Curse or name?

ParadoxicalZen

Aisha/Shalla; I'm having trouble deciding if either are an actual curse word, or someone's name...

Now, presuming that the person at the top of the map is female (and not an androgynous representation of Bavadin) could either of these names belong to them? Granted, we have so little info, but already I'm abuzz with questions

ok this is quite meaningles but in my language "shalla" is a teen's word to say something like "ok relax man".

Anyway if they didn't change the meaning from the prose version. It's not actually a curse but some rude way to call someone (or I remember wrong)

Edited by Yata

Now, what if Aisha & Shella are the 2 wives of Bavadin, one living on Dayside and one on Darkside? Say Aisha is jealous and hot tempered and got all the sun's fire. Shella, on the other hand, is a schemer, so she's got night with UV that tans even harder than the sun. Bavadin, as the Sun, accompanies his legitimate wife all the time, but sends a splinter to the Darkside for the mistress after her back.

What fantastic myths it would be for the locals, gossiping about the God's romantic life.

“Q: Why did our God help kill Dominion?

A: Being dominated is bad, just look at his household!”

The Kerztian language definitely has a lot of -sha suffixes in their words, like Ry'Kensha, Eedsha, Lonsha, Ker Kedasha, and the Ker'Naisha'Totar'Kersha slogan. I would not be suprised if Aisha, ending also in -sha, is a noun, or even proper noun in Kerztian.

As for Shella, we don't see much Dynastic in the graphic novel, but Khrissalla does have her name ending in the same suffix. I would not be surprised if Shella is a woman's name in Dynastic.

• 1 year later...

I just recently read the text version, and was wondering if perhaps "Shella" is an oath/curse, but one said in awe, the way we might say "Sweet Jesus!" So, its also a name. Which led me to think it was very similar to "Shallan", and therefore "Shalash." Weren't some of the Heralds supposed to be from other Cosmere worlds? Perhaps there's a connection?

• 1 month later...