How do you think Demoux became a worldwhopper?

Elendtheking

Hello everyone.

Today, I am going to ask you a simple question: How do you think Demoux became cosmere aware and a worldwhopper.

I think it was Kelsier that told him about the cosmere and that his atium powers made him able to world travel.

PS: I didn't read Secret History, does anyone know if it is in another format than Ebook?

Enjoy your day.

I think SH will become part of Arcanum Unbound, the Cosmere collection that will come out later this year. Until then I think it will stay as an e-book.

This is a very interesting question. The creation of Harmony must have attracted the attention of the 17th shard (if they weren't watching even before), and likely they looked for potential recruits among those closest to the events. It wouldn't surprise me if Breeze and the others were asked, or at least considered, as well.

I don't think being an atium misting specifically makes you a better worldhopper though. Maybe people with more Investiture in general have an easier time, but not specifically those who can burn atium. Who knows, though?

I think there's a WoB saying that Demoux is a 17th because of his wife (the terris one in the end of HoA), so the question would rather be: how his wife became a member of the 17th?

Edited by Dracnor

Good Question/Idea.  I am not sure she is Terris, however, the Terris world hopper is Female.  I think I found the WoB you were talking about. I edited out the 4 questions not pertaining to the point.

LIGHTYLANTERN (REDDIT)

Thanks a lot for doing this, Brandon. You're my favourite author, and I have a million things I want to ask you, but since I'm not the only one asking questions, I'll ask the ones most important to me.

2. In The Hero of Ages, Demoux gets together with a woman named Aslydin. He's then seen on Roshar in The Way of Kings. Knowing how loyal Demoux is, he wouldn't just leave Aslydin behind like that. Is she connected to his reasons for becoming a member of the Seventeenth Shard?

BRANDON SANDERSON (REDDIT)

2) Aslydin is in the Seventeeth Shard, and had her own work to be about. I've given subtle clues about her before, but the ethnicity of the name should strike you.

Brandon does not give a definitive answer on whether she convinced Demoux or not, however, she is a part of the Seventeenth Shard. 

So the question would rather be: how his wife became a member of the 17th?

I just don't know this one.
Edited by Magestar

• Chaos locked this topic