State of mistborn videogame

When asked during the Shadows of Self and Calamity tours he said that they are still trying to get it made, but he still hasn't seen any playable builds or anything.  He's said that for the time being it's pretty much vaporware.  He still likes the guys who are doing it though.

Two months ago Brandon said: "Status of the game is...not looking good. (sorry.) After a series of setbacks at the game studio, I'm not sure if we'll ever see this."

Not surprising. It hasn't been at E3 in a long time. I doubt we would see it here, and if not, it is almost certainly total vaporware.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I would've loved to see an official Mistborn game, maybe with Allomancy done similar to the gameplay of Assassin's Creed with some changes for accuracy sake. Maybe Team Sanderson could try getting Telltale Games to make a game since they make some good games based off of stuff from Fables to Guardians of the Galaxy to even Minecraft. I'm sure they would do Mistborn justice, especially if they have a fan on the team.

20 hours ago, AnonymousFan said:

That's very very very sad. Does anyone know if he is planning on releasing the production rights to another company?

Not that I am aware of. I want to say that I read somewhere that Brandon or Peter would try to to contact CD Projekt RED and see if they were interested. They were the ones who made the Witcher video game series so they have the precedent of working on novels to books. Fantastic company as well. But honestly, I think it is a long shot, so don't get your hopes up. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.8.2017 at 2:38 AM, Draginon said:

I would've loved to see an official Mistborn game, maybe with Allomancy done similar to the gameplay of Assassin's Creed with some changes for accuracy sake. Maybe Team Sanderson could try getting Telltale Games to make a game since they make some good games based off of stuff from Fables to Guardians of the Galaxy to even Minecraft. I'm sure they would do Mistborn justice, especially if they have a fan on the team.

Ugh,definately not TellTale Games. Once you've played one of their games, you've played them all. The plot and character changes, but the gameplay is always the same. I would much rather play a roleplaying game, with Sanderson's quite unique world building and magic systems it would be a shame to just have all the action be about pressing right button at a right time (aka TellTale Games way). So... someone like Obsidian Entertainment could work,

2 hours ago, Flou said:

Ugh,definately not TellTale Games. Once you've played one of their games, you've played them all. The plot and character changes, but the gameplay is always the same. I would much rather play a roleplaying game, with Sanderson's quite unique world building and magic systems it would be a shame to just have all the action be about pressing right button at a right time (aka TellTale Games way). So... someone like Obsidian Entertainment could work,

I was thinking Telltale because they do great games that are about characters and story, something Brandon excels at. That doesn't mean they're the only company who can do justice to Brandon's work, I just don't know all the companies out there since many would try to change the core essence of his works to fit their own ideas.

• 5 months later...

@Draginon lol i know im super late to the party and this thread is like 6 months old but i would love it if bethesda produced it honestly. you know, a fallout/skyrim style game with pickpocketing and stealing and that sort of thing? i think bethesda would make it incredibly

• Chaos locked this topic