Vivenna on Roshar

Lord_of_Awesome

8 minutes ago, Darkness said:

@YataThat's a gem ;) but couldn't he also be talking about Khriss? If she had been on Roshar around that time?

Khriss is much younger and to be honest we never see her on Roshar in SA.

Hoid is quite 10000 years old in SA(he was alive in the Shattering). Khriss is an average human of a Major Shardworld born after that a Shard invested in her world...I think He see all the post-Shattering people as young. Much more, as far as we know...Hoid and Khriss get along quite well.

EDIT: I check a bit the timeline for better dates. Khriss is probably 1000 or less years old

Edited by Yata

17 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Ah yes! You're absolutely right :) I was confusing cosmere-knowledgeable with age... that was silly of me haha.

How do you know they get along well? Is that a personalized note somewhere? I couldn't find it with any search on Khriss.

I don't remember the source, but somewhere Brandon described Khriss's role as Brooker of Informations for many goups.

If the 17th Shard needs Knowledge she is among their resources, if Hoid needs Knowledge She is among his resources. (probably the wording isn't precise, but the content is quite right)

On 10/8/2016 at 10:46 AM, bleeder said:

Are we sure that Vasher-as-Zahel on Roshar is chronologically after the events of Warbreaker?

As others have mentioned, we do know. We also know that Vasher had been there before creating Nightblood (there was a fairly recent -- maybe this year -- WoB on it). I thought Brandon mentioned Vasher was on Roshar for either Nightblood, because Stormlight is much easier to obtain than breaths, or both. Though those could have been generic/avoid spoilers type answers.

On 10/8/2016 at 4:54 PM, Chull #445 said:

Warbreaker 2 happened to Edgli.

That would certainly be interesting! If we are really lucky, Arcanum Unbounded will have some new hints in it as to the current status of Nalthis, Taldain, etc.

2 hours ago, Argel said:

I thought Brandon mentioned Vasher was on Roshar for either Nightblood, because Stormlight is much easier to obtain than breaths, or both.

I think he has said that it's because Stormlight is easier to get.

I think the most interesting situation would be if Vasher has no idea Nightblood is on the planet, though.

7 hours ago, Eki said:

I think he has said that it's because Stormlight is easier to get.

I think the most interesting situation would be if Vasher has no idea Nightblood is on the planet, though.

INTERVIEW: Mar 29th, 2014

QUESTION

Does Vasher want Nightblood back?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Vasher feels responsible for Nightblood.

Pretty definitive, if you ask me. Although I do agree it would make an interesting plot twist, I just don't see how that's possible.

Unless...

Maybe Vivenna took Nightblood from Vasher, and went to Roshar to hide from him, but she somehow LOST Nightblood, and the reason Vasher is on Roshar is (besides the reason of Stormlight) that he's searching for Vivenna, and by extension, Nightblood.

PLOT TWIST CONCOCTED!!!

Edit: D'OH! I found a WoB on why Nightblood is separate in the first place. It kills my theory.

RURO272

Any hint on how Nin got a hold of Nightblood, or how Vasher lost Nightblood?

BRANDON SANDERSON

"Vasher and Nightblood had something of a falling out..."

FOOTNOTE

This is a direct quote since it is written in my book. Not all that interesting, but I think the important implication here is that Nightblood was not "stolen" without Vasher's knowledge, they had a "falling out".

Edited by Lord_of_Awesome
D'oh!

• 11 months later...
On 28/09/2016 at 5:01 AM, BrightVoid said:

This theory has been proposed before, however it is proven incorrect by Dalinar's pre-released chapter online, where the descriptions of his wife to be are completely different than the descriptions of Vivenna.

Except for the fact that I'm the epilogue of Warbreaker Vasher explains how changing appearances is possible ;) just like how Basher Vasher himself did 

2 hours ago, Xero stormz said:

Except for the fact that I'm the epilogue of Warbreaker Vasher explains how changing appearances is possible ;) just like how Basher Vasher himself did 

Dalinar is an high class noble, I didn't read the OB's material about his wife but she has to be an high rank or with really powerful connections (not "Connections"). I think it's hard for a foreign worldhopper to fake this type of things

Much more if She is Dalinar's wife this would meant that Adolin and Renarin have a bit of Returned in them too and this would be a plot issue as it can't be used for the plot as Warbreaker is not part of the SA but neither it could not be ignored by beings with an intuitive Realmatic Knowledge (the Spren will feel this oddity in them)

Vivenna's Returned blood allows her to change her age, according to the Warbreaker annotations. She's likely become immortal from that. Diseases may get her, but a sizable amount of Breath should give enough protection. Denth mentioned that Lemex's 300 Breath made him effectively immune to disease, and that it took a lot of poison to kill him.

Edited by ForcesOfNoodles

On 2016-09-28 at 4:01 AM, BrightVoid said:

This theory has been proposed before, however it is proven incorrect by Dalinar's pre-released chapter online, where the descriptions of his wife to be are completely different than the descriptions of Vivenna.

Lady can change her appearance though (and a lot more then she did in Warbreaker). Likely, she didn't as she has no reason to, but still. My guess would be that Vivenna would be off studying magic somewhere, and not skinny-dipping on living islands somewhere on Roshar. 

Edited by teknopathetic

• 5 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic