The Facepalming Avatar Club

On 7/7/2016 at 5:20 PM, Elenion said:

Yes, I am in fact 19 months and one day older than Ecthelion III, although I have little idea how you deduced that, @Daniyah.

As for the Ecthelion titling, my brother's username is based off of Ecthelion, a fictional character from The Lord of the Rings who slew a Balrog with his helmet (although he did die in the process). In LOTR there is also Ecthelion II, a miscellaneous Steward of Gondor. My brother's character, therefore, is Ecthelion III. My username, although it sounds a bit like Ecthelion, is actually a corrupted form of an Elven word.

I haven't read Lord of the Rings in a really, really long time.

Are... are there details on how he managed that? Was it like someone who plays a video game with a no-kill run, or does a Nuzelock pokemon run? Like, he thought killing Balrogs was too easy, so he decided to use the worst weapon he could find?

Enquiring minds want -no, need- to know. 

3 hours ago, Quiver said:

I haven't read Lord of the Rings in a really, really long time.

Are... are there details on how he managed that? Was it like someone who plays a video game with a no-kill run, or does a Nuzelock pokemon run? Like, he thought killing Balrogs was too easy, so he decided to use the worst weapon he could find?

Enquiring minds want -no, need- to know. 

He took on that single Balrog (actually Gothmog, lord of the Balrogs) in a one-on-one duel, but his sword was shattered in the fighting. He rammed the spiked top of the helmet into the Balrog's chest, and both fell into a large pool. The Balrog's fire was quenched, but Ecthelion died from a combination of burns, the fall, and drowning.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...