The Cloud God? Gods? Faces? Spies?

teknopathetic

• 2 months later...

Okay, I know this is a bit of a necro, but I was flipping through White Sand in Books-A-Million today and I realized/noticed two things:

The faces are Bavadin's many faces.

And, in the map of Dayside in the very front:

Spoiler

IMG_2538.JPGIMG_2539.JPG

It may just be a cool way to present a map, but could the woman at the top be Bavadin/Autonomy? Perhaps *puts on tinfoil hat* the way she is positioned could be an allusion to how she has "closed off" Taldain?

12 hours ago, bleeder said:

Okay, I know this is a bit of a necro, but I was flipping through White Sand in Books-A-Million today and I realized/noticed two things:

And, in the map of Dayside in the very front:

Hide contents

IMG_2538.JPGIMG_2539.JPG

It may just be a cool way to present a map, but could the woman at the top be Bavadin/Autonomy? Perhaps *puts on tinfoil hat* the way she is positioned could be an allusion to how she has "closed off" Taldain?

Pretty sure there's a WoB (WoP?) that he didn't give any specific instructions to the artist who did the map, so that isn't Bavadin.  Would have been cool, though.

On 12/17/2016 at 4:39 PM, bleeder said:

Yeah, this idea has popped up a few times over the last month. I personally find it likely, and like it.

On 12/17/2016 at 4:39 PM, bleeder said:

On 12/18/2016 at 5:26 AM, Jondesu said:

Pretty sure there's a WoB (WoP?) that he didn't give any specific instructions to the artist who did the map, so that isn't Bavadin.  Would have been cool, though.

There was indeed a recent WoB confirming that the lady was Isaac's (the artist) creation. It was on Reddit, but I can't find it quickly.

• 1 year later...

Necroing this thread.  We were chatting about the Graphic Novel on Discord, and I remembered that there were some extra faces that I noticed.  And I thought, let's re-post the faces we've seen so far, since I have some screenshots here that are a bit easier to see. 

Page 32 (Kenton finds all the orbs)

5wFEk3d.png

Page 52 (Kenton digs his way out of the sand).  Skull more than face.

4RQAyVH.png

Page 66 (Riding toward the trading post)

4gHYN5p.png

Page 73 (Khriss remembering the rally at the port)

SGHWuag.png

Page 75 (Nearing Kezare)

uE1ZZCQ.png

Page 87 (Reaching Kezare).  There seem to be two faces.  One to the right, and one to the left, a bit under the word Days.

0nqW4gn.png

Page 119 (Drile assigning rooms at the Diem)

41guR2N.png

Page 114 (Khriss visits the Diem for the first time)

gMp8MIu.png

Fun stuff.  I wonder what we'll see in volume 2!

Edited by RShara