Rules Clarifications

• The Eliminator conversion on Omen-discovery is entirely random. It does not favour the person who discovers it.
  • Order of actions generally goes: Protection - Kills - Exploration.
  • House Kill occurs before Exploration occurs.
  • Items are set and cannot change ability.
  • Players can have more than one Role/Inherent Ability (as I am calling them for the sake of this game) at a time.
  • There is only one Action per Cycle per player.
  • The random kill only occurs when there are no Eliminators. Otherwise, the Eliminators need to make the kill.
  • The random kill occurs before any new Eliminators are converted.
  • Omens are announced when discovered.
  • Items which are lost can be rediscovered. Some items can be found in multiples.

Deceased Victims Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties.
  3. Nyali (Shara) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree.
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market.
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure.
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem.
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion.
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure.
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person.
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth.
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance.
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars.
  27. ? (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. ? (JUQ) - TBA
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad.
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent.
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. ? (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.
Edited by Wyrmhero

I'll sign up as Timekeeper. Whether he's called that because he's a Returned or because of his obsession with keeping time, I'll leave you to decide. The petite, top-hatted, trench coat wearing man possesses a diverse collection of watches and clocks from all over the Cosmere. Recently, said collection has grown so large he can't even fit into his tiny Hallandren apartment. Searching for larger quarters to live in, he has stumbled upon an advertisement for the House on the Hill, and is eager to attend the open house.

Edited by Amanuensis

Wonko , Wonko , look st my username .  You may be doctor , but I'm the Doctor :P

That said , I'm not using the Healer for this game, heh. Just going to choose s name that sounds. . . Cool. :P  

Signing up for this game as Frost . 

Please sign me up as Shara, a skeptical real estate agent.

She is looking to buy the house, which she doesn't believe is awakened or haunted, for renovation and resale. She's interested in doing a full walkthrough of the house to find any flaws she can use in haggling with the current owners.

I'd like to join as Yiferien. :) 

Edit- Yiferien, a house maid who got away with murdering her masters and stealing their wealth and properties, and is now looking for a house to buy.  

Edited by Daniyah

25 minutes ago, Doctor12 said:

Wonko , Wonko , look st my username .  You may be doctor , but I'm the Doctor :P

That said , I'm not using the Healer for this game, heh. Just going to choose s name that sounds. . . Cool. :P  

Signing up for this game as Frost . 

I was here first.

:P

Edited by Wonko the Sane

18 minutes ago, Unodus said:

I'd like to sign up too, if that's alright. The names Exion, a gambler.

How longs a turn? A week, a day?

Each Turn is two days long, so both Day and Night are 48 hours. A full Cycle is 4 days, or 96 hours.

1 minute ago, Paranoid King said:

I'm signing up as Rotiart, who's not suspicious at all.

What's the stance on PMs?

PMs are only allowed during the Night Turn by default.

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Will there be a preexisting layout for the House, or will it be randomly generated as we go (like the board game)?

Neither - This is a mafia game inspired by Betrayal, rather than an attempt to turn the board game into a Sanderson-version of itself. There are no 'rooms' to Explore, or anything like that.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Ah, somehow missed a good portion of the rules. Sorry about that. Now that I've read 'em all, a few questions.

1 hour ago, Wyrmhero said:

Event - An Event is a single-time immediate effect that will usually grant some kind of Role to your character. Roles require an Action to use

I notice you used the word usually, here. What happens after Events that don't grant a Role?

• Item - An Item is a physical object which may be single-use, or have multiple charges that allow it to be used a few times. They require an Action to use. Items are reclaimed by the House upon player death. Items can be given away using an Action, one at a time.

If the House reclaims an Item, does that mean it can be found again but a player in the future, or is it lost for good?

• Omen - An Omen is a symbol of fear. When an Omen is discovered, a player has their will subverted by the House, gains a Role and access to the Traitor doc, and their Alignment changes to ‘Traitor’. All Omens grant different Roles depending on what is discovered. Note that the player that is subverted is unconnected to the player who discovers the Omen.

Will it be announced in the write up when an Omen is discovered? Or must we rely on the player who discovers the Omen to announce it?

During the Night Turn, if there are no living Traitors, the House will kill a player at random. Otherwise, the Traitors will have the chance to confer among each other and target a player for death instead using an Action

The wording here seems to imply that no Traitors can act if they make a kill, though I'm assuming you meant only a single player is unable to use their unique abilities / Items. Can you confirm which is correct?

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I notice you used the word usually, here. What happens after Events that don't grant a Role?

If the House reclaims an Item, does that mean it can be found again but a player in the future, or it's lost for good?

Will it be announced in the write up when an Omen is discovered? Or must we rely on the player who discovers the Omen to announce it?

The wording here seems to imply that no Traitors can act if they make a kill, though I'm assuming you meant only a single player is unable to use their unique abilities / Items. Can you confirm which is correct?

In order:

For example, an Event which would not grant an inherent ability would be discovering the Heart of the House. If this is done, then it will be publicly announced.

Items can be found again, yes. There are some items where multiples can be found, as well.

Omens will also be announced, giving a hint as to the flavour of Eliminator that has been created.

This was meant to mean the standard Traitor kill - One player forgoes any other Actions that Cycle in order to use the Traitor kill.

I feel as though it is important to clarify why Moro is at the house.  Moro killed someone who was intending to search the house, having found a ancient map which told of hidden treasures within the house.  Moro believes that there are Type IV Sentient Awakened Objects somewhere in the house, and thinks that he alone can defeat the house, and find them.