Aftermath (The Devil’s Den)

It had been a full week since Wilson and Quillion had finished off the rest of the Crew. Seran and Vron were the last two to die. When Windrunner and Aether had found their bodies tangled together and mutilated, they ran. Evidently, they were more afraid of the Spiked than of the poison coursing through their veins.

Wilson slammed he fist onto the bar. “Seven days we’ve had this place all to ourselves and we still can’t find Modeft’s bloody antidote! We’ve torn the place apart and still nothing!”

“Quite,” Quillion calmly stated. “I even managed to pry up the metal sheeting in Herwynbe’s underground lair. Perhaps this is what Modeft had in mind all along? No one was supposed to survive, but the lie of a cure is what was needed to motivate them?”

“Possibly, but you’ve heard the stories they told about him. If he could pull off even half the stuff that’s been attributed to him, something like this would probably be incredibly simple.

No, it’s got to be here somewhere. What’s left to check?”

Quillion scanned the room. There were holes in the floor, ceiling, and every wall. They had drilled through the support beams to the point of almost making the entire building collapse. Half of the bar had been torn apart and almost every table and chair were kindling.

The cellar was a mess. Just today, they had finally grown desperate enough to break open every cask and barrel down there. It was a waste of alcohol and possible profit for them, but they had to be sure. The water with the delaying agent was almost out.

Qullion shrugged. “I suppose he could have hidden it somewhere else?”

“But then how would he posthumously get it to the Crew?”

Again Quillion shrugged. “The only other possibility is that it is hidden from our eyes only. That only someone that is not Spiked could find it.”

“That stinks of mysticism.”

“It is the only answer we have left, I think. It seems that we are defeated, even though we were victorious.”

“Bah!” Wilson shouted, stomping through the bar and kicking at the remains of their search. “I hate that Modeft! I wish Cessie hadn’t killed him just so I could kill him! I’d strangle the location out of him! I’d beat him until he told me! I’d kick him so hard, his decendents would still show the mark!”

She punctuated the last bit with a strong kick in the side of the water barrel with the delaying agent. Quillion winced, but breathed a sigh of relief when it cracked, but didn’t break. The barrel settled back down and Quillion was about to try to calm Wilson out of her triad when he heard something thumping the side of the water barrel from the inside.

Could it be? He thought. He caught Wilson’s eye and they both just stood there, barely willing to allow themselves to hope. The one thing he knew we wouldn’t destroy. Could he really have been so clever?

They both burst into action at the same time. They ripped off the top of the water barrel and with bated breath peered inside.

There, floating in the dredges of the tank, tied to the bottom, was a small bottle.

“So very, very clever,” Quillion whispered as he reached inside to almost reverently pull the antidote out. “Looks like we’ll survive after all.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game 2 is done! Good Game everyone and congrats to the Spiked for winning two in a row (we’re going to have to break that record next game)! It really was very close. As usual, here are all of the Docs that were used in the game:

Master Doc

Day/Night Spreadsheet

All Thieves Go to Heaven (Dead Doc)

The Steel Ministry (Spiked Doc)

The Secret Hideout (The Doc for those who arrived too late to sign up)

I plan to keep this up for maybe a day or two before merging it in with the rest, so feel free to discuss the game and everything! Of course, be nice and while trash talking is acceptable, please be careful not to actually offend anyone with it! Keep it lighthearted, okay?

Good job, Spiked. I read through parts of the Spiked doc and I won't be reading it all but you people are devious, and I have to especially compliment Wilson, dang! I'm being careful around you now. ;)

:D

Personally, I think most of the Spiked doc is hilarious. But that's probably because I participated in it. However, I can't blame you for not wanting to read it. It's 75k words. That's insane. We are a very talkative bunch.

Yeah, I'm glad I got into the dead doc when I did and even then, it took forever to read it all. I sometimes wish (but not really) that I'd die early just so I could keep up on it. But don't take that as a sign that I want to die. I don't actually want to be killed early on.

To be completely honest, Cessie and I both didn't want to kill you. Or Hero. We actually wanted to convert you, but then when it came down to choosing which emotional allomancer to kill and which one to convert, killing you and converting Gamma just made more sense. And Hero being the Tineye made it impossible to convert him. However, he definitely is Honorary Spiked this game. Hands down. He helped us so much. (Thanks, Hero! :))

EDIT: I'm reading through the dead doc right now, and I just came across Swimmingly's request to have symbolism happen in any post where his corpse's convert acts....So now I must go back to look at the write-ups. I need to see what I missed happening while I was there shooting people full of coins....

Heh. Yeah.

