About Emoticons

Haelbarde

So, a few questions.

@Chaos Once upon a time you said you'd consider adding some of the emoticons I had made here or here. Now that the forum has been updated, is that still something that could happen? Would I need to make HD versions to go along with them? I know that the vanilla version of the current IPS has HD emotes, but if the emotes haven't been upgraded, that wouldn't be a thing. Also, the one new emote is blush.png, which is mapped to :$. It'd be neat if that could be added, at the very least.

The other question more relates to everyone else. I think it'd be nice to have :/ get replaced with :unsure: (currently ;unsure;), :| with :mellow: (currently ;mellow;) and XD with :lol: (currently ;lol;). I know I use :/, :|, and XD a fair amount, and never use 'unsure' 'mellow' or 'lol' to get them replaced with the emote. What are people's thoughts on those changes? Do people use the mellow/lol/unsure things?

For reference, the new defaults for the vanilla boards are:

Spoiler

:huh: is o.O and is currently ;huh;

:blink: is O.o and is currently ;blink;

:angry: is  >:( and is currently ;angry;

:wacko: is :S and is currently ;wacko;

:wub: is :x and is currently ;wub;

:rolleyes: is 9_9 and is currently ;rolleyes;

Edit: Probably the main emotes that I've made that I think'd be cool to have built in would be these 4:  raisedeyebrow@2x.png.155a69a2ef6fb3b24100362d5198b42c.pngsuspicious@2x.png.b5684b36040d4fbdc39f8fa41103cddc.pngXD@2x.png.24f6efd02c99f10bf6ad23947f849675.pngevilgrin.png

Edited by Haelbarde

I currently just use the :P, and sometimes O.o (which could also be o.O). Oh, and :/. This is basically because I couldn't be bothered to remember all the different ':something:' codes so I guess I agree with ya about the whole adding stuff like :/ to the auto-changer thing. 

(Also Hael now might be the time to change your sig)

Now that I've actually used the mobile version, it does look like HD emots are a thing. Just going to put all the emotes here to test - Rolleyes didn't seem to have a HD version...

:mellow::huh:^_^:o;):P:D:lol:B):rolleyes:-_-<_<:):wub::angry::(:unsure::wacko::blink::ph34r:

Edit:

So ones with a HD version: ^_^:o;):P:D-_-:):(:ph34r:
Ones without: :mellow::huh::lol:B):rolleyes:<_<:wub::angry::unsure::wacko::blink:
HD versions do exist for those others - is that it just not working for me, or are they not available on the site?

Edited by Haelbarde

We can definitely get new emoticons in. For some reason some of our emoticons aren't in HD, but if you happen to have the HD ones, I can easily update them, as well as the mappings. For the new ones, if we got them HD-ified that would be awesome. I'm not sure what dimensions that would need to be, so I will need to look.

Just now, Chaos said:

We can definitely get new emoticons in. For some reason some of our emoticons aren't in HD, but if you happen to have the HD ones, I can easily update them, as well as the mappings. For the new ones, if we got them HD-ified that would be awesome. I'm not sure what dimensions that would need to be, so I will need to look.

I'll jump right across to my IP.board demo and grab download the HD ones. Shall I just drag them in here?

Alright, here they are:

Spoiler

mellow@2x.pnghuh@2x.pnglaugh@2x.pngcool@2x.pngrolleyes@2x.pngdry@2x.pngwub@2x.pngangry@2x.pngunsure@2x.pngwacko@2x.pngblink@2x.pngblush@2x.pngblush.png

missingEmotes.zip

Edit: Put them in a zip file, so you don't have to go through and save them individually. HD ones are 80x80 pixels, opposed to the 20x20 pixels of the SD ones. I'll see what I can do with creating HD versions of mine.

Edited by Haelbarde

So here's some of the ones I've made:

Spoiler

raisedeyebrow@2x.pngskeptical.pngRaised Eyebrow: ':| 
suspicious@2x.pngskeptical2.png Seriously? / Suspicious: 
evilgrin@2x.pngevilgrin.png Evil Grin: >:) 
evilbiggrin@2x.pngevilgrin.png Evil Big Grin: >:D 
vampire@2x.pngvampire.png Vampire
crying@2x.pngcrying7.png Crying: :'(
XD@2x.pngXD.png My version of XD

Zip of the ones I've made: Custom Emotes.zip

Should I try upscale the book reading emotes?

Edited by Haelbarde

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

I use it as "that's awkward/unfortunate/negative but not sad or angry." 

Okay. Would :unsure: be close? What would make it not quite right?

And my current attempt at up-scaling the reading emote. Thoughts?ReadingBook@2x.gif

1 hour ago, Ecthelion III said:

Love it!

(Except--he's reading right to left.) :/

My sister has also pointed that out. I've actually fixed it, but I hadn't got around to uploading it yet. WoK.gifWoK@2x.gifWoR.gifWoR@2x.gif
AoL@2x.gifSoS@2x.gifBoM@2x.gif

Edited by Haelbarde

@Chaos While I think of it, I'm slightly curious on your thoughts about the vampire emote. We don't exactly need a vampire emoticon, but I thought it was sorta cool :P

Edit:

@Chaos The other thought I had is it's possible that the emotes could have different names. I think that the HD ones are automatically recognized based on having the same name as the normal one but with '@2x' added to them. Did you want me to upload the full set too?

Edited by Haelbarde

• 3 weeks later...

@Chaos On holidays now, so got time to mess with stuff again. I've made HD versions of a few more, but I wasn't sure which ones you were actually interested in adding - the book emotes, for instance, need some modification, if you were going to add those. The standard emotes are fine, but I think the zip I added up above is out of date now...

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@Assassin in Burgundy knows how to use those. He should be able to help you.

I saw them in someone's signature and copy and pasted them. I think there's another thread for them. I'll see if I can find it. 

EDIT: Here it is. Sprenmoticons.

EDIT 2: I think @Zathoth had a Cthulhu one also. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

9 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

@Haelbarde, since you seem to know about the emojis, I've seen people use an animated shardblade emoji before. Do you know anything about that and how would I use it? 

They've linked you to where to find them. As far as using them, you have two options. You can copy the image url of the emoticon, and paste it into a post where you want to use it. Alternatively, you can save the image to your computer and then add it as an attachment to a post. That way, it'll appear in your history of attachments, which will make it easier to access them again, or when you're on mobile.