On 10/13/2016 at 6:25 AM, The Young Bard said:

Order of Actions:

Treasury money given to players

What's the treasury?

Can you send anonymous messages through the post office/clacks?

How does the vote to depose the patrician work? Do only the heads of the guilds vote, or does everyone in each guild vote?

Clacks want to become more popular than the post office, and vice versa. Do they do that by killing everyone on the other team, or is there some other way?

To clarify, the actions everyone can do are "Name an Item", "Trade an item", or "give money/item". Is that correct?

Is the game end condition that post office/clacks deal? Is the game end "Monarch on the throne/all monarchists dead?"

Can clacks members read every message that passes through them?

Does everyone start with items? Does everyone start with some money?

Are there any Witches?

Edited by Paranoid King

Signups end in 5.5 hours everyone! If you want to enter, now's the time!

3 hours ago, Nyali said:

The player list in the OP seems outdated. Are there really only 14 players signed up?

No, I'm updating that now. No, we've got 18 now, I think, though I'm still hoping for about 2 dozen, hopefully :/ It could happen, maybe...

I have some clarifications! (Finally...):

Clarifications and Amendments:

Elbereth (if you can't find the questions/comments, they were on Discord originally. I'll post them if anyone wants to read them.):

1. All factions - with the exception of the Monarchist, attempt to control the lynch, or be the only faction remaining with players that don't have a survive win con.
  2. The Monarchists are unrelated to that goal. The Monarchists must make sure the Monarch is elected as Patrician. If the Monarch isn't elected as Patrician, or the Monarch dies, the Monarchists are still able to complete the goal as part of a Guild, the Watch or the Unseen University.
  3. Each faction has a doc together, with the exception of the Monarchists.
  4. Guild Leaders can either survive or complete their faction win con - they don’t need to accomplish both. The same applies to the Monarchists. Amendment: Guild Leaders who are also Monarchists will no longer receive a survive alternate win con, only their faction and survive win cons.
  5. In the Guilds Doc, you have the Assassins Guild Leader, the Thieves Guild Leader, and the Patrician.
  6. PM's can't be edited once sent, except to clarify to the GM whether it was meant to be a Post Office or Clacks message. If it's a typo or something, then I don't really mind, but don't post any addendums or new information in an edit, or change any information you have there.
  7. Players aren't allowed to use RL/OOG evidence to prove their identity, including
  1. Amendment: Monarchists will be told who 1 of their fellows are in their GM PM. The Monarchist counts as one of their fellows.

Amendment: If a Monarchist becomes Patrician, they lose their Monarchist win con.

Paranoid King

1. OK, I apologize that the GM is addle-brained - I thought I'd edited that out, that's something from an earlier draft. I've removed that line from the Order of Actions.
  2. You can't send anonymous messages through the Post Office/Clacks, no.
  3. Only the Heads of Guilds vote to depose the Patrician. Amendment: The Head of the Unseen University and the Captain of the Night's Watch, as honorary figures of society, are permitted to vote to depose the Patrician.
  4. Killing the other team will help, certainly. Killing the Post Office Master and Clacks Master will also handicap the other team.
  5. Everyone can perform those tasks, yes. You can also
  6. The Post Office/Clacks deal will only directly affect the Post Office Master and Clacks Master's win con directly. However, it will indirectly affect peoples win cons, because more money will allow people to trade more, pay the Assassin's Guild, etc. The game will end either when the Monarchist becomes Patrician, when a faction is able to control the lynch, or when there is only one faction left who doesn't have a player with a survive win con.
  7. Every clacks message will get read by a Clacks Member, not all of them. Which messages are given to which Clacks Member is decided randomly. Where the number of messages is not evenly divisible by the number of Clacks members, some will receive an extra message than others.
  8. I'll PAFO that, I think.
  9. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of a way to fit them in to the storyline, as this is an Ankh-Morpork game. Sorry.

Pestis:

1. That is correct. Amendment: CMOT Dibbler can now sell 2 buns a Cycle instead of one.
  2. That is correct.
  3. You are theoretically allowed to share anything you want, however, directly quoting from the GM PM is forbidden (you're allowed to paraphrase). The same generally goes for PM's with other players, but that's more a matter of SE etiquette than a rule. And yes, you can lie about anything you want.
  4. One doc for each of the 4 main factions (Assassins' Guild, Thieves' Guild, Unseen University, and the Night Watch), plus the Guild's Doc, which will have the Head of the Assassins' Guild, Head of the Thieves' Guild, and the Patrician.
  5. Based off something in the books - people can gain immunity from being thieved on a particular cycle by paying a tax of 20% of your coins to the Thieves Guild instead.
  6. My mistake. Sorry. Amendment: The Pickpocket now will only steal money, but may do so from 2 targets instead of 1.
  7. Amendment: Captain Vimes is now known as Sam Vimes. Sam Vimes is immune to one action each cycle, selected randomly. Captain of the Watch is leader of the Night's Watch. They may be any member of the Night's Watch, whether or not that is Sam Vimes. (In the books, they are the same person, but I've changed that for a more balanced game.) And… immune to all actions? I… may have been delirious when I wrote that, because that is OP (though technically he could still be lynched, but…)
  8. Monarchists do not begin the game knowing who the Monarchist is.
  9. Uhhh… :P My mistake.

