Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?

Young Bard

Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intend to buy the Graphic Novel?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't made up my mind yet

Does convincing your local library to get it count as buying it?

I can't buy a copy myself, but I got my librarians to order it which is awesome otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to find a copy to read.

Edited by Recca

• 2 weeks later...

As much as it pains me as an avid Sanderson fan I don't think I will buy it.

I may get it when it's finished and bundled up for a reasonable price. Paying twice as much money for a third of the story and about a tenth of the overall content of a novel is just not worth it. I really love your work, Brandon, but that is really not worth it.

Additionally Brandon said in WoB that if the graphic novel is successfull that that will be the only canon thing they are going to do with White Sand. No Taidar-Novels, only comics. And I really don't like comics. I want my full-blown awesome Novels, Brandon!

Additionally the art-style doesn't even look that good. It looks really messy and a bit rushed to be honest. I have seen free webcomics with better art.

• 7 months later...

I will probably buy it, but I don't think Brandon's works translate well to graphic novel form. His plots and characters go incredibly in-depth and from the excerpt in Arcanum Unbounded, the comic did not fully transfer the depth. They did a wonderful job considering, but, I think Brandon's work needs too much explaining t make a Graphic Novel. But perhaps I'm judging this too harshly and the excerpt did not do well depicting the rest of the story. Also, Ais is female, I have a HUGE problem with that that I would need to get over before buying it.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...