Human Races on Roshar: A Brief Guide (Ver.1.0)

Botanica

That's awesome!  I will note that there's another brand? of Aimians we haven't seen, but since we don't know anything about them we don't know if they look different or if there's something else different about them.

jW

Does anyone know if the Fashion Folio pages from Words of Radiance are canon representations of Rosharan ethnicities?  Or does it have an "artistic license" factor, like how the Michael Whelan Way of Kings cover art isn't supposed to be an exact depiction of any scene.

TFdJGGK.jpg

Interestingly, the Alethi man looks Eurasian or Central Asian, and the Makabaki/Azish man looks Middle Eastern.  It makes a pretty useful reference if you are working on a more detailed "Peoples of Roshar" infographic. 

And I did a homemade "Thaylen Fashion Folio page".

With ships because Thaylens are the merchant people of Roshar. 

OPn9yJH.jpg

I would really really love it if SA#3 has more Fashion Folio pages.  It's awesome worldbuilding material.  It doesn't even matter that the tiny script-font text is impossible to read on an eReader.  I just like looking at the pretty pictures. :wub:

WDmFB50.jpg

WOW!  I had never heard those bits about Human-Aimian-Parshendi hybrids before.  You've greatly illuminated Roshar and how its people have migrated and evolved in my mind; would that I could give you two upvotes, but I'll have to suffice with one and an expression of enjoyment reading your post!

• 1 month later...

This is amazing! I've always wanted to find a compiled description of the Rosharan ethnicities and how they compare with those on Earth so that they're easier to imagine. Thank you for coming up with this!

You do realize that you bumped a thread that was three years old, right? Quoting from the forum rules:

On that same note, don't bring back topics that have been dead forever. This is called thread necromancy (or simply "necroing"). If after a long time you post something new in a topic--one whose discussion has long since ended--that would be thread necroing. We're going to be more lenient about this on the Brandon Sanderson forums, because if you have something to add in the "Mistborn Movie Casting" topic and there hasn't been a post there in a great while, why shouldn't you? You're adding something to the discussion, that's fantastic! A lot of the Books forums will have theory threads, and if you have something to add to them which just perfectly fits the topic, better to revive a dead thread, right?

Thread necroing is only bad in a case like this: let's say Mi'chelle and Josh post in General Discussion saying "We're married!" in a few months. Members will congratulate them, but what you don't want to do is post three months later a congratulation. The sentiment's nice, but at the same time, the news is outdated. Your post is itself outdated, which means it didn't really need to be said. It was superfluous and there was no need for you to post it. Does that make sense? That's why most forums hate thread necromancy, because it's superfluous posting. Essentially, spamming.

Oh my! I'm sorry, I had no idea there were rules and such. Just got so excited when I discovered this site a couple of days ago. Will be more mindful of the rules next time. Thanks for calling my attention!

• Chaos locked this topic