Axies

2016-11-05 Eurocon - Barcelona, Spain

12 posts in this topic

On the second video there's a couple of intereseting questions near the end... but not much. 
I'll try to get them after if I have time.

Edited by Axies

I asked two things:

(I'm paraphrasing, you can watch the final part of the video) 

1. Can a KR have a nahel bond with two sprens? He answered me with a RAFO 

2. The spren of truthwatchers are related directly with cultivation or the nightwatcher? He answered that the majority of sprens are a mixture of both shards. But the truthwatchers sprens where related with Cultivation. 

Didn't he already answer the dual bond question? I seem to recall a WoB stating it was possible to have a dual bond, but it would need to be in between orders who's oaths do not contradict one another. 

Somebody else remember this?

I listen to both of them but it was hard to follow due to the translation missing parts. But I love how cool Sanderson is that must of been difficult for him. 

29 minutes ago, maxal said:

Didn't he already answer the dual bond question? I seem to recall a WoB stating it was possible to have a dual bond, but it would need to be in between orders who's oaths do not contradict one another. 

Somebody else remember this?

I do remember him answering with what you state here.

28 minutes ago, WeiryWriter said:

I do remember him answering with what you state here.

Thanks. Do we have any idea why he RAFOed it this time around?

20 minutes ago, maxal said:

Thanks. Do we have any idea why he RAFOed it this time around?

The man does a lot of interviews and answers a lot of questions; I'm sure he can't remember which ones he's RAFOd before and which ones he's answered. This happened with Cultivation a few years back; he gave an early answer that she was alive, and then gave a lot of RAFOs after that. Same with her name, actually - there's one interview right after WoK was published, where someone asks about Cultivation, and Brandon asked them where they got that name from. He had forgotten he had put it in the book! So, I'd just chalk it up to him being human.

2 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

The man does a lot of interviews and answers a lot of questions; I'm sure he can't remember which ones he's RAFOd before and which ones he's answered. This happened with Cultivation a few years back; he gave an early answer that she was alive, and then gave a lot of RAFOs after that. Same with her name, actually - there's one interview right after WoK was published, where someone asks about Cultivation, and Brandon asked them where they got that name from. He had forgotten he had put it in the book! So, I'd just chalk it up to him being human.

Oh thanks. I thought he might have had other reasons for it such as he actually wrote it actually happening in the books :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing this! I love to go to Eurocons. My favourite is still the one in Sweden back in 2011 but it is always fun to be part of this awesome community.