Pokemon Go!

Vyree

• 1 month later...

It's been a month since this thread was last posted in, yet I still feel slightly dirty for the double post. :ph34r:

Valentine's Event has begun!  Double candy, increased spawn of pink Pokemon, and six hour(!) lures.  Paint the town pink, my friends!  (It's going to be near 70 degrees on Saturday, so imma get a good Pokewalk in.)

Oh, @Titan Arum, later the same day I met you, I caught my first Snorlax!  I feel like you're good luck for Pokemon catches now.

Ooh, I never get the notifications on those events, @Kaymyth, so thank you!  I noticed there were several Lickitungs popping up, which I'd never seen at all before, so that explains it.  A walk or even just sitting at a park sounds awesome now.  Lure's, but not incense, is that right?

I need to post an updated list of my Pokemon names, I had some fun with them recently. :P

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

Ooh, I never get the notifications on those events, @Kaymyth, so thank you!  I noticed there were several Lickitungs popping up, which I'd never seen at all before, so that explains it.  A walk or even just sitting at a park sounds awesome now.  Lure's, but not incense, is that right?

I need to post an updated list of my Pokemon names, I had some fun with them recently. :P

PoGo gives me notifications on my phone; it's odd that you don't get them.  I also follow Otakukart's Pokemon Go page on Facebook.  They're kind of annoying with some of their rampant, baseless speculation, but they throw out the event announcements fairly promptly.

That's correct, it's lures.  Part of the whole "paint the town pink" theme of things.  I'll probably be heading out to the Nelson-Atkins sculpture park around the museum, cause it's just littered with Pokestops.  This event plus the nice weather is going to pull a lot of players out of hiding, which is always good for spawns.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 0:48 PM, Kaymyth said:

Oh, @Titan Arum, later the same day I met you, I caught my first Snorlax!  I feel like you're good luck for Pokemon catches now.

It's been a while since I've logged on to the 17th...but it was great meeting you and playing board games recently! And congrats on getting that Snorlax!

Have you caught anything good yet from Gen 2? Cheers!

21 hours ago, Titan Arum said:

It's been a while since I've logged on to the 17th...but it was great meeting you and playing board games recently! And congrats on getting that Snorlax!

Have you caught anything good yet from Gen 2? Cheers!

Thanks!  It was good to meet you, too!

So far, I think I've just caught fairly common Gen 2s, but It's fun to see new things skulking around out there.  And some of the other updates are really nice - that XP bonus for catching on the first throw, for instance.  Verra nice.

13 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

This game sort died, can't believe people still play it.

S'just been pining for the fjords.

No, seriously, there's still a fairly substantial dedicated player base.  The holiday events have been helping a lot, and the release of Gen 2 has infused some new life into the game.  I imagine we'll see another big uptick when the weather gets consistently nice.

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

So far, I think I've just caught fairly common Gen 2s, but It's fun to see new things skulking around out there.  And some of the other updates are really nice - that XP bonus for catching on the first throw, for instance.  Verra nice.

My second Gen 2 Pokemon that I caught was a Feraligatr. I had no idea what it was or that it was the third evolution of a Gen 2 starter. Hahaha. Other than that, it's mostly the Gen 2 equivalent to pidgey and rattata. 

I think my least favorite new update is that my muscle memory no longer works to get Nice/Great/Excellent throws every time. Every throw is slightly too high. I know that all I need to do is move my finger slower and it'll land correctly...but muscle memory is all like "Aww heck no! No bonus XP for you!"

2 minutes ago, Titan Arum said:

My second Gen 2 Pokemon that I caught was a Feraligatr. I had no idea what it was or that it was the third evolution of a Gen 2 starter. Hahaha. Other than that, it's mostly the Gen 2 equivalent to pidgey and rattata. 

I think my least favorite new update is that my muscle memory no longer works to get Nice/Great/Excellent throws every time. Every throw is slightly too high. I know that all I need to do is move my finger slower and it'll land correctly...but muscle memory is all like "Aww heck no! No bonus XP for you!"

Yeah, they've defaulted the Pokemon to being closer to you than before.  It's going to take some recalibration.

Also!  If you catch higher evolution Pokemon, you get more candy!  This needed to be in the game from the beginning, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Yeah, they've defaulted the Pokemon to being closer to you than before.  It's going to take some recalibration.

Also!  If you catch higher evolution Pokemon, you get more candy!  This needed to be in the game from the beginning, IMO.

I LOVE the higher candy amounts as well. I also love pinap berries. They should've had those all along too! I've been using them frequently for Gen 2 mon I haven't gotten evolved forms for yet.

I've also noticed you get way more candy for 10k egg hatches. I recently hatched two dratini that sent me from barely enough to evolve my dratini once to being able to evolve straight to Dragonite with candy to spare! Unfortunately my 97.8% IV Dragonite got a horrible moveset. Sigh, RNG. How I hate you! 

Edited by Titan Arum

3 minutes ago, Titan Arum said:

I LOVE the higher candy amounts as well. I also love pinap berries. They should've had those all along too! I've been using them frequently for Gen 2 mon I haven't gotten evolved forms for yet.

I've also noticed you get way more candy for 10k egg hatches. I recently hatched two dratini that sent me from barely enough to evolve my dratini once to being able to evolve straight to Dragonite with candy to spare! Unfortunately my 97.8% IV Dragonite got a horrible moveset. Sigh, RNG. How I hate you! 

So far, my experience with pinap berries is that they guarantee the Pokemon will hop out of the ball on the first roll. :P

Yeeeahhh, I think that's not so much the RNG as the game is preprogrammed to balance itself by giving a high IV Pokemon less than stellar movesets.  I've noticed a pretty consistent pattern there.  You're more likely to get a better moveset in the 70-80% range.

I've now caught 26 of the gen 2 Pokémon, plus 3 hatched before the new update. Rather fun to see! Edit: I just hit level 29 too, and got Pinap Berries as part of the bonuses, so they've updated the level up bonuses.

Edited by Jondesu

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Jondesu said:

It’s been quite a while! Anyone still playing Pokémon Go? With the new friends feature I thought we could share some codes (and help us all out). My code is 6685 6019 0966 if anyone wants to add me!

I do, yes! I also know R'Shara and Dendrophobe play. Can't tag right now for some reason.