Sanderson "Would you Rather"

3 hours ago, Orion the Infinite said:

Dirt, because I at least know what it is.

Would you rather be a Lurcher or a Skimmer?

Lurcher, though I would have to start practicing dodging stuff.

Would you rather be stuck with an angry Dalinar for an hour, or listen to Charles the Pterodactyl (or Pteridactle,Pterydactle,Pterrodactlye, Pterradactyl) lecture you on the strangeness of Hushlander culture? 

Since there seems to have been a simultaneous post of answers, I'll respond to the first followup question and let the second stand for the next person.

On 3/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, kenod said:

Would you rather have to live on Dayside Taldain, or a Fainlife invested Yolen?

Taldain, it seems like a really neat planet and it's entirely survivable as long as you know how to get water and how to avoid the sandlings. Plus, possible visits to Darkside. Yolen's tempting but I think I can wait until Brandon reveals it to us and then learn about it safe in the comfort of my reading chair.

And for whoever's next:

On 3/14/2017 at 3:52 PM, I am Witless said:

Would you rather be stuck with an angry Dalinar for an hour, or listen to Charles the Pterodactyl (or Pteridactle,Pterydactle,Pterrodactlye, Pterradactyl) lecture you on the strangeness of Hushlander culture? 

On 3/16/2017 at 6:15 PM, Orion the Infinite said:

Probably angry Dalinar, though that is a tough contest.

Would you rather be an aluminum misting or a risthmatist with no chalk? (I am aware that The Rithmatist isn't cosmere.)

(It's fine :) No need to worry about cosmere/noncosmere. It's all Sanderson related content).

Rithmatist with no chalk. I could probably find some somewhere...

Would you rather have the Shard of Odium or Ruin?

Ruin. It's not the pure evil but rather the Shard of change and in its coexistence with preservation absolutely necessary for every life on Scadrial. While Odium is hate

Would you rather have a random Smedry talent or a boon and curse of the Nightwatcher?

Smedry Talent, we know that with enough creativity you can make any of those awesome while you can never be too sure what you'll get out of the Nightwatcher.

Would you rather be forced to read a romance novel with Sadeas as the protagonist or a ten volume treatise on the use of Chulls in agriculture?

9 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Smedry Talent, we know that with enough creativity you can make any of those awesome while you can never be too sure what you'll get out of the Nightwatcher.

Would you rather be forced to read a romance novel with Sadeas as the protagonist or a ten volume treatise on the use of Chulls in agriculture?

Ten volume treatise. I could probably learn a lot about Rosharan agriculture, which would be interesting. Besides, the treatise wouldn't make me want to tear out my eyes. 

Would you rather be stranded in the Cognitive Realm, somewhere between the planets with no idea where you are, or lost in the middle of the Taldain deserts (desert being an area without water-vines).

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Figberts said:

Death in the cognitive realm is less painful. 

Would you rather be Ruin's vessel or Odium's vessel?

Odium's Vessel. At least I will still be alive. Besides, I get to travel to so many different planets. That makes me something of an interstellar tourist. Or a genocidal astronaut? Sounds cool, doesn't it? 

Would you rather be a Herald or a Returned? 

ChayShan. I don't know, it just seems cool, while Bloodsealing... well, it's not quite human sacrifice, but it comes a bit close for my liking. Even if I did like that character from TES.

Would you rather live in the Fractured States or the United Isles of America?

The United Isles of America. 

The Fratured States are filled with Epics who are basically super-powered serial killers, while the wild Chalklings are practically all confined to the Tower of Nebrask. Remember, there is also Obliteration who is a living, breathing, walking Weapon of Mass Destruction. 

Would you rather fight wild Chalklings or a Koloss army? 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zennix said:

Would you rather be a Mistborn or a Surgebinder? 

Mistborn, because getting metals in our society isn't that hard, while carrying around a bunch of glass-covered gemstones and leaving them on your roof during thunderstorms would provoke some pretty awkward questions. Also, a Mistborn has a much higher diversity of powers. Surgebinders can do a couple pretty awesome things, but Mistborn can fly using Steel/Iron, hulk up with Pewter, Soothe their parents and friends, Riot people's feelings of attraction to you, and so much more.

If you had to commit murder, would you rather kill Sadeas or Camon?

1 hour ago, Figberts said:

Sadeas. Camon is a petty bully, Sadeas is a corrupt politician. Maybe Sadeas would be... oh crap, no politics on the forums :(.

Would you rather eat Chouta or Scadrian waffles?

I'll go with the waffles (though I didn't even know Scadrial had waffles), because Chouta doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Would you rather face a Steel Inquisitor or the Assassin in White?

2 hours ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

I'll go with the waffles (though I didn't even know Scadrial had waffles), because Chouta doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Would you rather face a Steel Inquisitor or the Assassin in White?

The Assassin in White, because then I will a.) die quickly and relatively painlessly (assuming he is using his shardblade), b.) not possibly be forced into becoming a Steel Inquisitor, and c.) my killer will feel sorry for killing me.

Would you rather be a bridgeman (Beginning of WoK)  or a skaa (Beginning of TFE)?

A skaa. 

At least I get to live longer, marry and have kids. I may even join the underground and earn some wealth. If I'm lucky, I might even Snap and become a skaa Mistborn. 

Would you rather be a skaa Seeker or a skaa Smoker in the Final Empire? 

5 hours ago, CarolaDavar said:

Would you rather fight young Dalinar or young Sadeas?

Young Sadeas. Young Daliner would beat the chull droppings out of you, while young Sadeas needs the chull droppings beaten out of him. (Not literally, but you get my point)

Would you rather have as your girlfriend Shallan or Vin? (note that this is, of course, assuming they're both single)