Shasta Smedry through the shaper's lens

When Alcatraz turns the shaper's lens on his mom, it shows a world where the hushlands and free kingdoms live side by side. My thought is, if they live next to each other like that, it means that it would be impossible for the librarians to control information. Everyone would know about physics being a lie (or at least incomplete), and they would know about sands being important. She's taken all of the evil out of the hushlands. In a way, she's being less controlling than the free kingdoms, because she allows them a choice between our technology or theirs. In the fourth book, the King of Mokia tells Alcatraz that their way of life wasn't more advanced, it was just how they preferred it. Well, Shasta is allowing people to choose either the simple or the complicated lifestyle, or even a mixture of both. So I feel like Shasta isn't evil, and I was just wondering other people's opinions. Also, what were your thoughts on the black bubbling liquid she was trying to keep down? Was that the evil of the other librarians, or something warring inside of her? Alcatraz seemed to think it was the other librarians, and I suppose he would know, but it's possible he was mistaken. Honestly, I have no idea what I think about that.

• 5 years later...