Keteks

from the Stormlight Archive  

118 members have voted

1. 1. are keteks really "holy" as stated in the definition or just difficult to create and therefore admirable

2. 2. have you attempted a ketek poem before, if so - what is your opinion of them

• No - if selected please do not select a rating
    • Yes - please select a rating
    • Difficult to construct
    • Awesome
    • Pointless
    • Simple to construct
  3. 3. Which topic do you think is best for a ketek

Hey guys. I need your opinion on these keteks I threw together.

Death

Death comes. Without stopping Death arrives. Now Death, the death now arrived, Death stops without - Come Death!

Diamonds

Beautiful diamonds, the blood of diamonds creates greed - sin to beauty, beauty to sin - greed creates diamonds of blood, the diamonds beautiful.

There you go, I quoted your keteks so people no longer need to download them to read them :)

They are very good, thanks for sharing :D

If you can write a Ketek, then you can write it about whatever you want. Though it can be tough to read. The symmetry of it distracts from reading it as a whole, requiring some thought to find the overall concept of the thing.

that depends entirely on your skill, I'm sure it's possible to write great Ketek's that are understandable.

Mine isn't nearly as amazing as Studier of Keteks', but I'll post it anyway. Also, I sort of failed at being exactly faithful to the Ketek form (especially the complete thoughts part), but here goes:

Soaring eagle/ by binoculars viewed/ rising thermals on, eagle, on thermals rising/ viewed binoculars by/ eagle soaring.

Chachel, your ketek is pretty good. An attempt is far better than nothing. And that was a great attempt.

Thanks, Studier. I definitely don't aspire to be a poet (only to pass the poetry assignment in English) but I really admire people with actual skills! Also, I had multiple people tell me how interesting they thought the form of my poem was and compliment me on coming up with it. So I had to explain its actual origin... haha.

Thanks, Studier. I definitely don't aspire to be a poet (only to pass the poetry assignment in English) but I really admire people with actual skills! Also, I had multiple people tell me how interesting they thought the form of my poem was and compliment me on coming up with it. So I had to explain its actual origin... haha.

great way to brainwash, erm, recruit people to Brandon fandom!

• 4 weeks later...

Keteks should be written about how the Way of Kings is awsome. :D

My attempt on something I'd love to have on a t-shirt:

This text / is an obscure reference / to the beauty of titles / in a book / which title beautifully references an obscure text

And, of course, below it would be a text in small font, explaining, what book it means.

Please correct my grammar if needed. The symmetry is a bit loose but since in a book it was like that ("birthplace" with "birth" etc.) it's probably ok.

And I agree, Szeth is awsome, especially in this illustration here making a facepalm. (Yep, I know, he's just terribly sad. But it looks so much like a facepalm to me...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I thought of one. It's supposed to be about the Nightwatcher:

Blesses to curse-one heart's desire-unknowingly-desiring heart's-one curse to bless

On Szeth:

Bound to honour-forced to madness-breaking-madness to force-honour to bind.

I like those! The second one's my favorite; (for any Wheel of Time people) it reminds me very slightly of the Snakes and Foxes introduction.

I have a new Elantris one:

Within the Spirit, motion halted by death - a city within a city - death halted by motion, the Spirit within

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to try my hand at writing one, and kind of failed at being serious and poetic, so here's one about my cat. It doesn't quite work out perfectly--perhaps I'll try more sometime.

Shadow attacks! She chases all she sees. I watch. I see all she chases: she attacks shadows.

• 2 months later...