Patron Shard of ...

Jondesu

Most of us are familiar with the concept of patron saints, or patron gods, such as St Christopher, the patron saint of travelers, or Hermes/Mercury, the closest equivalent in Greek and Roman mythology. Which Shards would be the patron saints of occupations, roles, people and animals, or locations? (This is just for fun, not serious speculation about the Cosmere.)

Obviously, Cultivation would be the Patron Shard of gardeners and farmers, but also potentially artists.

Ruin would be the Patron Shard of demolition, while Preservation would be the Patron Shard of cryogenics. :-P

Harmony could be the Patron Shard of butchers (ruining but then preserving), but of course also of honest politicians.

Odium would be the Patron Shard of terrorism, though perhaps of something less terrible too?

What other Patron Shards would you offer your spiritweb to?

jW

Autonomy - freedom fighters, revolutionists, all the people that are (should be) independent from governments and watch them. Oh, so probably also hackers. And Anonymous.

Could also be the Patron Shard of Rehab/Physical Therapy, and Teenagers. O_o

jW

Odium could be patron Shard of war of conquest, revenge, vigilantism, storms maybe? Devotion as a patron Shard of love (duh.), patriots, war of defence, loyalty, but also fanaticism and zeal. 

But I'd chose Endowment, patron Shard of gifts, life, Christmas season, birthdays, charities, multimillionaires with too much money, pay days, good mood, talent and the mythical FreeLCs.

Don't forget, sometimes these can be tangential, not about the Shards intent. Ati/Ruin could be the Patron Shard of redheads, for example.

jW

Tanavast and Cultivation as patron Shard of relationships? Tanavast as patron Shard of buying others drinks?  ;)

Odium could be patron Shard of war of conquest, revenge, vigilantism, storms maybe? Devotion as a patron Shard of love (duh.), patriots, war of defence, loyalty, but also fanaticism and zeal. 

But I'd chose Endowment, patron Shard of gifts, life, Christmas season, birthdays, charities, multimillionaires with too much money, pay days, good mood, talent and the mythical FreeLCs.

And now I imagine Endowment as Santa... and now I imagine Vasher as Santa... I greatly enjoy this mental image...

He would be the most unjolly Santa ever. "Ok kid have present. No dont cry! Oh great parents. What am I doing in your house? Just delivering gifts." *Escapes*

Cosmere Santa has tasseled clothes.

Ruin is the patron shard of nuclear fission

Devotion is the patron shard of long distance runners

Adonalsium is the patron shard of Sanderson books and the Internet (because they're everything ;))

• Chaos locked this topic