Long Game 23: The Siege of Luthadel

Renegade

I've been really busy with life stuff, so I haven't been on to pay attention to the thread or my doc for the last 30 hours or so. I'm going to vote for Sart, although I'm a bit wary after Aman's claim earlier. I think the main thing in favor of Elbereth telling the truth is that she was on first. I don't know what sort of time zone situation was going on, but I suspect that it is more likely that a coinshot would want to check the thread quickly to see the results of their action.

I would like to know, from both Venture people, what roles did you two claim to your doc?

Do we have 26 hours or 2 hours left in the cycle?  I could've sworn that it was rollover day today but the timestamp on the write up suggests that we still have another day left.

Storming Boxings.  If it wasn't for them I wouldn't vote as I see no reason to with the way the votes are stacked.  Either Sart is Spiked and we kill Venture's Coinshot during the night or Elb is Spiked and we kill her during the night.  Either way Venture is out of the running and another Spiked is killed.  Mckee.  Because I feel like it.

In other news,
mock-up only (not actual cover)
Only four days to go in Mistborn: House Wars Kickstarter.  Get your pledges in while you can and help bring this SE game to life.

Night 5: Trial and Error

In one glorious moment, it seemed that the other factions had made a truce with us, as we collaborated in order to find the servants of Ruin that the Inquisitor had dispersed amongst the factions’ ranks.  Of course, we always had the lurking suspicion that an agent of Ruin could be hiding amongst our own ranks… we were too preoccupied with the siege, however, to look for any such saboteurs.

Tram entered the emperor’s courtroom with his head held high over the ranks of angry nobles and former skaa that filled the room.  He may have been falsely accused of being a servant of Ruin, but arguing or fighting against the crowd would do him no good.  He would just have to keep his head up, and withstand the insults hurled at him.  To do otherwise would be to justify the accusations levelled at him.  Plus, he couldn’t be accused of turning his nose up at them, since he did not have one.

“Order!” the young Elend Venture said, standing in front of his seat at the front of the courtroom.  “We will have this carried out quickly and efficiently, without any unnecessary squalor.”  Elend sat down, eyeing the room, as Tram took a seat in the front row.  “The case before us is that of Sart Tram, a member of…” Elend paused for a second, masking a sneer “...Straff Venture’s faction.  He has been accused of sedition against his own faction and the empire, as well as being an agent of the Deepness.  Sandhya, as the prosecution, you may come forth first and speak.”

“Of course, your honor,” Sandhya spoke, a smirk just visible on her face.  Sandhya stood, took three measured steps forward, and around to face the aggravated crowd.  “I believe that there is little that needs to be said about the suspicion against young Tram here.”  Sandhya gestured to Tram, who sat quietly, an eyebrow raised.  “I killed that very Steel Inquisitor yesterday with a coin to the chest, something that you all were able to witness this morning.  Now--”

“Your honor, that simply isn’t true!” Tram interjected, standing up abruptly.  Elend put a hand out to silence Tram, and motioned for Sandhya to continue.

Sandhya pulled a wooden, bloodstained tablet from under her desk.  “This here was also visible at the scene of the crime.  A short letter imprinted by the Inquisitor verifying that he had, indeed, successfully taken Tram as his faithful servant.  There have already been several of Dominic’s former acquaintances who have verified it to be in the Inquisitor’s handwriting.  And, by the Lord Ruler, nobody is able to simply rewrite something on a wooden tablet.”

The crowd turned towards Tram, hundreds of pairs of bloodthirsty eyes boring into his head.  Elend nodded, then turned to Tram as well.  “Very well, Sandhya.  Tram, your defense?”

Tram stood up, practically shoving his chair back, and spoke directly to Elend.  “Your honor, everything Sandhya has said is untrue!  She is not even a coinshot!  I am, and it was I who killed Dominic last night!”

“Aha!” someone shouted from the back of the room.  “This man just confessed to a murder!  He is a murderer!”

“But,” Tram sputtered, “I killed the Steel Inquisitor!  That thing is no man, like you or me!”

The crowd suddenly became restless, rising to their feet.  “Exactly, you aren’t a real man either!  You’re one of his henchmen!  Trying to make it seem as if it was you who killed him, when you aren’t even a coinshot!”

“I am a coinshot!” Tram roared, taking a handful of coins from his pocket and Pushing them towards the crowd.

“Order, order!” Elend shouted, but it was too late.  The crowd came upon Tram and seized him, before he could even get a second handful of coins out of his pocket.

- - - - -

Sart Tram (Sart) was lynched!  He was an unspiked Coinshot from the Venture faction!

Vote Tally

Sart (8): The Only Joe, Elbereth, Mailliw73, Straw, cloudjumper, Araris Valerian, Nyali, Bugsy6912

Elbereth (2): Sart, Conquestor

Mckeedee123 (1): Alvron

Night 5 begins now and will end in 47 hours.  Good luck!

