2016-12-01 [Arcanum Unbounded] University Bookstore - Seattle, WA

Wetlander

1 hour ago, Djarskublar said:

Actually, I revise my statement, It couldn't be Scadrial because Warbreaker takes place a while after Mistborn 1, but the scholars were active before that. If I had to guess based on my limited remembrance of the timeline, Nightblood was likely created around the same time as Vin was born.

Ah, no. Warbreaker happened shortly after the first Mistborn trilogy. Nightblood was created three hundred years before WB, or six hundred-ish years before SA 1-5. The Wax and Wayne series happens between SA 1-5 and SA 6-10, so, yeah.

1 hour ago, emailanimal said:

Well, have we seen VenDell and Kelsier in the same room at any moment of time?

Pfft. No, but they're obviously not the same person. C'mon. xD

3 hours ago, Kandra-in-disguise said:

Ah, no. Warbreaker happened shortly after the first Mistborn trilogy. Nightblood was created three hundred years before WB, or six hundred-ish years before SA 1-5. The Wax and Wayne series happens between SA 1-5 and SA 6-10, so, yeah.

I don't think we have any source that specifies the exact timeline for these events. All we know is that Warbreaker is after mistborn era 1 and before stormlight 1-5. It could be pretty shortly before stormlight, rather than 300 years before as you suggest.

15 hours ago, Kandra-in-disguise said:

Sel has probably gone through it by the time that the five scholars were active. Elantris happened like 600 years before Mistborn, and at that time, Sel was already in a Ren/Ref/Age of Exploration (in our world, all those things happened around the same time) era, so it's rather likely they have had an Industrial revolution by Mistborn 1; and probably by the time the Scholars went worldhopping (300 years before Mistborn 1).

Where did we get the times between Elantris and Mistborn ?

PS: I am really unsure about Vasher and his visit to Scadrial pre-Ascension...He is probably too young

1 hour ago, Yata said:

Where did we get the times between Elantris and Mistborn ?

PS: I am really unsure about Vasher and his visit to Scadrial pre-Ascension...He is probably too young

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't that long after...but I'll have to find where the timeline WoBs have gone off to...which will probably take some time (I might just pm you later because I have a lot of work to do right now).

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise

5 hours ago, Kandra-in-disguise said:

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't that long after...but I'll have to find where the timeline WoBs have gone off to...which will probably take some time (I might just pm you later because I have a lot of work to do right now).

Posting would be appreciated since I don't know well enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...