I have no idea who I am.

I awoke in an alley confused. I didn't have to open my eyes to smell that I was in Ankh Morpork. The fact that someone was rummaging through my pockets helped with my deduction, though. I scrambled to my feet, pushing the surprised thief to the side and running out of the alley into the street. I was in the market district, so I looked for a shop with a reflective window to try and make out my features.

I finally came to one such shop, a "Bargle's Empurium". The wares inside appeared to be hats, if you squinted and tilted your head just so. When I looked up, I couldn't recognize my own face. Sorting through my pockets, I found nothing. If I'd had identifying papers, the thief had stolen them. Well, nothing for it but to assume the best. I strode up the street towards the patrician's palace. Sneaking around to the side of the building, where Johnson's gardens lay, I peered through into the patrician's study. It was empty. Did that mean the patrician was out? Did that mean I was the patrician? The only reasonable thing to do was investigate.

Moving toward the window slowly, I pried it open, brushing aside the powder that had collected on the frame. I carefully crept inside. Could I have been an assassin? I was certainly stealthy enough. Wasn't the patrician an assassin? Might I be the patrician? I decided to just roll with it, moving to the room's only door.

The handle wouldn't turn. Actually, on closer inspection, it wasn't a handle, just a lump of metal. The 'door' was just wood fused to the wall. Why would anyone do this? I was getting a headache. Maybe this was just a dream, and I'd wake up at any moment. I turned back toward the window.

There was a sign below it. "Unfortunately, you are now a prisoner of the patrician. Have a good stay!" I stared at it for a moment, trying to comprehend the sign. I glanced at my fingers. They were covered in a white powder from the window I had pried open. Oops. My headache became overwhelming, and I blacked out.

2 minutes ago, Pestis the Spider said:

I've never played SE, so I'm not going to do anything until I know at least something.

We're mostly not being serious with our votes, because no PMs means we have no idea what's going on. But it's something to do, so...