9 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Wait, what win con?

Referring to the fact that I'm guaranteed to start a villager, and therefore will plan accordingly. Chances are more likely that I'll remain a villager than not.

Also, a down vote because of my play style? Not cool >>

Edited by Amanuensis
No longer relevant

19 minutes ago, Magestar said:

You're also ignoring the possibility of people who like being an Elim realizing they have a way higher chance of becoming one if they go explore the night that you make sure we send one person. :P 

Why would they have a higher chance?

Edit: also, just realized the first traitor had to be killed. I thought one just had to exist. Ignore my plan :P 

Edited by Bugsy6912

I'll join as Isaac "The Hammer" Jones, a rough-and-tumble treasure-hound that can and will pocket anything that looks valuable.

Regarding Aman's plan, I personally am for it. It would not detract from my game experience any, and gives us a good chance at catching elims lying. However, I can see how other players might not agree with it.

Just for some context on my perspective, I never believed everyone would agree to or follow through with the plan, which renders it obsolete. My intent with suggesting it was to spark discussion and allow people who might not say much otherwise to add their thoughts. For those concerned that such a plan would encourage aggressive competition or transform the game into something more mechanical than fun / interactive, I personally would not allow such a thing to occur, and believe others would advocate the same. The core points of mine were 1: encourage activity by punishing those not participating in the game (no one will be punished for having a conflicting opinion with the plan. All this part is creating our own inactivity filter, since there isn't one in the game already) 2: encourage activity (while also building relations between players) by making sure everyone has two others to discuss things with while also 3: maintaining a healthily progressive game, particular in the long term.

For those of you concerned with how it might affect the eliminators, it doesn't actually have any specific negative impact on the Traitors, and I would even go so far as to say it helps them in some ways. Not only does it pretty much ensure villagers will die in the beginning, as an eliminator is more likely to be active than not, and it's less likely that Wyrm will convert a player who isn't even coming onto the forums than one who is, but it also guarantees eliminators get information for their team, as well as gives them plenty of opportunities so sow mistrust and chaos, such as by targeting specific players to implicate others. Additionally, it also drives into their head that they need to be more careful with what they say and do, which in turn prevents them from slipping up when they might otherwise, and even makes things slightly more challenging / interesting.

In the end, its still the same game, only slightly more organized than it would be before, and in my opinion, more fun because everyone is involved / no one is left out.

Edited by Amanuensis

Item #: SCP-H1

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment procedures: SCP-H1 is to be kept on the hill. If SCP-H1 is removed from the hill, very bad things will happen. It is best if SCP-H1 is kept on top of the hill, as otherwise it would be on a slant, which would make it look less pretty. In the case that SCP-H1 falls over, a security force is to go put it right-side up. In the case that SCP-H1 is attacked by aliens, Agent B           is to tell the aliens to go away. In the case that SCP-H1 spontaneously explodes, a security force is to hold a memorial service in its honor. If this is not done, then [REDACTED], which we do not want. People are allowed to come and look at SCP-H1 , but not to go inside. If a person does go inside, then SCP-H1 has claimed them and nothing can be done about it. A 'FOR SALE' sign is to be kept outside SCP-H1 to keep potential visitors away.

Description: SCP-H1 is a large mansion, which is on top of a hill. Its dimensions are uncertain, although it is sure that it exists in the first three. The house is not on the side of the hill, nor underneath the hill, but on top of it. If this is confusing, see addendum A. This house has a large number of rooms, which swap places randomly and cannot be counted by conventional means.

A certain number of these rooms appear to give powers to those that enter them. These powers range from [REDACTED] to [REDACTED]. It is assumed that they will be useful.

Many rooms have items in them, which appear to be incredibly difficult to operate. Over     % of these items take over 8 hours to properly operate. Operation grows no faster through repeated use. These items have effects ranging from [REDACTED] to [REDACTED].

A few rooms appear to be completely black when looked into. If these rooms are ventured into without flipping the light switch under any circumstances, SCP-H1 will take control of the victims and force them to do traitorous things.

A way to destroy SCP-H1 is being looked into. Agent B           suggested using gasoline, but was reprimanded for unclear thinking. It is apparent that the only way to destroy SCP-H1 is by finding both its heart (SCP-H1-1) and a way to destroy the heart, both of which must be held within SCP-H1.

On   /  /  , a group of     members are to go into the house, with the objective of destroying SCP-H1-1. The force is to be composed entirely of civilians, in order to keep D-class from being killed unnecessarily. They will be unarmed, in order to keep weapons from falling into SCP-H1's hands. Many of them will be unconscious, to keep them from wandering into an unlit room. Many will have taken Class-F amnesics, and will be unable to remember the exact details of their mission. This will have been an accident. If they find that one of their members has been corrupted, they are encouraged to exterminate them, for obvious reasons. The house must be destroyed, no matter the cost.

Addendum A:

Spoiler

2016-11-10_1653.png

Note: This picture is used for placement purposes only, and is meant in no way to indicate the size of the house, the surroundings of the house, or the weather.

