Botanica

Human Races on Roshar: A Brief Guide (Ver.1.0)

8 posts in this topic

Wow. Holy crap. This is awesome!  Great job compiling all of that information!  Must've taken a ridiculous amount of work.

That's awesome!  I will note that there's another brand? of Aimians we haven't seen, but since we don't know anything about them we don't know if they look different or if there's something else different about them.

jW

Does anyone know if the Fashion Folio pages from Words of Radiance are canon representations of Rosharan ethnicities?  Or does it have an "artistic license" factor, like how the Michael Whelan Way of Kings cover art isn't supposed to be an exact depiction of any scene.

TFdJGGK.jpg

Interestingly, the Alethi man looks Eurasian or Central Asian, and the Makabaki/Azish man looks Middle Eastern.  It makes a pretty useful reference if you are working on a more detailed "Peoples of Roshar" infographic. 

And I did a homemade "Thaylen Fashion Folio page".

With ships because Thaylens are the merchant people of Roshar. 

OPn9yJH.jpg

I would really really love it if SA#3 has more Fashion Folio pages.  It's awesome worldbuilding material.  It doesn't even matter that the tiny script-font text is impossible to read on an eReader.  I just like looking at the pretty pictures. :wub:

WDmFB50.jpg

WOW!  I had never heard those bits about Human-Aimian-Parshendi hybrids before.  You've greatly illuminated Roshar and how its people have migrated and evolved in my mind; would that I could give you two upvotes, but I'll have to suffice with one and an expression of enjoyment reading your post!

This is so cool! Thanks for compiling all that info, must have taken several hours of hard work...