Private Messages

little wilson

While I could just text you about this, Eric, I know a few people have had different questions about PM features and how they've changed since the update, so I figured a topic on the subject would be good.

I use PMs a lot; I have 29 different folders (not counting the inbox and other default folders); and the average for these folders is 32 PMs (the lowest has 1 and the highest has 210 (SE games can get....messy...at times)).

Two of the biggest things I've noticed in the last 4-5 months:

1. It's not possible to mass select PMs in your inbox and move to a new folder. You have to open each PM separately and move it into a different folder. Then, you're redirected to the new folder, where you have to navigate back to the inbox to open a new PM and move it into a different folder.

Would it be possible to mass select and move from the main inbox page? That was a feature with the old platform and I would love it if it were possible here. Really truly. I'm fine with the redirect to the new folder, but it's a hassle when it happens for every PM and you're moving 30 from your inbox to the same folder (which has happened, unfortunately, and will likely happen again in the near future). >>

2. Not counting the inbox, folders only show the first 25 messages in that folder. Now, like I said, I have an average of 32 messages per folder (and most of these folders are things like "SE - LG20", "SE - MR6", etc, so they're already broken down by individual game, which doesn't leave much room to break them down further), so only being able to see the first 25 messages means that any later messages can't be seen in the folder. The only way they can be found is using the search feature. But even that's not a sure thing. I've got a few messages that I know are very, very deep down in the folder with 210 messages in it (which is for a single game), and I know who the users are in those PMs, and I also know what was said in them. But I can't find them, because I can't search by user, and when I search by content, there are too many other PMs that have similar content that appear earlier in the folder, and the search results don't bring up everything. They only give out up to a certain number.

Would it be possible to fix this so all the messages in a folder show up? Or make it so you can search by user? Or both? Both would be great too. :)

I have some other minor nitpicks as well, but they're more aesthetic/organizational things, like perhaps nesting folders or re-ordering. They're not necessary at all even if they would nice. The two above are definitely more of an issue and would be delightful to get fixed. I know a lot of people probably don't use PMs a whole lot, but for those of us who do (mostly SE-ers, but I'm positive there are others as well), it would be really nice to have a little bit more functionality with the inbox, if possible. But I know it's rather dependent on what the platform lets you get away with so if some of this isn't possible, I'll just have to find other ways to do it. Like....creating new folders, breaking some of the games down even more and then moving the PMs to those folders....one...by...one.... :mellow: My fingers are crossed that I won't have to resort to such drastic and potentially insanity-inducing measures. :P