shading skin with a different pencil, because his face just looks dirty. I like this one way better than the 3/4 view of Erif. 

A little background on this character, Nithgil is Erif's older brother, but their birthdays are only 11 months apart, so they're in the same year. He uses lightning magic and is proficient in archery. Thiglena is his girlfriend.

I finished this one two nights ago, but I keep forgetting to post it. . . .

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I think this is my first time drawing two characters in one picture. (if you don't count the stick figure drawings of my family that I did when I was a child) It's also a good example of perseverance, because when I first started this one, I hated it. But when I finished it, I realized it's probably my favorite thing I've ever drawn. (And then I stared at it till I hated it again, but I do that with everything I make.)

Things I'm proud of include their hands, the shading of everything except their skin, their magic, and Thiglena's clothes. Things I'm not so proud of include the shading of their skin, Thiglena's front arm, Nithgil's face, how stiff he looks, and the fact that I parted Thig's hair on the wrong side. Oops.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been forever since I posted on here.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I started a 52 week illustration challenge, and this week's prompt was "feathered animals." I had to look at a lot of references for this one. I also find it kind of funny that it was harder for me to draw the bird, than the wings on the girl. 

Bonus:

Spoiler

image.jpeg

This was my drawing for when the promo was "reflection."

46 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

It's been forever since I posted on here.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

I started a 52 week illustration challenge, and this week's prompt was "feathered animals." I had to look at a lot of references for this one. I also find it kind of funny that it was harder for me to draw the bird, than the wings on the girl. 

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

This was my drawing for when the promo was "reflection."

That bonus makes me sad in a good way.

Nice work! 

Ameteur who's spent a lot of time with pro's here (specifically my mother, who is a portrait painter - works in oils and watercolours mostly but does excellent pencil/pen work)  

Your use of colour is fantastic. 

Your creativity in characters/costume designs is equally fantastic. Well done. Very well done. 

For improvement, I'd recommend trying out different body shapes/types, and then expand the depth/shading of faces. 

Practice drawing from real people as much as possible to strengthen proportions, and get a grasp of different body types and the subtle ways to make people look unique. 

Ultimately, your work is inspired and extremely promising. I reckon you've brought in a few creationspren at least ;) 

Have some upvotes :D b 

12 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Thought I'd pop in here and show off my new Copic markers.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Eight whole markers to start off my collection! I wish I had a green though . . . 乁(ツ)ㄏ 

It looks really good! You seem to have really improved.

7 hours ago, Jedal said:

It looks really good! You seem to have really improved.

I assume you mean my drawing skills and not my coloring skills, since that was my first time ever using the markers. :P But thank you, it means a lot when people say that. ^_^ 

Here's my second go with these things, and I must say, I'm rather proud of those hands:

Spoiler

image.jpeg