Leatherbound Mistborn

Treygec

13 minutes ago, radiantaura said:

My copy just arrived! I got #73.

I was actually expecting it to take much longer to get to the UK. Pleasantly surprised :lol:

Congrats! Mine arrived on Monday this week. Really happy with it, although my deliberations over which shipping to choose meant I only got #1038... that extra 3-4 minutes makes a lot of difference!

Last years Elantris I got #98.. so can't complain really.

If you don't mind me asking, which shipping option did you go for? I feel I wasted a lot of £ with FedEx.

Edited by WeeDunadan
Make point clearer

43 minutes ago, WeeDunadan said:

Congrats! Mine arrived on Monday this week. Really happy with it, although my deliberations over which shipping to choose meant I only got #1038... that extra 3-4 minutes makes a lot of difference!

If you don't mind me asking, which shipping option did you go for? I feel I wasted a lot of £ with FedEx.

Yeah I ordered within the first minute of release haha - I planned which shipping option to get beforehand.

I actually went for the cheapest option - $35 or so. My order was approx £108.

10 minutes ago, radiantaura said:

Yeah I ordered within the first minute of release haha - I planned which shipping option to get beforehand.

I actually went for the cheapest option - $35 or so. My order was approx £108.

Cool, I'll probably use that option next year, looking forward already!

On 12/22/2016 at 8:53 AM, WeeDunadan said:

Ha! I placed my order right before you with #1037. I wasted 3-4 minutes trying to get my question down to 90 characters. Here it is in all of it's glory:

Steel Lines.jpg

1 hour ago, Titan Arum said:

Ha! I placed my order right before you with #1037. I wasted 3-4 minutes trying to get my question down to 90 characters. Here it is in all of it's glory:

Steel Lines.jpg

Whoa.  That's the first hint we've seen that Coinshots might be able to pull off this trick at all.  (I've seen debate as to whether only Leechers can do it because of the difference between Pushing/Pulling.)

I got mine today :lol: (okay, it really came a few days back, but I resisted opening it until today).

I decided to go with something fun, so I asked him to write the First Ideal of the Knights Radiant translated into High Imperial.

Mistborn_leatherbound.png

It's a shame that he missed my name off, but I can't complain too much given how much I've fallen in love with it.:wub:  Also I think I've now finally figured what to use as a signature.:)

On 12/22/2016 at 1:53 PM, WeeDunadan said:

Could be worse: I mixed up the time zones, which coupled with an authentication issue and my ignorance of the 90 character restriction (my original attempt was 91 characters long), meant that I ordered mine about 2 hours and 15 minutes after it went on sale. As such I got #1328.

And to mirror your post, I got #97 for Elantris last year!

• 2 weeks later...

I missed my delivery over Christmas and finally got mine too!  Had not seen the notice in all the running around.  

Mistborn.jpg

Because it's so small, my question was "Do powerful magnets affect metalminds or metal reserves in a metalborn?" I had wanted to ask "Do powerful electro magnets, like an nMRI, affect metalborn reserves or metalminds, and if so, will we see them having security applications in future Mistborn eras?" But I had to pare it down due to character limit.

His answer was "Yes.  But.... That has a "*" on it."

So yes, but no idea if they will be involved in anti-Allomancer security systems. And the star seems to hint that the investiture might hack physics a bit, as it has been known to do.

Edited by Stark

On 12/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, BlackYeti said:

I decided to go with something fun, so I asked him to write the First Ideal of the Knights Radiant translated into High Imperial.

Wasing the having of thinking!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party, but the internet was done for a while.

Question: 
If Rashek had been in a position to claim Preservation and Ruin simultaneously, as Sazed did, would he have been able to to Ascend to Harmony, another combination of the two Shards, or just one?

Answer:
All three are possible

Spoiler

20170114_0801271_zpspsohtz5a.jpg

So... interesting.
If I wasn't in quite so much of a hurry, I'd theorise more, but it's interesting to know that Preservation's Champion, albeit an earlier one, had enough of a connection to Ruin to take up that Shard alone, or in combination with Preservation itself.
More interesting is that he could have gone to Harmony OR another combination of the two. Whether that is telling something of note, or just Brandon saying he could have gone by a different name, I have no idea.

6 minutes ago, Kiiyashi said:

If I wasn't in quite so much of a hurry, I'd theorise more, but it's interesting to know that Preservation's Champion, albeit an earlier one, had enough of a connection to Ruin to take up that Shard alone, or in combination with Preservation itself.

He did murder Alendi, and it only went downhill from there. 

Interesting though. I am a big fan of Rashek WoBs.

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Kiiyashi said:

More interesting is that he could have gone to Harmony OR another combination of the two. Whether that is telling something of note, or just Brandon saying he could have gone by a different name, I have no idea.

Wasn't there another WoB that states that "Harmony" is just Sazed's interpretation of Ruin+Preservation?  In that sense I think it would be very easy for Rashek to merge the two without becoming Harmony.  

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on this in December. Does anyone know if they might make more prints of this in the future? I saw where the Elantris Leather-bound was in stock, and the description says it's the second printing of it. I'm assuming that means they'll probably do a second printing of the Mistborn Leather-bound, but I wasn't 100% sure what to expect.

12 minutes ago, Andy92 said:

I missed out on this in December. Does anyone know if they might make more prints of this in the future? I saw where the Elantris Leather-bound was in stock, and the description says it's the second printing of it. I'm assuming that means they'll probably do a second printing of the Mistborn Leather-bound, but I wasn't 100% sure what to expect.

I think a reprint is very very likely. If the Elantris one is any indication, you should expect to hear about it around March - April.

19 minutes ago, Andy92 said:

You can contact the store and ask. I just used the contact form to check when some posters were coming back in stock. It took a week or so to get a reply, but Kara eventually got back to me. If they have specific plans for when it will become available, she might let you know a ballpark date.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2016 at 7:14 AM, momaw said:

I like these releasing at the start of December. It's like a birthday present every year.  Can't wait for this one.

Do you think when they get to Stormlight they'll release them in two volumes each given the length, the extras these editions get and the fact they are at their limits binding them at the moment? 2 volumes in a slip case would look handsome.

I think I saw that he was planning on doing the double in the case for those books, and combining the first two and second two of the Mistborn Era 2into two books when the time comes.

Not positive though :P

5 hours ago, PennySludt said:

I think I saw that he was planning on doing the double in the case for those books, and combining the first two and second two of the Mistborn Era 2into two books when the time comes.

Not positive though :P

From a Reddit AMA:

Our plan is to do tenth anniversary books of all of the cosmere novels, though right now I plan to put the four Wax and Wayne books into two volumes. (So, sell them as two-in-one.) Likewise, it's possible that the Stormlight books will be better as two volumes each, sold in a slip case together, so that you don't risk ruining bindings by reading them.

[Source]

• Chaos locked this topic