If anybody actually does read through all (or even most) of that Spiked Doc, you deserve an upvote or two. Some parts are pretty hilarious, though. (Like when they all got to watch me fail miserably at typing drunk a few nights...)

Good game everybody, though. Wes definitely did a fantastic job with his Coinshot ability and almost had the Spiked on the ropes.
It was a shame that the Spiked did basically only win because of in-actives, though. I do hope that's not deterrent for future games of this size and scope or anything. Because there was definitely a large lull by the end of the game (even in both Docs). But I'm excited for this next game though.

Yeah, congratulations to Wes and Vron. Your Coinshots and deductions had me really, really worried towards the end. I'd like to say I was soooo trustworthy that I guided votes around, but on the last day we won because we could force a deadlock. If Windy or Aether had been voting, we probably would have lost, so...

Exciting game.

Well played to both sides. It came very close at the end there. Particular mentions should go to Awesomeness for his late-game spiked killing and to Princess for her very successful early to mid-game inquisitor play.

Yeah I don't really feel that I was particularly part of either side, I mean getting coinshotted by a crewmember on the first night made me less disposed toward the crew afterall : P

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I just looked over the documents very quickly. I thought I was pretty good at keeping a low cover, but I was so suspected. I'm not really good at playing the game (which is why I tried to do more of the RP elements), so even though I last right to the end, credit for the victory really needs to go to Wilson, Aonar and Gammon.

Cessie was very convincing at covering her trail; until I went to the Spiked thread, I didn't suspect her of it at all.

I don't know about the other Spiked members, but Wes targetting us (and him and Vron naming all of us as suspects) actually had me in full-out panic mode towards the end. I was so convinced I was going to sign on and find a vote from Windy or Aether turning the tide against us; the fact that we had a lot of non-voting players did help a bit towards the end.

And, since I saw Joe's comment in the thread... elaborate role-playing and trying to get discussions started was all part of my plan ; ) I mean, I was doing them before I got spiked, so I figured I had to keep them up afterwards... I actually feel a little guilty, if my roleplays seemed like I was trying to make myself seem innocent. It seems underhanded (which is the point of the game, but still...). I did try to make the ones after I was spiked a little more ambiguous in hindsight though- references to 'other thoughts' (Ruin), and I literally spiked my own character towards the end with a cane lol  

To be completely honest, Cessie and I both didn't want to kill you. Or Hero. We actually wanted to convert you, but then when it came down to choosing which emotional allomancer to kill and which one to convert, killing you and converting Gamma just made more sense. And Hero being the Tineye made it impossible to convert him. However, he definitely is Honorary Spiked this game. Hands down. He helped us so much. (Thanks, Hero! :))

EDIT: I'm reading through the dead doc right now, and I just came across Swimmingly's request to have symbolism happen in any post where his corpse's convert acts....So now I must go back to look at the write-ups. I need to see what I missed happening while I was there shooting people full of coins....

Yeah, while I was alive I pretty much did all the spiked's work for them. *facepalm* And just because this is so awesomely bad, here is the very first PM of the game I sent. It's recipient was, of course, Cessie.

"Hello! While it's still early in the game, I like to start building alliances early. I find it helps increase the odds of surviving the game, as long as it doesn't grow too big and accidentally include an inquisitor/traitor. (I realize that there is a small chance that YOU are the inquisitor, but I'll take that chance. ;) ) How would you like to enter into one with me?

As a gesture of goodwill, and as a bit of evidence that I am not a bad guy, I would like to reveal that I am the Tineye (or at least, ONE of them, if there are more). There is not much I can do to prove this at the moment, but I left hints in my recent post, by including references to all 5 senses: Smell, hearing, seeing, tasting, and touching. "

Wow. I mean, just wow Herowannabe. Oh well.

Also, I'm on my phone now, but I'll post the secrets of all my Tineye messages when I get home tonight.

Edited by Herowannabe

However, he definitely is Honorary Spiked this game. Hands down. He helped us so much. (Thanks, Hero! :))

I am very offend! ;) I think I should be the honorary spiked. I got you the intel advantage. you need to give my your boots now.

Yes peng and hero, you two made a good tag team :) that pm is priceless hero.

Despite the praise that was given for taking out spiked, I made a huge mistake coining Aonar over Wilson. I was convinced Wilson was the coinshot but I also was sure Aonar was lurcher so would negate any attacks on her until I took him out first. If I'd have really crunched the numbers I'd have realized that our only chance of winning was to assume there was no lurcher and eliminate Wilson. Just so many variables in the game to consider which I guess is what makes it fun

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

I am very offend! ;) I think I should be the honorary spiked. I got you the intel advantage. you need to give my your boots now.

