English to High Imperial/Eastern Street Slang translator

Richard Kopelow

• 1 year later...

Also "I wanted to do that." should be "Wasing the wanting of doing the thing", however it returns "Wasing of the wanting of do that."

it really is quite amazing what you're doing, I don't intend to be insulting by pointing these things out, I merely want to improve it. And with the previous comment about "wanting" I believe it was used in place of "need" such as in a distress call in... was it alloy of law? where it said something along the lines of "wanting the assistance" (it wasn't that specifically) but it was a distress call that could be viewed as "I/We need help!" so... I'm guessing that a lot of what it is would be overly simplifying the language. I'm not sure if they would still do that with High Imperialism, but at least on the Eastern Street Slang part a good idea would be setting up proper conjugation charts for certain words, then creating lists of words that would become the word in question. Just an idea, though I feel that the sheer volume of a task like that would make this something of an open-source, or at least something that should be put further into the community for aid. Perhaps a link on the high imperialism page including a link to somewhere improvements/grammatical stuff/synonym lists and the like can be sent to be incorporated?

Thanks for the feedback!

I based it off of the coppermind page rule set at the bottom (it's grown and changed since I made the translator): https://coppermind.net/wiki/High_Imperial

The project is open source: https://github.com/richardkopelow/HighImperialTranslator/blob/master/app/js/translation.js

A word translation and conjugation table is a good idea. It also need a better method of trimming out English words that just shouldn't get passed through at all like "do that". The current algorithm is basically Tense+subject+verb+"the rest of the sentence verbatim", and put garbage connecting words in between each part. Since someone is interested I'll find some time to take another pass at this. If you're a programmer, pull request are very welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, Richard Kopelow said:

Thanks for the feedback!

I based it off of the coppermind page rule set at the bottom (it's grown and changed since I made the translator): https://coppermind.net/wiki/High_Imperial

The project is open source: https://github.com/richardkopelow/HighImperialTranslator/blob/master/app/js/translation.js

A word translation and conjugation table is a good idea. It also need a better method of trimming out English words that just shouldn't get passed through at all like "do that". The current algorithm is basically Tense+subject+verb+"the rest of the sentence verbatim", and put garbage connecting words in between each part. Since someone is interested I'll find some time to take another pass at this. If you're a programmer, pull request are very welcome.

I have done some programming (unfortunately its been rather isolated, not much that has been general to build skill in diving into unfamiliar things), but I do not recognize the language you are programming in. I also have a lot going on right now (school, FRC (robotics, we're going to worlds! ^_^), AP classes, etc) so I don't think that I'm going to get much of a chance to look at it in a while. This is probably my first free evening excluding weekends for 3 weeks, and including weekends... well, I typically just play video games friday to wind-down so I could work on it then, but I have projects... etc etc. Its .js so I would assume java script. I will look into it if I find enough time to. 

• 11 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic