Favourite Stormlight Archive qoute

Hello!

What are your fauvorite qoutes?

For it is ''The Knights Radiant have returned!''

I have goosebums every time I hear that, I mean...

WoR ending spoiler 

Spoiler

It is so epic, Szeth just killed Archprince and he is going for another, Kaladin filled with Stormlight flies over there and is like ''The Knights Radiant have returned!'' Than they fight and Szeth almost dies.

"Two blind men waited at the end of an era, contemplating beauty. "

~Wit

"A blind man awaited the era of endings,contemplating the beauty of nature."

~Wit

I didn't catch this on my first read, but I loved it after this thread explained it to me:

3 hours ago, dvoraen said:

"Dalinar ran the entire way."

So much conveyed in so few words, given the context of that line.  (Right after hearing Kaladin came out of the chasms after his and Shallan's falls.)

I second that!

On 7/10/2016 at 7:51 AM, Erklitt said:

'Honor is dead. But I'll see what I can do.'

@ErklittTotally the first one I thought of!! Haha  That is one of my absolute favorite moments/scenes in WoR.  Of course, it is slightly overshadowed by the ultimate Kaladin scene at the end, when he says the third ideal.

Another one:

"You sent him to the skies to die, assassin"..."But the skies are mine. I claim them, as I now claim your life."

GAAH! SO GOOD!

BTW, I'm not sure if that quote is precise, I don't have my book on hand.  If anyone wants to correct me feel free.

@Tharatariel10: It's one of the sentences I read about 20 times (together with their close context) every time I come across them. That it was the first one I thought about might be due to my having followed the movie poster/trailer thread, where it is used several times in awesome ways.

Another one is that one @dvoraen posted ('Dalinar ran the entire way'). And then there's the one in WoK: 'The bridgemen. The bridgeman were fighting.' (Dalinar's thoughts after having broken through the Parshendi on the Tower.) Or later, back in Sadeas' camp: "The Blade. ... For the Bridgemen." The two you mentioned are awesome too.

It always takes me several minutes to get past those sentences...:ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Erklitt

3 hours ago, Tharatariel10 said:

"You sent him to the skies to die, assassin"..."But the skies are mine. I claim them, as I now claim your life."

GAAH! SO GOOD!

Not sure if that's word by word accurate but indeed everytime i read that part . But yeah HOLY rust.

My personal favorite would be when when Kaladin rekt all of Bridge Four when they first refused to help the other bridge groups cause they antagonize them which he pretty much scolded them all 

Storm you! Look at that! Who cares for them? Not Sadeas. Not their fellow bridgemen. I doubt even the Heralds themselves spare a thought for these. I won’t stand there and watch while men die behind me. We have to be better than that! We can’t look away like the lighteyes, pretending we don’t see. This man is one of us. Just like Dunny was. The lighteyes talk about honor. They spout empty claims about their nobility. Well, I’ve only known one man in my life who was a true man of honor. He was a surgeon who would help anyone, even those who hated him. Especially those who hated him. Well, we’re going to show Gaz, and Sadeas, Hashal, and any other sodden fool who cares to watch, what he taught me. Now go to work and stop complaining!

“Perhaps a story for a child,” Wit said. “I will tell you one, to get you in the mood. A bunny rabbit and a chick went frolicking in the grass together on a sunny day.”

“A chick . . . baby chicken?” Kaladin said. “And a what?”

“Ah, forgot myself for a moment,” Wit said. “Sorry. Let me make it more appropriate for you. A piece of wet slime and a disgusting crab thing with seventeen legs slunk across the rocks together on an insufferably rainy day. Is that better?”

The anguish, the frustration. The terrible nothing that clawed inside and sought to smother her. She knew. It was there, inside. She had been broken.

Then she smiled. Oh, storms. She smiled anyway.

It was the single most beautiful thing he’d seen in his entire life.

6 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

"You were not shocked when a child knew how to breathe. You were not shocked when a skyeel took flight for the first time. You should not be shocked when you hand Kaladin Stormblessed a spear and he knows how to use it."

Oh yeah a follow up to this. Almost forgot about how good this quote was in that part.

Kaladin spun through the last motions of the kata, chasm forgotten, bridgemen forgotten, fatigue forgotten. For a moment, it was just him. Him and the wind. He fought with her, and she laughed.

I read this part like 2-3 times when i first read WoTK. It was also very clever since Syl was literally dancing with Kaladin this part while he did his Kata.

Edited by goody153

I'm just gonna throw this one in here, it isn't my actual favorite but I love it's comedy. It's from a read aloud of a stormlight 3 chapter but the quote has no real spoilers.

"If somebody insulted my biceps, I wouldn't attack them. I'd refer them to a physician because obviously something is wrong with their vision."

-Dalinar Kholin, with a straight face.

• 3 months later...

Passionate, with an intense, smoldering resolve. A leashed anger that he used, because he had dominated it. And a certain tempting arrogance. Not the haughty pride of a highlord. Instead, the secure, stable sense of determination that whispered that no matter who you were-or what you did-you could not hurt him.Could not change him. He was like the wind and the rocks were. -Shallan Davar 

This short conversation between Pattern and Shallan about the nature of Truth is probably my favorite Stormlight line. With that said, "Honor is dead, but I'll see what I can do." is up there.

“Truth is individual.”
“What? No it’s not. Truth is . . . it’s Truth. Reality.”
“Your truth is what you see,” Pattern said, sounding confused. “What else could it be? That is the truth that you spoke to me, the truth that brings power.”

Edited by Iron Eyes

It wasn't time for a show. It was time for a beating.

That line gives me goosebumps every time I read it.

Bonus quote:

"He fell with honor." Dalinar said.

Dalinar says that after the fight in WoR where Szeth Lashes Roion to the sky and he falls back down and dies. When I read Dalinar say that(noticed it on my third re-read), I thought "Wow. Wow. Too soon, Dalinar. Too soon." If that pun was unintentional by Brandon Sanderson, then that makes it all the sweeter.

On 7/11/2016 at 7:58 AM, Tharatariel10 said:

@Erklitt

GAAH! SO GOOD!

BTW, I'm not sure if that quote is precise, I don't have my book on hand.  If anyone wants to correct me feel free.

Here's the line (last line, WoR, Ch 85:

“You sent him to the sky to die, assassin,” Kaladin said, Stormlight puffing from his lips, “but the sky and the winds are mine. I claim them, as I now claim your life.”

Which is echoed again in Ch 86:

“No. The wind is mine. The sky is mine. They have been mine since childhood. You are the trespasser here. Not me.”

One of my favorites was Syl, fighting for Kaladin:

YOUR WILL MATTERS NOT! Syl shouted. YOU CANNOT HOLD ME BACK IF HE SPEAKS THE WORDS!

-Syl, to Stormfather, WoR Ch 84

Spoiler

He is mine! a feminine voice said. I claim him.

HE BETRAYED HIS OATH.

“He has seen too much,” Graves said to Moash. “If he lives this day, he’ll betray us. You know my words are true, Moash. Kill him.”

The knife slipped from Kaladin’s fingers, clanging to the ground. He was too weak to hold it. His arm flopped back to his side, and he stared down at the knife, dazed.

I don’t care.

HE WILL KILL YOU.

“I’m sorry, Kal,” Moash said, stepping forward. “I should have made it quick at the start.”

The Words, Kaladin. That was Syl’s voice. You have to speak the Words!

I FORBID THIS.

YOUR WILL MATTERS NOT! Syl shouted. YOU CANNOT HOLD ME BACK IF HE SPEAKS THE WORDS! THE WORDS, KALADIN! SAY THEM!

“I will protect even those I hate,” Kaladin whispered through bloody lips. “So long as it is right.”

A Shardblade appeared in Moash’s hands.

A distant rumbling. Thunder.

THE WORDS ARE ACCEPTED, the Stormfather said reluctantly.

“Kaladin!” Syl’s voice. “Stretch forth thy hand!” She zipped around him, suddenly visible as a ribbon of light.

“I can’t . . .” Kaladin said, drained.

Stretch forth thy hand!

He reached out a trembling hand. Moash hesitated.

Wind blew in the opening in the wall, and Syl’s ribbon of light became mist, a form she often took. Silver mist, which grew larger, coalesced before Kaladin, extending into his hand.

Glowing, brilliant, a Shardblade emerged from the mist, vivid blue light shining from swirling patterns along its length.

Another favorite from Syl was:

“It’s perfectly clear to us,” Syl said. “You’re the strange ones. Break a rock, and it’s still there. Break a spren, and she’s still there. Sort of. Break a person, and something leaves. Something changes. What’s left is just meat. You’re weird.”

But, really, for me it culminates in this:

Dalinar met his eyes. “You are what I’ve been looking for.”

“Yes. Finally.” Kaladin turned and strode toward the assassin.

Edited by Treamayne
Font Sizes