Similar behavior-same reasoning?

Davewooll

Question

In secret history we see Inquisitors being dropped into the pool.  Didn't leras say it was meaningless? In my mind this is so similar to what happens in elantris with them also taking people to a pool. Are the two behaviors related and for the same reasons? Any WoBs or speculation?

3 answers to this question

On 11/9/2016 at 1:30 PM, Davewooll said:

In secret history we see Inquisitors being dropped into the pool.  Didn't Leras say it was meaningless?

Are you referring to the Well of Ascension? (I don't remember this scene from SH, but I only read it once)

Anyway if it is the Well, they could be trying to free Ruin like Vin did in WoA. To do that they would have to ascend, and to ascend they would have to remove their spikes, which would kill them on the spot and render the pursuit "meaningless."

8 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Are you referring to the Well of Ascension? (I don't remember this scene from SH, but I only read it once)

Anyway if it is the Well, they could be trying to free Ruin like Vin did in WoA. To do that they would have to ascend, and to ascend they would have to remove their spikes, which would kill them on the spot and render the pursuit "meaningless."

I think he refer to the Inquisitor Kelsier killed. In this night, He died too and reached the Well, after a while the Inquisitors arrive with their brother's corpse. They remove the Spikes and place them into a blodd filled jar and then they dropped the body into the Well