Food. Food. Food. And spreads

Darkness Ascendant

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Are you making stir-fry? 

I have (defrosting) frozen shwarma I'm gonna heat up and I was gonna make rice to go with it. No veggies because I need to go shopping don't judge me :P :rolleyes:

Edit: wait I have a can of carrots and peas but I'm not actually sure that helps this situation. 

Edited by Deliiiiiightful

10 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Probably not. :P

I bought them when I was feeling sick and not thinking clearly and I was like "vegetables!" I question if they actually have any nutritional value at all. 

Edit: Dang I forgot my one meat fork went for a walk. Looks like I'm eating shwarma and rice with a spoon.

I can function! I am adult! :P:P:P:P:P

Edited by Deliiiiiightful

• 1 month later...
Just now, Oversleep said:

I had the same reaction: "nice, nice, nice... rice?"

Potatoes and rice do not belong together. Period.

Yeah. Two starches not only on one plate, but in one dish? That's just too much. 

Now, ham, or sausage, or maybe some ground beef. That would make the dish Silverblade mentioned sing. 

10 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Yeah. Two starches not only on one plate, but in one dish? That's just too much. 

Now, ham, or sausage, or maybe some ground beef. That would make the dish Silverblade mentioned sing. 

That would be like chilli con carne. Actually, I think it would be.

14 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Honestly? I though it sounded pretty good. :huh:

Though, since "carbivore" would be a more apt description for me than "vegetarian", this doesn't particularly surprise me. :P 

Seriously? You guys don't believe in potatoes with rice? 

Ya'll need to eat some delicious SEA curries. 

Had a lovely Malaysian curry last week - actually had three lovely Malaysian curries last week, lamb beef and chicken. The lamb and chicken both had potatoes in the curry, and of course I ate them over rice. 

And it was delicious. 

If I have both pudding and cheese sticks or squares or something, I tear up the cheese and mix it into the pudding. It tastes really good.

When I use condoments, most of the time, depending on the food, I mix ketchup and mustard together. 

My dad makes this dish that we call chicken dorito casserole, or chippy cheesy chicken-y casserole (ccc casserole). Pretty much, it's Doritos, with a layer of cheese on top of it, then shredded chicken (with some sauce I don't know), then repeat 2-3 times. Then add cheese on top. It's usually pretty good, but tonight (technically last night now) my dad put way too much salt in it.

1 hour ago, Erunion said:

Seriously? You guys don't believe in potatoes with rice? 

Ya'll need to eat some delicious SEA curries. 

Had a lovely Malaysian curry last week - actually had three lovely Malaysian curries last week, lamb beef and chicken. The lamb and chicken both had potatoes in the curry, and of course I ate them over rice. 

And it was delicious. 

Curries I think is slightly different: the potatoes are soaked in so much sauce, there's little difference between them and the meat and other vegetables. I also like curries with rice.
On a slightly different note...'ya'll'?

4 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Curries I think is slightly different: the potatoes are soaked in so much sauce, there's little difference between them and the meat and other vegetables. I also like curries with rice.
On a slightly different note...'ya'll'?

You+All = y'all. It's slang from the American South. 

12 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You+All = y'all. It's slang from the American South. 

I know what it means, it's just...I find it unbelieveable people actually say that. Apart from ironicly/humerously. 
I mean, people here don't say 'mate' or 'sanga' or anything like that.

27 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

I know what it means, it's just...I find it unbelieveable people actually say that. Apart from ironicly/humerously. 
I mean, people here don't say 'mate' or 'sanga' or anything like that.

People here say it all the time. It makes sense when you hear a Southern accent for a while—it's a more laid-back sort of accent, so combining two words into one word just sounds right. Though in any other region—even a region of the US—it'd feel as out of place as "mate" or "telly." 

Re: "y'all", I grew up in Virginia but didn't hear people say it all that often until I moved to a pretty rural part of the Shenandoah valley. Nowadays I use it sometimes, but it's always a conscious decision and not an ingrained habit. My accent or dialect or whatever you want to call it is kinda a blend of "Utah English" and "Midwest English," for the most part, and I usually find Southern accents quite pleasant to listen to. :)

On 20 February 2017 at 3:01 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

People here say it all the time. It makes sense when you hear a Southern accent for a while—it's a more laid-back sort of accent, so combining two words into one word just sounds right. Though in any other region—even a region of the US—it'd feel as out of place as "mate" or "telly." 

I sometimes say y'all, mostly typing.

Because, well.

In Hebrew theres a differentiation of you - male , female, singular and plural. So in English if I specifically want to say you plural I get stuck. Theres the Aussie 'youse' that no one knows, so y'all is the next best thing.

8 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I sometimes say y'all, mostly typing.

Because, well.

In Hebrew theres a differentiation of you - male , female, singular and plural. So in English if I specifically want to say you plural I get stuck. Theres the Aussie 'youse' that no one knows, so y'all is the next best thing.

I have a friend who says 'youse', but I would say it's ironically.