reading 10th anniversary vs the normal?

My recommendation would be to just read the new, anniversary edition. It fixes some of the flaws in the first version and isn't actually that different- unless you want to compare them logistically, there's really no reason you need to go back and read the first. The second doesn't take anything away, only adds it.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the changes made on 10th anniversary edition, releated to te flaws in the first version that have been fixed in the new one.

The scene when Raoden "fixes" the Aon Rao formed by Elantris and the four cities has been rewritten, it isn't? I think that in the original Raoden made the line between Kae's wall and Elantris' ones, but in the new one the sceen takes place by the sourthern gate of Elantris, nearby the way to Toa. Is it right?

I hope you can help me with this.

PS. Sorry for the mistakes in my English, it isn't my mother tongue.

I have a question about the changes made on 10th anniversary edition, releated to te flaws in the first version that have been fixed in the new one.

The scene when Raoden "fixes" the Aon Rao formed by Elantris and the four cities has been rewritten, it isn't? I think that in the original Raoden made the line between Kae's wall and Elantris' ones, but in the new one the sceen takes place by the sourthern gate of Elantris, nearby the way to Toa. Is it right?

I hope you can help me with this.

PS. Sorry for the mistakes in my English, it isn't my mother tongue.

That's right.  In addition, Elantris has been re-oriented so that the curved walls face east and west, rather than north and south like in the original.  (If I recall the original correctly)  That way Raoden's new trajectory makes sense.  

• Chaos locked this topic