Ya know, I wouldn't have any issues with making you honorary spiked or giving you my boots (which I'm entirely certain wouldn't fit you)...the only problem is that I had to go after you 3 nights in a row (3 nights!!!) before you finally gave up the ghost. If you really wanted to help us so much, you would've died that first night I attacked... ;)

And now the moment you've all been waiting for. Here are all the Tin Messages I posted, along with their hidden meanings. I'm putting the meanings in Spoiler tags, just so that they don't clutter up the thread TOO much.

Tin Message #1

Mistress DEATH lurks 

Here among us

Thy WANTS now are 

Naught but distrust

It has behooved  

Peng the Mistborn

To find poor Lam 

And leave him torn

VENGEANCE is sought

For blood we thirst

May we find her

'Fore we die FIRST

Two things hidden in this one:

First, I told Peng I would put his Coinshot target in the Tin Message to prove to the group that he was the Mistborn, which I did (he targeted Lam).

Second, to confirm to Peng and a few others that I was in fact the tineye, I took my username, broke it up and put it in the first few lines of the poem.

“Mistress DEATH lurks 

Here among us

Thy WANTS now are 

Naught but distrust

It has behooved”

Everything else you might have seen in there is misdirection, fluff, and red herrings. ;)

Edited by Herowannabe

Tin Message #2

"Lead us, O Mistborn" we said

I do it because I’m Awesome.

He told us Wes should be dead

Short for A. Wesomeness Summoned, the Third.

It left us confused

the Emoti-quisitor

And some refused

With a rope!

And Shimbles was hung, instead

Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

This one I don’t think anyone caught on to, or at least if they did they didn’t say anything about it in the public thread. But, in the style of Lord Claincy Ffnord, I hid text in white in between each of the lines. Go ahead, highlight the text, it’s still there.

Peng asked me to put a quote from his sig in there to further confirm to him that I was still a Tineye, which I did (the first hidden line). Rolling with that as a theme, I chose to include quotes from Wes (the second, although, he didn’t have a sig, so I made a play on words on his name instead), Alvron (the fourth), and myself (the third). Each of the players named tie in to the visible line of the poem above it. For example, Peng’s decision to kill Wes confused me, and Vron was vocal in refusing to go along with it.

The last hidden line of text is a quote from Star Wars episode IV, just because it fit so well.

Everything else you might have seen in there is misdirection, fluff, and red herrings. ;)

Tin Message #3

25 Crew Members jumping on the bed

2 are traitors with spikes in the head

8 votes for the Doctor now the Doctor's dead

23 Crew Members with hands blood red

I posted this one the night after we killed Digits, so in homage to him I gave it a numbers theme and a reference to him as the Doctor. However, nobody seemed to pick up on the fact that the numbers in the list don’t quite work out right. Yes we had 25 members left at the time, and two of them were spiked, but 11 people voted for Digits (if I remember correctly) and why would 23 crew members have red hands?

The numbers are actually references to letters in the alphabet

25 = Y

2 = B

8 = H

23 = W

This time, the words that were colored or marked differently were not at random. If you count up the numbers in each of the different sections you get:

18 = R

14 = N

5 = E

5 = E

Mix up all those letters and you get “HERWYNBE.” I did that so that if I needed to I had further proof to anyone who doubted me that I was, in fact, the Tineye.

Tin Message #4

Forever writing,

The Tineye harries

Dyring

Harrying the Tineye,

Written forever.

This one is, of course, a Ketek, from Way of Kings. At this point I mostly wanted to have fun with Dyring and taunt him a little bit. (BTW: thanks Meta and Dyring for pushing the write-ups in that direction, it was a lot of fun).

The only thing hidden in this was a vague finger pointing to me as the Tineye. As the poem says, the Tineye was harrying Dyring (by writing messages on his walls at night) and Dyring was, in turn, harrying the Tineye. At the time I was one of the ones that Dyring had publicly suspected of being the Inquisitor, and he was public accusing our Alliance of 7.

Tin Message #5
.: ˙:˙.. ˙...˙ :˙..˙ ˙:˙˙. .˙.:: ˙.  |
|______________________________________|

This message was written in the Artisan’s script from Warbreaker, where every different colored dot represents a different sound. Or at least, that’s what I wanted people to think it was. ;) It’s actually a message written in Braille. But, to make it work, I had to write it sideways. If you rotate the whole thing 90 degrees to the right, this is what you get:
post-9191-0-38397300-1394077423_thumb.pn

(although now that I look at it, there is one small typo. I actually spelled “IIE” instead of “DIE.” Oops!) The meaning is pretty obvious. At the time I suspected that the inquisitor was going to kill me next. She didn’t though. Oh well.

Edited by Herowannabe