Okay, anyone know the actual release date?

PallonianFire

I've looked three places, and gotten three different release dates (June 21st, June 25th, and July 5th).

In fact, this whole lead-up to the release has been weird. There haven't been any official press releases about it, that I've seen, and only a couple small previews that have popped up at Tor, io9, etc. I just feel like a typical Sanderson release has a lot more hoopla and coverage than this has gotten.

Yeah, even Dynamite hasn't done much with it. Their website is all Vampirella and The Spirit and stuff. You would think someone would be trying to get the word out.

Now, their website says 6/22, so that seems likely. However, Amazon says 6/28. That's not necessarily a discrepancy, though. Dynamite might be offering the book early to people who buy it directly from them (for $5 more than what Amazon is selling it for).

Update: Peter Ahlstrom says, via Twitter, that Dynamite told them it would hit comics shops on 6/29. Diamond, the distributor, confirms that on their website, and it furthermore says that the date was originally 6/22 and was pushed to 6/29. Dynamite's info is probably outdated (and that would certainly fit with my assertion, above, that they can hardly be bothered with the book). The question is, is Comixology's date still correct? The one-week delay in getting to stores surely has to be a printing issue, so the digital version shouldn't be affected. 

Amazon is probably displaying 6/28 because new books come out on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays like comics.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it - for me, I got the GN for (digital) review and the release date is listed as 7/5 (which I only say because I can't post my review until a week before). My Amazon preorder stills lists the receive date as 6/28, but I often don't get updates to that until like, the day of so :shrugs:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 0:29 PM, DSC01 said:

Yeah, even Dynamite hasn't done much with it. Their website is all Vampirella and The Spirit and stuff. You would think someone would be trying to get the word out.

Dynamite has been running advertisements in their own comic books. So if you read Gold Key Alliance, you know all about it! :P

I just pre-ordered, and it says June 28th release, but for the delivery estimate they say:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

So, even though they say it releases on the 28th, it looks to me like they have no idea when it's coming out.

17 hours ago, PallonianFire said:

I stopped in my local B&N yesterday, and they said they'd have it in-store on the 28th.

Yeah my LCBS said it would be out on the 28th or 29th--I don't remember. I'll get an email when it's ready for pick-up so I think around those two dates is a reasonable release date.

3 hours ago, Titan Arum said:

I received an email from Amazon saying it'll arrive June 30th. I was hoping it'd arrive the 28th so that I could take it with me on my backpacking trip. Oh well, I'm excited to read it, even if I don't like graphic novels!

I received an email saying I get release day (June 28th) delivery... hmmm, that is odd. Perhaps you live further from a distribution point?

32 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

I received an email saying I get release day (June 28th) delivery... hmmm, that is odd. Perhaps you live further from a distribution point?

I have Amazon Prime which usually turns into one day delivery for me since I live in a giant metropolitan area. Mine may be delayed because I only placed my order for a copy two days ago?

14 minutes ago, Titan Arum said:

I have Amazon Prime which usually turns into one day delivery for me since I live in a giant metropolitan area. Mine may be delayed because I only placed my order for a copy two days ago?

Hmm, perhaps that is the reason. I, too, live in a densely populated area (San Jose, CA) so my wife and I enjoy the same benefit of having most stuff delivered in one day. I am sorry for your loss! Hopefully the backpacking trip will still be a huge success even without the book! :) 

1 hour ago, WayneSpren said:

I'll probably end up buying the eBook on the 28th in addition to ordering the real copy. I did this when my copy of BoM came a day late.

I would normally get an ebook too, but a colored graphic novel just won't cut it with black e-ink on a kindle.