So this isn't technically a full theory because of lack of evidence, mostly seeing what people think.

Fist we have to ask the question, "was Adonalsium always Adonalsium, or did he pick it up." Seriously we need someone to ask that question, and unless Brandon Sanderson decides to visit Turkey, there is little chance of me being able to ask him.

Moving on, I had an idea that Sazed would end up being the complete Adonalsium. It just makes sense to me. Unfortunately, because it makes so much sense, Brandon Sanderson will probably not do that. :)

The reason it makes sense to me, is that Harmony is currently getting attacked by another shard, and, if he wins, he would probably take on that shard too. (Although, if he is being attacked by Odium, he would probably need to take a more positive shard too, because Odium and Ruin would probably outweigh Preservation.)

Anyway, I think that there will probably end up being another Adonalsium, the question is, will it be Sazed. (If you don't think a new Adonalsium makes sense, please tell me in the comments. I have no problem with my theory being disproved.)

Another Adonalsium makes sense. It would obviously take many, many books for it to happen, but still sounds plausible. About it being Sazed though, I'm not sure. Like you said, because it makes sense for Harmony to become Adonalsium, Brandon might not do it. He seems to like doing the unexpected.

I'm curious that "adonalsium" has the suffix "ium," much like the god metals of Scadrial (i.e. Atium, Lerasium).  Knowing that Adonai is a Hebrew word for God, it's possible that this idea of "adonalsium" is just the super epic power that humans attributed to God (who may exist in the Great Beyond of the Spiritual Realm in the cosmere).

Think about it - over time, humans attain access to the power of divinity, they fight about it, the power is split up, epic quest to reunite the power...then they fight about it again, the power is split up...rinse, lather, and repeat.

I lean more towards adonalsium being the culmination of Investiture force/power that humans discovered in the Spiritual Realm in the ancient past.  Could Sazed be the one to gather the power together again?  He tricked us once before by hiding his role in the narrative behind a bunch of other leading characters, so I wouldn't put it past him!

I think Harmony can't pick other Shards for his own Intent (or Intents). If someone want to rebuild Adonlasium probably Harmony will be the last to pick.

Spoiler from future mistborn books

If I don't remember wrong, we have a quote from the fourth Mistborn trilogy, something like "Sazed: You may have it" that seems to suggest that Sazed would give Harmony to someone else.

I think Harmony can't pick other Shards for his own Intent (or Intents). If someone want to rebuild Adonlasium probably Harmony will be the last to pick.

Spoiler from future mistborn books

If I don't remember wrong, we have a quote from the fourth Mistborn trilogy, something like "Sazed: You may have it" that seems to suggest that Sazed would give Harmony to someone else.

What?!? We have quotes from the final Mistborn trilogy? Could you give a source for this? I didn't know such information existed!

• 1 year later...

Splintered shards can be repaired.

CHAOS

Is Splintering a Shard permanent?

BRANDON SANDERSON

No.

Source

The quote from Hoid that you're thinking about refers to his own soul, not necessarily a Shard.

“I will do what I can to help,” Wit said, “and for that reason, I must go. I cannot risk too much, because if he finds me, then I become nothing—a soul shredded and broken into pieces that cannot be reassembled. What I do here is more dangerous than you could ever know.”

It's been theorized that Hoid is trying to do exactly this, and his goal so far is to get Investiture and Connection from every Shard.

We've seen this with the Lerasium bead, the Moon Scepter, Breath, and an attempt to become Elantrian. It's been theorized that he took Talanel's Honorblade too, but that's been refuted by WoB.

Just a reminder, sometimes threads that are a year or so old don't have all the knowledge we do now. Unless you have some really pertinent new information, it might be best to create a new topic and just link the old one.

On 5/28/2016 at 5:48 AM, VirtuousTraveller said:

What?!? We have quotes from the final Mistborn trilogy? Could you give a source for this? I didn't know such information existed!

On 10/7/2015 at 8:14 PM, Chaos said:

Someone asked for a "future quote from Harmony." Brandon said that no one had ever asked that before. He wasn't sure if the quote would be exact, so we'll need to check back around Mistborn 9, but he wrote in the book: "It is yours." That's awesome. ...

On 5/27/2016 at 11:07 AM, VirtuousTraveller said:

I'm curious that "adonalsium" has the suffix "ium," much like the god metals of Scadrial (i.e. Atium, Lerasium).  Knowing that Adonai is a Hebrew word for God, it's possible that this idea of "adonalsium" is just the super epic power that humans attributed to God (who may exist in the Great Beyond of the Spiritual Realm in the cosmere).

I cant find the specific one that i'm looking for, but there is a WoB saying that Adonalsium is a separate thing (whether a being/entity, or just a power) from the God Beyond. Adonalsium is the god of the cosmere (lowercase g), and the God Beyond (uppercase G) is definitely at least the God of The Beyond where people go where they die. He may or may not be also related to the 3 realms and the cosmere, but we know that He exists outside of them. The same applies to The Beyond and the spiritual realm, they are two separate places.

• Chaos locked this topic