All right, I am Dr. Konwa Arelle, the Abundance's foremost scholar on Biochroma and Awakening. Konwa is a young, bright-spirited researcher on her first mission in the field. She is known among her colleagues for her ravenous sense of curiosity, a quality that has made her a fantastic researcher. Here, though, it may end up getting her into trouble...

Dr. Nowko Lestibournes, leader of the Abundance, liked to keep informed of important goings-on across the cosmere. So as he looked over the missive from one of the Abundance agents in Hallandren, he wasn't surprised by what he found there. He'd been waiting for this for quite some time.

Nowko had had his eye on the infamous "House on the Hill" for a while now, ever since it had been brought to his attention a few years back. Mysterious danger? Investitures no one had ever seen? This was a case for the Abundance if ever there was one. And now, at last, his chance had come.

"Len! I need you!" It seemed he had hardly finished his sentence, when the boy was already cracking the door to the study. He'd never admit it aloud, but Won LenReen was the most devoted assistant it had ever been his sincere pleasure to work with.

"Yes, Dr. Lestibournes?" The lad stood nonchalantly, a rakish look on his face, but Nowko knew that face hid a fiendish intelligence and a fierce loyalty -- even if the boy himself liked to pretend otherwise.

"Get in here and close the door. Are you familiar with the House on the Hill on Nalthis?"

Len hesitated. "Refresh my memory."

"Old mansion, first heard of it about three years ago. No one knows how old it is; as far as they can remember, it's always been there. Everyone and his brother has a ghost story about it, but no one knows the truth. Reports by field operatives suggest that the entire house may be a single, massive awakened object."

"Oh, yes," Len grimaced. "That. What about it?"

"It's being opened. They're sending a team in to investigate. I need an operative on that team. Who have you got who can do Awakening?"

"Oh... Hm. I would suggest Dr. Occulta, but... Well..."

"Yes. I know." Nowko tried not to think about the fact that he'd had the Survivor of bloody Hathsin working for him without his knowledge. "Who else is there?"

"Well, there's Dr. Arelle." Len forwarded hesitantly.

"You mean Konwa? Storms, boy, she's barely more than a child. I like her well enough, and she's a brilliant researcher, but do you really think her ready for this sort of mission?"

Len shrugged. "She's been asking for the opportunity to do some fieldwork. She's young, inexperienced, and naïve, but... well, she's the best I can offer you, sir."

Nowko frowned, thoughts turning over in his head. But try as he might, he couldn't find a way out of the situation.

"Storm it! I need someone in that house, Len. Make the call."

Len nodded gravely, then turned to leave.

"Ena! I need you to deliver a message to Dr. Konwa Arelle."

Nowko watched him narrate the message to his Seon as the two left his study. He sat there, hoping beyond hope that he hadn't just sent an innocent young girl to her death.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Nah, more like the young'uns are taking the place ya left behind when ya went on vacation. This is what happens when ya get old, Wonko! :P 

Dr. Artie Neuems at your service. I've heard that you're visiting some house over here. Mind if I join ya?

Edited by Arraenae
Reworded things

By the way, if anyone wants to spectate, just let me know.

Also, due to the way this game works, I will be requiring living players to immediately cease all communications with dead players upon that player's death.

Edited by Wyrmhero

1 hour ago, Wyrmhero said:

By the way, if anyone wants to spectate, just let me know.

At this point, I'm unsure whether I'll be playing or spec'ing - it will probably depend on where LG27 is up to by the time signups end. This looks like a great game though, and it's caused me to check out a new board game as well, which is a plus, so thanks!

Edited by The Young Bard

In this game, I will never present an untruth as truth. If I say something untrue, it'll probably be obvious sarcasm or exaggeration.

When Dr. Artie Neuems first heard about the House, he couldn't resist. A haunted house with lifeless roaming the hallways and a mad Awakener who had ichor for blood? Pah! Almost as ridiculous as those rumors of a snake that was the living embodiment of fear or whatnot. Artie was determined to investigate the house and put those ridiculous urban legends to rest.

He took one last look at his pack. Notebook, check. Pen, check. Awakened torch, check. Everything that he needed was there, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was missing something. After a moment of hesitation, he added a few day's worth of snacks. Sometimes the outskirts of Hallandren had no restaurants.

Artie closed the pack and hefted it onto his shoulders. He grunted with effort. The pack felt heavier than usual. Perhaps it was all of those extra snacks?

Whatever it was, he would deal. Artie took a deep breath and set forwards into the wild unknown.

Inside Artie's pack, a snake settled comfortably on top of several day's worth of food. This would be an interesting trip.

2 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

In this game, I will never present an untruth as truth. If I say something untrue, it'll probably be obvious sarcasm or exaggeration.

In this game as in all of mine, I won't hesitate to lie through my teeth (fingers?) if necessary. :P

I'm gonna try to RP an origin for Quintus soon, I've got an idea budding but don't have time to put it together yet.