What are cookies?

Cloud Farren

It's a joke that's been around for a few years now, we have a local guild called the Dark Alley where our resident hemalurgists gather and soon after it's creation I made the 'come to the dark side, we have cookies' joke,  which then turned into 'The Dark Alley bakes hemallurgic spikes into cookies' and then some people decided to warn newcomers against cookies and some members of the Dark Alley fought that and now most introduction threads get hijacked into a debate about whether you should or should not accept a cookie.

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

It's a joke that's been around for a few years now, we have a local guild called the Dark Alley where our resident hemalurgists gather and soon after it's creation I made the 'come to the dark side, we have cookies' joke,  which then turned into 'The Dark Alley bakes hemallurgic spikes into cookies' and then some people decided to warn newcomers against cookies and some members of the Dark Alley fought that and now most introduction threads get hijacked into a debate about whether you should or should not accept a cookie.

I believe the origin is much older than the Dark Alley. I believe it started in 2011 with Kerry giving out a lot of cookies to new members and then it got joked around that we spiked people, so much so that when the staff discusses promoting a new member, we call it spiking. So it's in that vein. But it's at least as old as 2011.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I believe the origin is much older than the Dark Alley. I believe it started in 2011 with Kerry giving out a lot of cookies to new members and then it got joked around that we spiked people, so much so that when the staff discusses promoting a new member, we call it spiking. So it's in that vein. But it's at least as old as 2011.

I meant the current trend of intro thread wars but yeah it was ultimately started before my time, I briefly stole it to espouse some theories, to a surprising amount of success and then it was later adopted into the DA, but ultimately cookies may just be an integral part of the Shard and have been here since the beginning.
Now I'm not saying that Chaos, FirstRainbowRose and Rubix are all secretly cookies or purveyors of cookies.
But I'm also not not saying that. :ph34r:

• 2 months later...