The Debate Club

This is a social group where we will debate about anything and everything!

Start a debate or join a current debate! Even if you're not a member feel free to make your voice heard.

Member list:

-ThatTinyStrawMan. Debate club leader

-CarolaDavar. First member

-spencer12347

-TheOnlyJoe

-Delightful

-Voidus

-A peasant among wolves

-Curious Aximander

-The Young Bard

Rules:

-No politics/religion.

-No double posting.

Current debates:

Edited by ThatTinyStrawMan

I will join, depending on the subjects. Hoping for RL international topics like the demilitarization of space and disarmament of WMDs. Of course, I'd be willing to debate things on a smaller scale as well, but I'm best suited to MUN sort of things

Edited by Bugsy6912

I'll probably be around and occasionally contribute but this obviously has the potential to get into dangerous territory so mostly I'll hang around for mod reasons which means I can't be too involved.  :( 
Which is a shame because I do enjoy debating.

Oh and not that sharders ever need this reminder but just a reminder to all to keep things civil, debates are not the same thing as arguments.

Not to mention that you have the following :

-open face sandwiches

-People making a sandwich with one slice of folded bread

-The big Mac which uses three pieces of bread

It would seem that the number of slices of bread is irrelevant to an object's status as a sandwich.

Open face sandwiches aren't sandwiches. The second one is a good point though. And I don't have any experience with big mac's so no comment.

Then what has Subway been serving all this time?

Subs. Duh.

So what are you guy's definition of sandwiches?

Open face sandwiches aren't sandwiches. The second one is a good point though. And I don't have any experience with big mac's so no comment.

Subs. Duh.

So what are you guy's definition of sandwiches?

Thinking about it, I'm inclined to agree with you that open faced sandwiches are not sandwiches. Mainly because I think sandwiches have an "on the go" accessibility to them. Any commestibles that require a fork and knife to eat can't be a sandwich, I believe.

We can do the formal setup for the debates, but in between the official formal debates, I'm going to spar over silly things. :)

I used to do debating. Mad second speaker. ll those rebuttals and annoying team advisors.

Those were the days.

"Cookies are great, give to get mates. Good morning adjudicator, timekeeper and audience. Today, we, the affirmative side, agree that giving cookies get you mates and that they are great. Cookies are a type of baked good typically made with choc chips and sometimes oatmeal. Mates are good friends. At least here in Australia." Oh god. can't continue

EDIT_ Forgot to say I wanted to join and to ask what's the first topic

Edited by A peasant among wolves