What if your fear is death?

kroen

yeah, perhaps seeing another Epic die or be defeated (by anyone other than them) would trigger their weakness?

Which would be an interesting weakness to have.

Reckoner would be able to take them out pretty easily then since they have a resurrection Epic on hand :P

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, OnlyDreaming said:

What if you were just plain terrified of being an epic? How would that affect someone? 

Just letting you know, you just necroposted. That is usually pretty frowned upon, so try not to comment on posts that have been inactive for a long time(three months is my marker).

16 hours ago, Jedal said:

Just letting you know, you just necroposted. That is usually pretty frowned upon, so try not to comment on posts that have been inactive for a long time(three months is my marker).

@Jedal, It's perfectly fine if the person posting in an old topic has a point to add that would be out of place in a new topic. :)

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

18 hours ago, OnlyDreaming said:

What if you were just plain terrified of being an epic? How would that affect someone? 

I think that if you were an Epic and your fear was your own abilities, it would provide for some interesting conflict. Would be an intriguing topic to base a fanfic off of. ;)

8 hours ago, bleeder said:

I think that if you were an Epic and your fear was your own abilities, it would provide for some interesting conflict. Would be an intriguing topic to base a fanfic off of. ;)

I thought of something like that once. I called the guy Everyman, and the cool part of the story was that while he was a High Epic with a heaping of OP abilities, he could only use them sparsely because he had a fear of being unique. So, each time he would use his powers, he could only access their complete strength for a short time, before he lost the majority of power.

Also, why did I get a downvote? I was trying to be helpful.

What if, as FDR suggested, the only thing the Epic feared was fear itself?

That can't work, really, because surely one thing every Epic fears at some level is losing their powers, so if just being afraid of losing your powers would lose you your powers, you're kind of in a pretty bad place.

1 minute ago, robardin said:

What if, as FDR suggested, the only thing the Epic feared was fear itself?

That can't work, really, because surely one thing every Epic fears at some level is losing their powers, so if just being afraid of losing your powers would lose you your powers, you're kind of in a pretty bad place.

I think, as an Epic, minor fears have no effect on the potency of your powers, but that one big fear is what affects your abilities.

Just now, bleeder said:

I think, as an Epic, minor fears have no effect on the potency of your powers, but that one big fear is what affects your abilities.

Right, and it's a deep fear of something that is rooted in your pre-Epic life, so it couldn't ever be a fear of losing your Epicness. (I was just messing around anyway.)

• 1 month later...

I remember that David once explained that Epic powers could be negated if they thought about certain things, So perhaps if they thought about the idea of dying, and why specifically it scares them, then that would negate their powers. 

Just guessing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to be more specific, is he/she afraid  of their own death, the idea of death, other's deaths, or just the idea of death?.:huh:

Oo. Oo. Or do they think Death is a person or thing and they are afraid of it?

I just realized I put "the idea of death" twice. :mellow:

Edited by frost
added something

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:45 PM, kroen said:

Also, what if you were a parent whose greatest fear was your children dying, and then you became an Epic and killed your children in your Rending. 

1. Does that mean you faced your fears and somehow banished the darkness? that doesn't sound right.

2. What is your weakness now? your children are already dead.

In Calamity, it's revealed that Prof's weakness is failure, but David doesn't  make Prof fail to negate his powers, rather, he just reminded Prof that he had failed by becoming evil, killing his own team and killing Tia.  Similarly, all you would have to do in this situation is remind the Epic that they killed their children.