2016-06-28 White Sand Volume 1 Release Party - West Jordan, UT

Bleh. I am sick right now, or I would go too. But West Jordan is like 45 minutes away from me, and the kind of sick I am right now is not conducive to being that far away from home for hours on end. If I can find out how much the Dragon's Keep in Orem will be charging for White Sand, I might go to that signing instead since it's much closer. (And I might be feeling better by Wednesday.)

18 hours ago, Yata said:

There are only 9343 Km between me and the Utah <_<

5 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Ha! I'm lucky! It's only 8741 km for me! :D

You guys make my 3868km drive seem like a cake walk.

Edit: I Googled Cake walk, I am not disappointed...
cake_walk_big_head.jpg

Edited by Iron Eyes

Wow, you guys. I... Feel sort of guilty for not going to all the signings I could in the past. :P I'm also in awe of @Viridian. That's a while to drive!

@Sunbird, hope you feel better soon. Being sick isn't fun at all. 

So, since I don't have a good one, does anybody have a burning question I could ask for them? 

23 minutes ago, Argent said:

Does the voice Raoden hears while in the Shardpool belong to a cognitive shadow?

I asked Brandon this about a year ago and got RAFO'd :( Hopefully now is the time.

Edit: Dat post # 'doh...
The%20Omen%20tax%20disc%20holder.JPG

Edited by Iron Eyes

Yeah, I actually remember that RAFO. Or at least remember seeing it (again) a few days ago. I just haven't updated my list to exclude that question, or at least note that it has gotten a RAFO in the past.

EDIT: And now it's updated with a couple of clarifications, and a RAFO comment.

Edited by Argent

You're sweet, @Brightness Enna:) I envy all of you who don't have to travel very far, like an hour or less. There are never signings in southern Utah. But it's fun, really - I love these little road trips. Did you get your wristband yet? 

@Argent, your questions are always so good. We'll probably be able to ask a few of them tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Viridian said:

@Argent, your questions are always so good. We'll probably be able to ask a few of them tonight. 

I just got received a phone call from the President, he says you are an absolutely marvelous human being! 

I will say though, the question about the relationship between magic and science is probably crowd-friendly, so if you can - and want to - you could ask it during the general Q&A, assuming there is one.

I've always got more than a few questions for Brandon, but during my most recent reread of SA I'm very curious about Spren. Questions are down below, feel free to ask them.

1. Is the Nahel bond basicly just new connections in the spirit web connecting the Sprens web to the human's?

2. Is there a physical representation of these new connections?

What benefit do Spren get from their symbiotic relationship with greatshells? (Ask if RAFOed) Does this relationship relate to evolution?

Bonus tid bit questions:

What does the symbol on the book featured on the arcanum inbounds cover mean or represent?

Has Khriss or other world hoppers come up with a standard unit of measurement for investiture, and what is it called.

8 minutes ago, Blightsong said:
What does the symbol on the book featured on the arcanum inbounds cover mean or represent?

Peter said it was the symbol for the Cosmere. Or are you looking for more information?

1 minute ago, Argent said:

Peter said it was the symbol for the Cosmere. Or are you looking for more information?

Thanks for the info, this makes me think that that book on the cover isn't the Ars Arcanum. I wonder what a book titled 'Cosmere' would contain.

My one real question that I want answered (or at least a comment from Brandon on) has to do with this (from the first page of the second chapter).  What exactly is it supposed to be, 'cause it looks like a relatively advanced piece of technology.

2 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

My one real question that I want answered (or at least a comment from Brandon on) has to do with this (from the first page of the second chapter).  What exactly is it supposed to be, 'cause it looks like a relatively advanced piece of technology.

Woah. That's super weird.

Alright, here's my very paraphrased signing report (really not looking forward to the transcription of all my stammering...):

Q: Are the similarities of Dalinar's last vision and Shallan's flashback experience of Middlefest, significant?

A: No.

Q: Zahel calls Renarin "the son of the most powerful human on this—" Does that refer to Dalinar or to his wife?

A: Dalinar

Q: How would he have ended that sentence?

A: "...planet"

Q: Which eye does the Sovereign have spiked? And what does the spike give?

A: The opposite eye that Marsh has spiked. And nothing special. More to come in Secret History 2 and 3.

@Argent's questions:

Q: How did Marsh become regarded as Death in Elendel Basin?

A: Only because he looks scary and has been present at ominous times.

Q: Has Bloody Tan seen the Sovereign?

A: RAFO.

Edited by Viridian
clarification

Q: Which eye does the Sovereign have spiked? And what does the spike give?

A: The opposite eye that Marsh has spiked. And nothing special. More to come in Secret History 2 and 3.

The...opposite eye as Marsh's is spiked. Marsh's other eye spike is fake? Really...He's PUTTING in a fake spike as part of a con, well, at least he didn't have to respike his eye...

Marsh shared...? And that's...

It's the right eye, it says so somewhere in Bands of Mourning (I'll get the page number in a bit), but this is awesome...

[Pfft. Does that mean Hemalurgy is somewhat related to the HLA-blood groups and siblings have a 25% chance of being perfect matches in that area in the physical realm...it's like finding a blood-marrow donor...] xD

Edited by Kandra-in-disguise