Reckoners book 4 theories (if there is one)

HonorIsDead

WARNING: Spoilers for Calamity

So guys, what theories do you guys have about what will happen in book 4, if there is one, here's a quick list of some of mine:

- we learn more about the gods/entities that inhabit the realm Calamity was sent from, things such as:  what they are, what there goal is, and why they sent Calamity to earth in the first place (was it a punishment or a test as Calamity seems to believe?)

-The main story line will be about the hunt for Obliteration or maybe another similar Epic who seems to think that they were sent by god to destroy the world, a little like what's happening in the dimension firefight is originaly from

-we learn more about David's father and about that dimension as well as learning quite a bit more about what megan can really do now that she doesn't have to fight the darkness, can she pretty much do anything now, (sumon things, control winds, give herself prime invincibilities) seeing as she can pull stuff over from other dimensions?

What do you guys think will happen and what do you think of my theories?

Edited by The_God_King

Brandon has mentioned the possibility of doing another trilogy set in the same world as The Reckoners, and that it would focus on Mizzy as a main character but that, if it even happens, would be quite a ways off.  However Brandon has announced that his next teen series (the first book of which will probably be out 2018-ish) will take place in the same multiverse as The Reckoners and will dig deeper on the nature of Calamity (or rather the beings like him) and of the greater multiverse as well. It's called The Apocalypse Guard.

3 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

will take place in the same multiverse as The Reckoners and will dig deeper on the nature of Calamity (or rather the beings like him) and of the greater multiverse as well.

Oooooooooo.  Multiverse.  I look forward to this.  Does this also mean another group of cosmere-like interconnected books?

Edited by Magestar

23 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

Brandon has mentioned the possibility of doing another trilogy set in the same world as The Reckoners, and that it would focus on Mizzy as a main character but that, if it even happens, would be quite a ways off.  However Brandon has announced that his next teen series (the first book of which will probably be out 2018-ish) will take place in the same multiverse as The Reckoners and will dig deeper on the nature of Calamity (or rather the beings like him) and of the greater multiverse as well. It's called The Apocalypse Guard.

oh, thanks for letting me know, I try to keep up to date with most stuff Brandon related but between the books I still need to read, the podcasts and the occasional lecture its pretty hard to stay on top of most of what's going on.

WARNING: Slight mistborn spoiler
the multiverse sounds fun and I would 100% like to learn more about whatever type of being Calamity was though the idea of it being from Mizzy's POV is kinda disappointing, I feel like the right mood wouldn't be there for her to be a hero, a bit like how it was with spook after Kelsier died, he was pretty much just a want to be Kelsier and I feel like Mizzy would be pretty much the same thing, only a want to be David, since David is her biggest hero for killing Steelheart.

Edited by The_God_King

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

That would be nice... My friend only read Steelheart and about the first five chapters of Firefight before giving up. (She's a Cosmere nerd). So I'd better not mention this to her though I'd really enjoy it. (I'm (if it's even possible) a bigger Cosmere fan than her, but I've enjoyed all of Sanderson's books that I have read so far). :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think there's a good opportunity for a book about another part of the world. Europe for instance, or any other place mentioned in passing during the series. Or if he wants to keep it closer to home, another Reckoner cell. That way the book could be independent of the main character's fight, and deals with its own conflict, setting and plot. Just enough references to keep it connected to the series, but unique enough to keep it fresh.