Really idiot and useless question( spoiler BOM)

Elendtheking

Some people thinks that the Souvereign left them Hemalurgic Spike to give some Metalborn powers to the population, or some Master Medallion with they can't compound other Medallions.

If I recall correctly, Suit said that they couldn't figure out the southerners refilled the heat medallions, so we don't actually know either. There are a couple of theories that have been posted, if you look through the Bands sub-forum. I think they Compound to fill medallions, having received powers through Hemalurgy. It's also possible that they use ettmetal to provide the Investiture to fill metalminds. Lastly, there are some terms that Allik used (Firemothers and Firefathers, Excisors) which are not understood completely; there could easily be an entirely new phenomenon that is used to fill medallions.

But, the big answer is, we don't know, since Brandon hasn't told us yet.

Edited by Pagerunner

If I recall correctly, Suit said that they couldn't figure out the southerners refilled the heat medallions, so we don't actually know either. There are a couple of theories that have been posted, if you look through the Bands sub-forum. I think they Compound to fill medallions, having received powers through Hemalurgy. It's also possible that they use ettmetal to provide the Investiture to fill metalminds. Lastly, there are some terms that Allik used (Firemothers and Firefathers, Excisors) which are not understood completely; there could easily be an entirely new phenomenon that is used to fill medallions.

But, the big answer is, we don't know, since Brandon hasn't told us yet.

Or they could have done something where they have the Firemothers and Fathers who are standing in a giant bonfire (such that they don't burn), and have their heat constantly drained into unsealed brassminds, like Kelesina's unkeyed goldmind being drained from Destra (Templeton Fig's skeletal wife).  That's a Hemalurgy trick, but probably not an easy one to test for without access to the Fireparents themselves.  

I read it as the fire mothers and fathers were people who were super rare and worshipped, that could fill the metal minds. They are obviously completely responsible for the existence of their race, so probably plays into their worship of metal born.

• Chaos locked this topic