Thaylen script?

Sarevok

I've noticed there is no page for Thaylen script, even though it's been mostly figured out. Is there a reason for that, or was there just no one to get around to it yet? It's someone annoying to have to dig up an old thread everytime I want to check something about it.

(I'm aware this may be a noob question, but a search didn't give any answers :( )

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, there really isn't a page for that. I half-expected to find it on the Thaylenah page but it's not there either. I guess nobody's thought about it. Good catch! You can create one, if you want. Looks like you have it pretty figured out. (If you need help starting something, http://coppermind.net/wiki/Help:Contents)

Oh, sorry I meant to respond to this earlier. The reason there isn't currently a page for the Thaylen script is part I just haven't gotten around to it yet and part not having a good way of presenting the information yet. Go ahead and make a page for it if you feel so inclined, it's probably best for that information to be on the wiki in some form or another.

I might have a look at that if the night shifts two weeks from now turn out to be boring. I probably won't be much, though, considering I've never done that sort of thing before.

On 3-10-2016 at 6:10 PM, Brightness Enna said:

Huh, there really isn't a page for that. I half-expected to find it on the Thaylenah page but it's not there either. I guess nobody's thought about it. Good catch! You can create one, if you want. Looks like you have it pretty figured out. (If you need help starting something, http://coppermind.net/wiki/Help:Contents)

For the record: I haven't figured all of that out, it was a bunch of different people and their work is just awesome. Making a wiki page based on their work sorta feels like stealing their thunder. :/

23 minutes ago, Sarevok said:

I might have a look at that if the night shifts two weeks from now turn out to be boring. I probably won't be much, though, considering I've never done that sort of thing before.

For the record: I haven't figured all of that out, it was a bunch of different people and their work is just awesome. Making a wiki page based on their work sorta feels like stealing their thunder. :/

Oh, I understood that you didn't "figure that out", as you said. When I said you had it pretty well in hand, I was referring to your statement that you have looked up these things multiple times and seem to have use for them. 

I think it would be totally fine to create a wiki about Thaylen script, and have information sourced in that thread. We're an open community, honestly. However, if you are worried about "stealing their thunder", as you said, you could probably contribute to the thread, or message a single person, asking if it would be okay to create the article. 

If the Coppermind really is missing that article, it needs to be added in one way or another. If you don't feel comfortable using somebody else's thoughts, you could write a small page telling what is strictly canon. Sooner or later, somebody may come around and edit your work to add in the speculation part. (The women's script page has something similar going on.)

No matter what you choose, good luck! :)

• 2 months later...

Alright, I got it started. Article is "Thaylen script". I used the "women's script" article for structure. A few comments:

1. Is that a good title? Does it have a name in the text? Maybe should just be "Thaylen"?

2. It needs a copy of the Southern Frost land's map, I think. And the translation sheet, in the empty section?

3. Needs lots of citation! Both to the book and the work done by decoders. Not sure if that was just Harakake or if others helped?

4. Will need to consider other places that link to this page. At least need it referenced on the Thaylenah page. Probably could also use more content. I just hit on the basics.

Edited by jofwu