That's all right. I made so many errors typing that up… Wow. I seriously need to learn to proofread.

Amendment: To depose a Guild Leader or the Patrician, you will now vote at the bottom of the doc in a pre-allocated area instead of in red/green in the doc, in case anyone wants to pick those colours as their Doc colour.

Amendment: I am changing all the coins by a factor of 10. So, what was marked as 2 pennies, is now 20, etc.

Amendment: I've changed some of the Guild Doc Rules. In addition to the regular rules, the Captain of the Night's Watch, as someone who provides a guard for these members, may see the Doc but not post. The Leader of the Unseen University may post a message to the Guilds Doc once every turn through the GM, but may not see the Doc.

53 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I apologize, but between DM'ing/Narrating two different Tabletop RPG's, and playing in two others in RL, Not to mention school, I'm not going to have time to play.

I'm dropping out. Sorry.

That's all right - you sound really busy. I won't hold it against you. :P Much...

Note: There was a discrepancy between the timer ending time and the signups ending time for rollover. To prevent confusion, I am extending the signups ending time (and the game starting time) by one hour, so the timer is now correct.

Sorry for the lateness of the signing up. 

I'm in as Elsen, a constantly irritated secretary. 

Note: I will not be RPing this game, nor will I be anywhere near as active as usual. :( I won't be actually inactive, but I'd like to limit myself to about a post a day if possible for me. :P I shouldn't really be playing at all, but... I think it'll be worth it. :) See you all after the game begins! (Long after. Like, twelve hours after. I'm planning on sleeping in. :P)

14 minutes ago, luckat said:

I've decided I do have time to play, so I'll sign up as Luna. I've been having computer problems though, so I might be stuck on mobile. Sorry about signing up so late. 

That's all right. I'm not going to turn down a player - I have few enough. :P I haven't done the randomizations of players yet, so it's all good.

Signups are now closed! The game should begin in about an hour (possibly a bit more, depending on how long it takes.)

EDIT: Note: Please do not start posting messages to other players until the game has begun.

EDIT: It's been an hour, and I'm not ready yet. Sorry everyone. Expect it in about 45 minutes.

Edited by The Young Bard

To everyone who hasn't received a PM yet, you should receive it in the next 20 minutes or so. Sorry for the delay.[/color=blue]

There are three things a politician must never do. This is a well known fact. The first one, as has been laid out since the dawn of time, and passed down with meticulous care, is to never tell the truth.* And, for the most part, this ancient law is followed.

So when the Patrician claimed they were retiring, it barely caused a stir. Patricians, traditionally, only ever retired one way, and it involved their head on top of a spike. At first, they believed this was a scheme, a way for the Patrician to achieve their own ends and goals. Then they though it was a practical joke, a jape designed to amuse them. Finally, they thought the Patrician had somehow gone insane - not that that was anything to be ashamed of, mind, for insanity was a great thing to have - it provided more entertainment for all involved.** Finally, it dawned on them - what if the Patrician was telling the truth.

The whispers spread around. Surely it couldn't be true... Could he not simply be mad? He is mad, but this is unreasonable... Why could he not just sacrifice a few people in a pagan ritual every now and again? All this truth-telling business gives me the shivers... What do we do now?

What do we do now?

As the whispers were spread around,*** more and more people flocked to the palace, demanding an explanation. Why on the Disc would someone do such a heinous thing. All were blocked at the gates by the Patrician's Guards.

Except one.

Silently, they crept in. Minutes past, and they crept out again, silent as a shadow^, unnoticed by all, even the Gods up on Cori Celesti, who were particularly enraptured in a debate about whether godhood gives them the theological right to perform practical jokes on their followers.

And when the Patrician was next seen in the morning, he was dead.

Balance was restored, and the world once again was returned to its constant soothing state of civil war, as the factions saw their chance for power.

*Of course, this in general has made it virtually impossible to determine what the second and third things a politician must never do actually are, because they'll invariably lie.
**Some claimed otherwise, but they were genuinely pre-emptively tortured in order to maximise enjoyment for all.
***Whispers, generally, are best thinly spread, mixed with lies and a touch of paranoia.
^Shadows are frequently criticized as an imprecise measurement by literary figures. Shadows are known to make more or less sound, depending on the Shadow. Generally, however, shadows that make noise are rightly seen as a sign of your impending doom, so most people choose  

Joe has died! They were the Patrician! Dalinar Kholin has been elected the new Patrician!

Day 1 has begun, and will end at 6:00PM AEST.

blu_1477206000.png

One final note - the role of Rincewind was added to the rules at the last minute - all actions that target Rincewind have a 20% chance of failing.

A quick reminder - only Clacks messages are available during the Day. If you wish for a cheaper, private, Post Office Message, you must wait for the Night Turn.

Player List:

1. Wonko the Sane

2.Seonid

3. Nyali - Grandma Nyawax

4. The_Lady_of_Chaos

5. Phattemer - Sergeant Jacksum

6. Magestar

7. Paranoid King

8. Burnt Spaghetti

9. Pestis the Spider

10. Stink

11. Aonar