General gushing

Ward

I just wanted to create a space for those who really don't have much to add in terms of theory or questions, but just wanted to gush a bit on how much they love the combined works of Brandon Sanderson.

I'll start.

*ahem*

I love it so much. I'm an engineer by trade, so often have to shove down that analytical side of my brain when seeking entertainment, whether it's a superhero movie (that dude running at supersonic speed doesn't "save" that girl, he kills her just as surely as the train would!) or the various soft magicks of Harry Potter and company. Then came Brandon, and suddenly magic mechanics had clear limits and made sense and could be hacked.

I'm not very good at predicting things (I'm more just along for the ride), so I always buckle up for the last 50-100 pages of every book, because I know Brandon is going to blow me away. And I'm never disappointed.

Hrathen is my all time favorite antagonist.

I love that Brandon listens to Daft Punk while writing Szeth.

I love it so much. I'm an engineer by trade, so often have to shove down that analytical side of my brain when seeking entertainment, whether it's a superhero movie (that dude running at supersonic speed doesn't "save" that girl, he kills her just as surely as the train would!) or the various soft magicks of Harry Potter and company. Then came Brandon, and suddenly magic mechanics had clear limits and made sense and could be hacked.

As a fellow engineer, it's just beautiful to see!

• Chaos locked this topic