Are there any 1-syllable Epics?

breakingamber

Read the title. In Brandon Sanderson canon, are there any Epic names which are 1-syllable? I can't think of any. This includes Epics that David has mentioned.

BTW, Epic names only. Knox is the name of the person before Calamity, so it's technically not his Epic name.

Epics choose their names themselves, so there is no reason their couldn't be. Although, I can't think of a reason why you would settle on a one syllable name, if you can instead use something fancy.

Same reason there's a singer who goes by "Pink"; sometimes a one-syllable word can be more catchy and memorable than something longer.

Same reason there's a singer who goes by "Pink"; sometimes a one-syllable word can be more catchy and memorable than something longer.

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD PINK!

also, "Fear" makes quite a good Epic name.

• 2 weeks later...

Limelight was never a name Prof chose for himself, and he only ever used it because David pulled it out of his rear when laying down a false trail. If you're going to use that as an argument, it's a very shaky one and only valid in the broadest sense of the word "technical." 

While you are correct that Limelight wasn't a name that Prof assumed himself, it is strongly suggested throughout Calamity that it is the name Prof is using (publicly at least). Because of this I think calling him Limelight is pretty reasonable.

While you are correct that Limelight wasn't a name that Prof assumed himself, it is strongly suggested throughout Calamity that it is the name Prof is using (publicly at least). Because of this I think calling him Limelight is pretty reasonable.

Not really, they spread the name during their fight with Steelheart and people found out afterwards that it was actually Epic Prof that fought him (leaving aside how Steelheart actually died here), so they just would have letched on to that, no matter what name he actually choose. It only means he didn't bothered/managed to correct them.

Edited by Edgedancer

• Chaos locked this topic