Who wins- David or Obliteration?

Bam

That would really depend on if David could withstand an intense blast of thermal radiation from Obliteration's powers.

I think checkmating Obliteration would be very difficult and without a fully functioning weakness I am not sure there would be another way to beat him as his danger sense is so overpowered. So my money is on a very long fight without a clear winner.

Though throw in Profs force fields and Firefight's space warping and there may be a chance. i.e put one around him without meaning to hurt him. then have gas just fill the space of course use a gas that is nearly instantly fatal, so that even if he teleports away he has already be exposed. ... may need to think on this more.

Considering that David's weakness, even if its effect decreased, is likely water, something terribly mundane and thus easy to discover/exploit, and Obliteration already has a hint towards it thanks to the whole almost drowing David deal, I'd say that Obliteration got an significant advantage here.

Pile on that he uses Megan's weakness as his main form of attack and that getting most of his team killed would likely weaken Prof, I fear that Obliteration might pretty easily kill all three of them once he's on a roll.

Edited by Edgedancer

Is Davids weakness water, drowning, or just being underwater like in the ocean? Because with Steelhearts; profile he no longer can drown so no reason to fear it therefore unless his weakness is more general (water or the depths) David is truly undefeatable. but you are correct.

Spoiler for end of Calamity that applies here.

Spoiler

It is Mizzy's power (unrevealed) that will likely be the key in this battle. If only we know what powers she got.

16 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Considering that David's weakness, even if its effect decreased, is likely water, something terribly mundane and thus easy to discover/exploit, and Obliteration already has a hint towards it thanks to the whole almost drowing David deal, I'd say that Obliteration got an significant advantage here.

Obliterations strange sense of honor might stop him from using that advantage as he wants to keep it a "fair" fight, what's the point of Obliteration challenging him only for him to cheat, when he could well and good have defeated David when he just got his powers.

20 hours ago, Tsidqiyah said:

Hide contents

It is Mizzy's power (unrevealed) that will likely be the key in this battle. If only we know what powers she got.

I agree, Mizzy's power could be catastrophic for Obliteration. Perhaps her powers could cripple him, or maybe her powers are something we haven't seen, like being able to checkmate any epic. 

8 hours ago, Bam said:

I agree, Mizzy's power could be catastrophic for Obliteration. Perhaps her powers could cripple him, or maybe her powers are something we haven't seen, like being able to checkmate any epic. 

If the fight is purely between Obliteration and David, there will be no winner, as they both can avoid harm with ease, and neither seems to know the other's weakness. Obliteration will just endlessly teleport away from attacks and David will be invincible completely.

• 1 year later...

You know what I would do If I was David I would lure Obliteration into water to make him think he could defeat me with my weakness then turn the water to steel trapping Obliteration can't teleport if your legs are stuck in steel. Also at the end of Calamity we see that the weakness doesn't effect them as much if they fully accept their powers.