Food. Food. Food. And spreads

Darkness Ascendant

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

Do you ever just make tea because you like the idea of making tea more than you like drinking it? 

Aye. Sometimes I hate tea, but I still make it.

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

I'd be a lot happier making tea for other people :P

I make tea for my parents, and for guests sometimes

13 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

In Japan they have octopus-flavored ice cream.

In the town where my mom grew up, there was an ice cream place that had an ice cream called Cold Sweat, which was vanilla with serrano peppers mixed in. 

You had to sign a waiver before you could eat it. 

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

In the town where my mom grew up, there was an ice cream place that had an ice cream called Cold Sweat, which was vanilla with serrano peppers mixed in. 

You had to sign a waiver before you could eat it. 

For serranos? They were sold in supermarkets, in Washington and Arizona at least. Or was it ghost chiles? 

I wasn't a fan of Tucson, but I did enjoy Frost. It's a gelato shop that sells the best gelato. There's peanut butter cup, salted caramel, tiramisu, mint chip, and also stranger flavors like strawberry champagne. 

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

For serranos? They were sold in supermarkets, in Washington and Arizona at least. Or was it ghost chiles? 

I wasn't a fan of Tucson, but I did enjoy Frost. It's a gelato shop that sells the best gelato. There's peanut butter cup, salted caramel, tiramisu, mint chip, and also stranger flavors like strawberry champagne. 

Wait, no, not serrano. 

Habanero.

Hence the waiver.

3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Ah, that makes more sense. 

Yeah, I never tried it, but I hear it's intense.

(This article is from ten years ago but its relevant so yeah)

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-07-03-hot-ice-cream_x.htm

EDIT: I found the waiver:

http://www.coldsweaticecream.com/Cold_Sweat_Waiver.htm

Edited by bleeder

8 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

What's the 'cup' part of peanut butter cup?

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

What's the 'cup' part of peanut butter cup?

The whole thing. 

Spoiler

Peanut-Butter-Cup.jpg

It's kind of shaped like a little cup made of chocolate, wherein you place the peanut butter. 

Though, the cup shape is a little vague, but "round muffin-shaped chocolate things with peanut butter inside" doesn't have the same ring to it. :P 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

The whole thing. 

Hide contents

Peanut-Butter-Cup.jpg

It's kind of shaped like a little cup made of chocolate, wherein you place the peanut butter. 

Though, the cup shape is a little vague, but "round muffin-shaped chocolate things with peanut butter inside" doesn't have the same ring to it. :P 

But then how does that work in a scoop of ice cream? 

3 minutes ago, Delightful said:

But then how does that work in a scoop of ice cream? 

Depends. Some peanut butter cup ice cream has miniature peanut butter cups, while most homemade versions just cut regular sized cups into smaller pieces. They're then mixed into ice cream—usually vanilla flavor, though I've seen it in peanut butter flavored ice cream as well as chocolate. 

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Depends. Some peanut butter cup ice cream has miniature peanut butter cups, while most homemade versions just cut regular sized cups into smaller pieces. They're then mixed into ice cream—usually vanilla flavor, though I've seen it in peanut butter flavored ice cream as well as chocolate. 

Sounds *amazing* :)

13 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Made up soup?

I fried onions and sweet potato (in the pot), then added water, celery and carrot, salt pepper and garlic powder, and mostly blended it once it was done. Twas good. :) 

I'm jealous that you apparently have the ability to improvise while cooking and get a delicious result. I always need a recipe the first time I cook/bake something.

My mom, though--when I was younger, she once made up a soup recipe to try to get us kids to eat healthier, and now it's one of my favorite things. It's basically chicken broth with chunks of chicken, macaroni noodles, kidney and pinto beans, and some spices.

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

I'm jealous that you apparently have the ability to improvise while cooking and get a delicious result. I always need a recipe the first time I cook/bake something.

My mom, though--when I was younger, she once made up a soup recipe to try to get us kids to eat healthier, and now it's one of my favorite things. It's basically chicken broth with chunks of chicken, macaroni noodles, kidney and pinto beans, and some spices.

It wasn't totally from scratch, I half pay attention to what food other people make and see what's around and what I like and kind of mush everything together. Ive made some strange and not exactly delicious smoothies too.....but sometimes it works and you get yummy goodness. You just don't talk much about the flops. :P

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

It wasn't totally from scratch, I half pay attention to what food other people make and see what's around and what I like and kind of mush everything together. Ive made some strange and not exactly delicious smoothies too.....but sometimes it works and you get yummy goodness. You just don't talk much about the flops. :P

I improvised a sauce last night. I chopped up some dried apricots, sautéed garlic and onions, and put them all in a pot with white wine, herbs and sugar, then poured it over chicken and baked. 'Twas tasty.