Quick links:

Player list:

1. Jonly (The Only Joe)
2. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Penrod Non Allomancer (via Lynch)
3. Sandhya (Elbereth)
4. Silk (Amanuensis) Venture Rioter (via Lynch)
5. Rima (Mailliw73)
6. Olvar (Alvron)
7. Ranel (The Young Bard) Soother (via coinshot)
8. Guilty (Master Elodin)
9. MottelMusgreave (Mckeedee123)
10. Ri (Arraenae) Non Allomancer (via coinshot)
11. Straw (Straw)
12. Kelron (cloudjumper)
13. Kipper (Kipper) Rioter (via coinshot)
14. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)
15. Zas (zas678)
16. Shara (Nyali)
17. Vela (Burnt Spaghetti) Cett Non Allomancer (via lynch)
18. Jaena (jaimeleecee) Non Allomancer (via coinshot)
19. Dominic (dowanx) Inquisitor (via coinshot)
20. CennCelverclogs Stimbers (TheSilverDragon)
21. Sart Tram (Sart) Venture Coinshot (via Lynch)
22. Ganon (TheMightyLopen) Seeker (via coinshot)
23. Stink (STINK) Non Allomancer (via Koloss)
24. Louik (Bugsy6912)
25. Skydall (Paranoid King) Penrod Thug (via lynch)
26. ExisaErikell (phattemer)
27. Parth Resnuren (Conquestor)

Ack. Well, we had a 50% chance of being right... =\

Venture has 7 Koloss, by the way, according to our Kandra scouts. (Not that we have any Kandra scouts, nope, 'cause we're totally legit around here. Our scouts are just, uhh, some guys. Who can change their shape. <.< )

Are we going to swarm Venture with Koloss, or are we going to coinshot her and let the Venture Koloss just kinda sit there until this siege is done and over?

Edited by Nyali
Quick Links and Player List

Let's assume she's spiked. The Inquisitor didn't have a iron spike left, right? So The spiked probably have a Lurcher. Elbereth will be protected from coinshots, probably, unless we ask all coinshots target her, and as far as I know, there are only two left. 

I was going to say we should all send three koloss to attack her to ensure she's dead because of lurchers protecting her, but then I realized if we did that, she could just send her seven koloss to each faction, dividing them up as needed to ensure all factions lose a player. So I don't know. I think I'm partial to double coining her.

1 minute ago, The Only Joe said:

Let's assume she's spiked. The Inquisitor didn't have a iron spike left, right? So The spiked probably have a Lurcher.

How do you know that the Inquisitor started with an Iron spike? Or are you just guessing/assuming?

13 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Quick links:

Player list:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Jonly (The Only Joe)
2. Locke (OrlokTsubodai) Penrod Non Allomancer (via Lynch)
3. Sandhya (Elbereth)
4. Silk (Amanuensis) Venture Rioter (via Lynch)
5. Rima (Mailliw73)
6. Olvar (Alvron)
7. Ranel (The Young Bard) Soother (via coinshot)
8. Guilty (Master Elodin)
9. MottelMusgreave (Mckeedee123)
10. Ri (Arraenae) Non Allomancer (via coinshot)
11. Straw (Straw)
12. Kelron (cloudjumper)
13. Kipper (Kipper) Rioter (via coinshot)
14. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)
15. Zas (zas678)
16. Shara (Nyali)
17. Vela (Burnt Spaghetti) Cett Non Allomancer (via lynch)
18. Jaena (jaimeleecee) Non Allomancer (via coinshot)
19. Dominic (dowanx) Inquisitor (via coinshot)
20. CennCelverclogs Stimbers (TheSilverDragon)
21. Sart Tram (Sart) Venture Coinshot (via Lynch)
22. Ganon (TheMightyLopen) Seeker (via coinshot)
23. Stink (STINK) Non Allomancer (via Koloss)
24. Louik (Bugsy6912)
25. Skydall (Paranoid King) Penrod Thug (via lynch)
26. ExisaErikell (phattemer)
27. Parth Resnuren (Conquestor)

Ack. Well, we had a 50% chance of being right... =\

Venture has 7 Koloss, by the way, according to our Kandra scouts. (Not that we have any Kandra scouts, nope, 'cause we're totally legit around here. Our scouts are just, uhh, some guys. Who can change their shape. <.< )

Are we going to swarm Venture with Koloss, or are we going to coinshot her and let the Venture Koloss just kinda sit there until this siege is done and over?

And Cett has 11. 

1 minute ago, The Only Joe said:

Assumption. I know they're dangerous, but what other spikes would Dow have? I'm assuming Copper, Brass, Iron, Pewter and Steel.

Well, let's see:

Steel - most useful for spiked
Copper - second most useful for spiked
Iron - useful for spiked
Brass - useful for spiked
Pewter - useful for spiked (for flaring mostly)
Tin - useful for spiked who like messing with people
Bronze - mostly useless (ironically, since it was the most useful in the books), but can be used to find people to spike early on?
Zinc - completely useless for spiked

So, that's roughly the order of usefulness, in my opinion, of spike metals. That means that if the Inquisitor had 5 spikes (spiked 4 people, died with 1 spike), then if Ren wanted the most useful metals to be in the hands of the Spiked, they'd have... yeah, the same five you said. But, if Ren wanted the Spiked to have less useful spikes for game balance, then anything goes.

11 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

And Cett has 11. 

And Lekal has 2. Isn't this game fun?

Faces turned towards Sandhya after the trial was done. After Tram was dead. After he was found without a spike to be seen.

“No,” she said. “That can’t be. It’s not right.” She looked upwards. Thanata! Tell me where to find the Spike! There must be a Spike somewhere...

But Thanata had no answer. 

She grabbed for the wooden tablet. “But… didn’t this say that he was Spiked? For certain? It must have.” She scanned it desperately, but now she found only implications and hints. Nowhere did it say outright that Tram had been converted.

She looked around at the faces in sudden fear. Today their bloodlust had been sated, and she was safe. But what the night would bring was anyone’s guess.

“I’m sorry,” she said to the surrounding faces, as sincerely as she knew how. “But I couldn’t let my house succeed in its quest for peace. That would have resulted in the death of us all.”

Before turning to walk away, she said proudly, “But I am not a servant of Ruin, and I shall never be.”

More to come. :) 

18 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Well played. :P 

Why thank you. :P 

19 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Storms! I was right!  :o What do you have to say for your self Elb? 

I'm very sorry for being a murdering lying traitor. I promise to never ever do it again. :) Better? :P