Stormlight Character builds in Dark Souls

NE Windrunner

Hello all,

I'm replaying through Dark Souls 2 before the 3rd one comes out and I had a great idea to do a build based on Kaladin. Then I thought "Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool to do builds of all the main characters?" then I said to myself "Self, that would be awesome but you should see if any sharders have done this or have any ideas on what you could do."

Soooooo here we are! If you have played any souls game and have ideas about any possibility for Stormlight character builds let me know! I would love to do some and post them. This may not be an original idea so if you have done it before it would also be cool to hear what you did for your build.

Hope to hear some cool ideas!

Hello all,

I'm replaying through Dark Souls 2 before the 3rd one comes out and I had a great idea to do a build based on Kaladin. Then I thought "Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool to do builds of all the main characters?" then I said to myself "Self, that would be awesome but you should see if any sharders have done this or have any ideas on what you could do."

Soooooo here we are! If you have played any souls game and have ideas about any possibility for Stormlight character builds let me know! I would love to do some and post them. This may not be an original idea so if you have done it before it would also be cool to hear what you did for your build.

Hope to hear some cool ideas!

How would you go about this?  Radiant powers don't exactly mesh with the Dark Souls magic systems already in place (Gravitation, for example, occurs precisely nowhere in Dark Souls).  Of course, you could just have Kaladin the spear-wielding Dex build, and Shallan the sword and sorcery character (leaving aside that only one sorcery - Chameleon - fits with Illumination or Transformation).  Elantrians would have a vastly truncated moveset, with Aon Daa (the Soul Arrow family of sorceries and hexes), Aon Ashe (Non-Chaos Fire Whip family of pyromancies), and Aon Ien (the Healing miracles) jumping out immediately.  

I know the magics are a little difficult to adapt but I was thinking miracles for Kaladin specifically so you could have the stormlight healing factor as well as Force to mimic at least a bit of a basic lashing even though it only pushes out. I think a lot of it would have to be interpreted liberally and with a bit of imagination as Brandon's magic systems are quite unique but Im thinking with Kal maybe a dex/faith/stam build with the 4th spec being strength. Maybe Dragon Slayer Spear (two hand) as a weapon since that's what I imagine a shard spear to look like. Miracels would be Force, any heal and the one that slows everyone down (not sure what its called). Maybe Faram set chest and legs since in has the long coat tails with no helm.

Obviously this is lacking in a bunch of Kal's surgebinding capabilities but I think there are possibilities.

This would be much easier for non-radiant characters like Adolin as well since you could just go all Str/Sta and give him a giant ultra Greatsword as a shardblade and some full plate as armor, I think Alonne's set would work nicely for shardplate.

Edited by NE Windrunner

Or we could just port the characters over (sans the powers) and ask ourselves "what would they choose"?  That seems like it'd bear better fruit than just trying to kludge the Radiant powersets together.  

Kaladin, for instance, would join the Sunbros immediately, given his hero complex, and go full miracle+DSS spear.  (And yes, this includes the lightning spear miracles in addition to the ones you mentioned).  

Shallan, on the other hand, would go sorceries, and would dump all her souls into buying out the Sorcery Merchant at Firelink's inventory.  For scholarship!

Love it!

Dalinar would totally go Knights of Blue and since we don't know what his Radiant powers really are yet I think he would be a pretty fun build as well. Although, I'm not sure if I would build him with or without shards.

I started working on Kal last night and already have a pseudo Adolin build (Im thinking of putting this one in champions covenant), I will post their stats, weapons, armor and skills in the next couple of days.

Love it!

Dalinar would totally go Knights of Blue and since we don't know what his Radiant powers really are yet I think he would be a pretty fun build as well. Although, I'm not sure if I would build him with or without shards.

I started working on Kal last night and already have a pseudo Adolin build (Im thinking of putting this one in champions covenant), I will post their stats, weapons, armor and skills in the next couple of days.

Current-day Dalinar would probably be a good fit for the Knights of Blue.  Not quite sure about Blackthorn Dalinar, I'm thinking one of the more aggressive PvP covenants for him (Darkwraiths?).  In any event, he'd two-hand a greatsword, and wouldn't choose any miracles or anything beyond that.  

• Chaos locked this topic