Blain vs Steelheart

BinaryCupcake

• 2 months later...

I'd bet on Blain because I suspect being in control of his sanity and actively seeking to fight other Epics means he's got better control over their powers and more experience fighting. But even so their invulnerability is really hard to get around. We know that sometimes Prime Invincibilities can be bypassed by sufficiently powerful attacks but it'd be very hard for one of them to put the other in such a situation and manage to survive themselves.

So essentially they fight forever until one of them manages to find some way of hurting the other, and because I think Blain will have a small edge in skill I'd expect him to be the one to find that way. But Calamity only knows how long that would take.

With Invocation not having stuck around, having control over his sanity should be literally effortless, so I'm not sure why you mentioned it at all.

If you don't think SANITY is an advantage in any given situation then you're dead wrong. Take it from someone who has to struggle with sanity every day.

If you don't think SANITY is an advantage in any given situation then you're dead wrong. Take it from someone who has to struggle with sanity every day.

Agreed, I've been there, even if it's not every day, and it's no small matter. Sanity is something we take for granted usually, but not once you've come close to losing it.

jW

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, antgrgmn said:

Couldn't Steelheart be drowned? I thought his only PI was impenetrable skin.  

He's superstrong, can fly, and shoots energy beams from his hands. Good luck drowning him.

But yes, if you could pull it off somehow, I assume he can drown.

jW

Just now, Jondesu said:

He's superstrong, can fly, and shoots energy beams from his hands. Good luck drowning him.

jW

Wouldn't this make him NOT be classified as a High Epic?

Just now, antgrgmn said:

Wouldn't this make him NOT be classified as a High Epic?

He still has a Prime Invincibility, and would still be nearly impossible to kill without figuring out his weakness. I don't recall any reason that would disqualify him as a High Epic.

jW

2 hours ago, antgrgmn said:

In chapter 13 of Steelheart Steelheart is described as

utterly impervious to bullets, edged weapons, fire, radiation, blunt trauma, suffocation, and explosions

so no, he can not be drowned. Impenetrable skin is somewhat of a miss nomer.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎06 at 2:42 PM, Jondesu said:

jW

couldn't they just have gassed him or burned him or something then, that seems like it would be too easy, all they would have do to would be trap him and light him on fire, surely some one would have tried that.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎06 at 2:57 PM, Edgedancer said:

In chapter 13 of Steelheart Steelheart is described as

so no, he can not be drowned. Impenetrable skin is somewhat of a miss nomer.

yep, but what about gassing him, it seems to easy but it wouldn't have fallen under any of those peramiters

Edited by The_God_King

8 hours ago, The_God_King said:

couldn't they just have gassed him or burned him or something then, that seems like it would be too easy, all they would have do to would be trap him and light him on fire, surely some one would have tried that.

How exactly do you propose to trap him in the first place? Good luck even getting him in a situation for gas or fire to be tested (and no, I very much doubt impenetrable skin would burn, and gas fails if he doesn't need to breath).

jW

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

How exactly do you propose to trap him in the first place? Good luck even getting him in a situation for gas or fire to be tested (and no, I very much doubt impenetrable skin would burn, and gas fails if he doesn't need to breath).

jW

well it wouldn't be hard to get him into a trap, they just have to bait him like they did in the book, into a trap room, as per his energy blasts i'm sure with the right money they could buy something like titanium (or simply steal it) that even he wouldn't just be able to blast through and to use as the walls then simply gas him.

you are however right, I didn't think about the fact that he could just hold his breath forever and have no problem until he eventually melted even something as strong as titanium. 

On 7/6/2016 at 9:17 AM, antgrgmn said:

I was wondering if anyone knew why Deathpoint couldn't kill Steelheart. Is his power to specifically desintegrate skin or something? Because it says in the book it only made a hole in Steelheart's outfit when he pointed.

11 hours ago, WayneSpren said:

I was wondering if anyone knew why Deathpoint couldn't kill Steelheart. Is his power to specifically desintegrate skin or something? Because it says in the book it only made a hole in Steelheart's outfit when he pointed.

since death point disintegrates every thing but the bones maybe his power starts on the out side and works its way in, destroying flesh, then muscles and tendons and stuff, if that's it when he pointed it would start with his impenetrable skin and would have gotten stopped there seeing as it couldn't burn through the first layer it needed to in order to get to the rest of the body, it seems like a fairly stable theory, at least IMO, I have no actual proof though seeing as he died like five minutes into the book 

Edited by The_God_King

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:41 PM, The_God_King said:

well it wouldn't be hard to get him into a trap, they just have to bait him like they did in the book, into a trap room, as per his energy blasts i'm sure with the right money they could buy something like titanium (or simply steal it) that even he wouldn't just be able to blast through and to use as the walls then simply gas him.

Problem is, it doesn't matter how strong the sides of the trap are.  He can turn any inorganic material into steel.  So even if you somehow built the trap with diamond walls, he'd simply turn the diamond into steel, and burst out of the trap.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎08 at 1:47 AM, junior said:

Problem is, it doesn't matter how strong the sides of the trap are.  He can turn any inorganic material into steel.  So even if you somehow built the trap with diamond walls, he'd simply turn the diamond into steel, and burst out of the trap.

true, but his power doesn't work well on metal, so titanium might not transform 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...